“Sleep, park and Fly..not a good deal”

Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Reviewed January 26, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 29, 2013

Write a ReviewReviews (1,589)

Reviewed January 25, 2013

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed January 25, 2013

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Our travel agent booked us at this hotel the night before we were flying out of the Philadelphia Airport. The hotel is lovely, in my opinion. Nice lobby, nice rooms, and nice staff. The shuttle took us to the airport and picked us up when we returned. Our car was safe and sound in their parking lot where we left it. It was fabulous. Next time I will book a night upon our return as well.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 25, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to provide comments on your experience with us. Our Park Before You Fly Package is a great way to get ready for your trip with out the rush. We look forward to seeing you again in the future,

Reviewed January 22, 2013

shuttle to hotel fine, and we were very late due to a plane breakdown. on arrival we dropped cases into room and went to reception for guidance to somewhere to eat and get a beer at midnight. they were helpful and we had a good evening. however on return to room we found there were no towels, not even one. so we called reception who promised to send them up. after 20 minutes nothing had happened so we said we would wait until morning. on waking we again asked for towels, explaining what had happened the previous night and were promised towels. however after 15 minutes no towels, so we called again and a very very rude man delivered them without saying a word and giving a look of total disdain. looking round the room we saw that the door security lock was totally broken and the electrical box under the table hanging off the wall. i asked to speak to the manager but was not happy with his response and subsequently wrote a letter of complaint to wyndham hg. they didn't respond but referred the matter back to this hotel. since then i have avoided staying at wyndham properties whenever possible. to finish off an uhappy experience we were waiting for the airport shuttle which was parked, apparently without a driver. we asked another shuttle driver when the wyndham might leave and were told it was ready to go. on return to the shuttle we saw the drive was slumped down in the seat looking at his laptop - looking at cars to buy on line. what an experience - never again!

Room Tip: based on my experience i wouldn't stay again
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback during your recent stay with us. It is our goal to ensure that every guest has a pleasant experience while staying at the Wyndham so your comments are very important for my staff and I tomake improvements on the services that we provide. The details of your stay have been shared with the necessary team members and corrective actions have been taken. Once again, thanks for staying with us.

Reviewed January 22, 2013

Reviewed January 21, 2013

This place sucks!!!! The accountant & staff is very heartless to the customers money!! Over charged my bank card not once but; twice!!! First time over charged it $200 & second time $414.20!!! I've came from California me & my husband who hv served over 16yrs protecting our country to buried my mother n law.. Very first morning after checking in from a long flight the night before . I've decided to checked my banking account $200 more than I was told was drafted off my card! I've had to put the lost of my mother n law to the side and argue with the accountant & Ed the general manager about my card been overcharged without my consent!!! It took a full day to get my money back ... As I've checked out a couple days later thinking everything would be alright. I've decided I'll pay cash so, I don't have to face this problem again... I've paid cash got my reciept and got back home to California to discover they have charged my card an additional $414.20 after I've paid cash for my whole stay of 4 days there.. So, when I've got home couldn't relax from the long flight ..I've had to keep calling regarding my money which took 5 days to get back on my card.. The lady at the front desk kept hanging up the phone in my face.. The accountant never spoken with me till after the 10th call with no remorse ... Only person apologized to me was the new manager name Darryl who was just hired at the hotel and was his 2nd day with the company... This hotel scarred me so bad I will not ever hand my bank card to another hotel ever !!!! I will only pay cash!!! Do not trust this hotel with you bank/credit card or u will regret it!!! On top of this the general manager haven't evening offer me anything for all the stress!!! I'll never go back there!!! Thanks Travelers ;))

• Stayed: January 2013
EdPuodziunas, General Manager at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this reviewResponded January 30, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments about your experience at our hotel. It is our goal to ensure that we meet or exceed our guest's expectations in all facets of the hotel, including proper billing. I do apologize for the inconvience that you experienced and can assure you that all of the managers involved worked closely with the bank to try to resolve the issues. Thank you again for providing your feedback to us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Red Roof PLUS+ Philadelphia Airport
Clarion Hotel Philadelphia International Airport
Holiday Inn Express Philadelphia Airport
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Philadelphia Airport Ridley
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!