“Still works for me”

Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Essington
Boston, Massachusetts
“Still works for me”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

My second stay at this property and I am not much of a reviewer but I think that this hotel is right for the price and location. I come to the area to visit extended family and friends and I feel like the staff (never really changes) really knows its guests. I won't speak for others, but both times my stay here has been above board. I hope that 1 disappointing experience is not enough to stop people from coming back. For me, the staff is always super friendly and willing to help. I found that the Front Office Manager interacts well with her staff and they respond positively to her(sorry, but I can't recall her name!). All and all, this will be my choice of stay whenever I come back (about 2x a year).

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
WyndhamGardenPHL, Director of Sales at Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport, responded to this review, April 6, 2011
Thank you so much for these kind words. The Front Office Manager's name is Danielle. She is great and she's done a great job with our Front Office staff in the short time she's been here. I will be sure to pass your comments along to her.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon!

Thank you for your business!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Allentown, Pennsylvania, USA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2011

We took advantage of the program where you stay one night and can park your car for the duration of your trip. We are very happy we did. The hotel was clean and our room, which apparently had been recently rennovated, was very nice. In particular the bathroom was beyond what you would expect for a hotel of this price range. The hotel staff was most courteous and the shuttle service to and from the airport was prompt and well organized. The parking lot was well lit, although not gated. I might be a little reluctant to park a brand new car there, but for anything else it should be fine. We had a very nice breakfast in the hotel restaurant - no need to go the the Denny's next door.

Negatives (and these are minor): Ventilation system did not appear operational for the bathroom, resulting in steaming up the room when taking a shower - perhaps this was temporary due to renovation work. Also, the HVAC unit, which appeared fairly new, was loud when it would come on and there was no way to adjust the fan speed or run it constantly.

All things considered, the Wyndham will be our first choice when flying out of Philadelphia in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive review. It's always fun to hear the good stuff! That said, as an objective reviewer, the opportunities we have for improvement are helpful as well. I am not sure about the ventilation in the bathroom, but I will have my engineering deparment look into that. As for the AC units, I apologize. Sounds like the one in your room needs a service check.

We look forward to seeing you in the future! Thank you again for your business!
Silver Spring, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 25, 2011

My wife and I stayed two nights during the flower show. The room was of high quality and had clearly been recently renovated. The bed was extremely comfortable and the carpet, couch, and bathroom were spotless. The front desk staff were very polite and didn't seem rushed or uninterested. Therer was a nice flat screen TV and an refridgerator in the room.We loved the free parking which is a huge bonus for Philadelphia. We used the free airport shuttle bus which left every 30 minutes to go to the airport train station and did the same on the way back to the holtel. Both drivers were very friendly.

The negatives were few. The area the hotel is in is not great, although we never felt unsafe. It's just that there isn't anything there except the hotel restaurant and a Denny's. The back entrance and some of the lobby space looked run down, however, the hotel is being renovated so that is to be expected.

Overall we were more than satisfied with the hotel and staff and would definately stay there again

• Stayed March 2011, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your review. The detail you went into is very much appreciated. You are correct about our renovation being the cause of some of the run down public space. The back entrance and some of the lobby will be the last items completed when the remainder of the rooms are done.

We look forward to seeing you again very soon! Thank you for your business!
Barnegat, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have been on this site many times. First there was a Holiday Inn. Then the dreadful Quality Inn. All of the hotels have been sub-far.
New look. Super modern. Effortless check-in with a very polite and helpful woman. She seemed to really enjoy her job.
There is a Parking fee to leave your car in the lot and take the free 24 hr shuttle. If you book your room ahead with priceline, this is an added price. But, Priceline offered a great rate. It is $50 to park for up to 14 days. This amount is better than most of the lots around the airport.
The set-up is abit strange in that the elevators are at the very end of the hotel, hence you have to walk all the way down the hall to reach them. I might have put them closer to the lobby.
When I got to the room, the maid was in there? Huh? She said she was going through the rooms and making sure there was toilet paper and tissues. 20 minutes later there is a knock on my door and it is one of the workman from the 3rd floor who is involved in the renovations.
Wyndham Garden outdid themselves with the renovations on the 4th floor. Lot's of chrome and flourescent lights. The modern chrome lights everywhere with two outlets built in to use your FREE WIFI service.
(You can also use the free internet service in the lobby area for 1 hr to print out your boarding pass, check email or go online---forbids you for going on any social networks)
Flat screen LG tv, chrome mirrors, elegant king size bed with 4 pillows.
The bathroom is plain and as modern as the rest of the room. Bright lights, chrome---even a bright light in the tub.
The air/heat is located on the wall and it is "wireless", in that it controls the heat/air on the other side of the room without ever having to touch the buttons on the LG system.

Only minor minor issues. No coffee cups for the Cuisinart coffee maker. One tiny garbage can at the desk (none in the bathroom), only 1 glass and no liner for the ice bucket.
The hotel is located in Essington, PA (South of the airport). There is a Motel 6 and Red Roof Inn next door (with not the best characters walking around). I would not recommend going out for a nightly stroll.

There is a restaurant attached to the hotel. But, there is also a Denny's next store. If you head East, you will find a WaWa convenience store and further down there are some pizza places as well as a McDonalds. Room service is moderately priced $6-7 for a sandwich,pancakes or waffles $9.95, juices $3, burger $8. There is a pretty impressive menu.

There is a pool which is outside and most likely opens around Memorial Day when the weather is warmer. The gym was small, but appeared to have some pretty new equipment.

Other than that, the room is a delightful change from the other drab, outdated hotels near the Phila airport. This is by far a feeling of luxury prior to a trip. I have stayed at approx 5 other hotels and I will def be staying at Wyndham Garden in the future.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled solo
2 Thank Seablanco1
Excellent review. Thank you for taking so much time to tell people about us! While I am thrilled you had a positive stay, I will definitely make note of our shortcomings and hope you won't have to deal with those in the future.

Thank you again for your business!
New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2011

I have stayed at this hotel many times. And I still don't know why I'm coming back. Maybe due to the fact all other hotels are booked when I need to stay in town. I have to say that the customer service in this hotel is no respectful, especially the older lady that works in the daytime. She is very unpleasant and very moody. But she gets so excited and smiles when the UPS driver shows up for a delivery.

This hotel must do something about the restaurant within it's hotel. The people that run it are especially rude. I made a minor complaint about spoiled food and they gave me an excuse rather than apologize. English needs to be taught as well.

The rooms itself is clean okay. But the maid always seems to forget the amenities for the coffee station. I have woke up several times with no coffee cups, sugar or cream.

I really feel that corporate management needs to take a look at these things, because I am considering never to stay at this hotel ever again.

And I am not the first to complain on this site.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank speghettilover
Thank you for taking the time to give us a review. While it is our wish every guest has a positive experience, unfortunately, this is not always the case. I will address the issues with the necessary parties and make sure something is being done to correct these problems.

Please email me directly the next time you are coming to town. My email is ddipaolo@wyndham.com. I would like to personally ensure you have a positive experience.

Thank you again for your business!
KY
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 15, 2011

This whole area is marginal (and that is being generous). The Windham hotel is like a Motel 6 with a front desk that isn't behind bullet-proof glass. At this exact second that I am writing this review, the maids are beating on my door to get in (DO NOT DISTURB SIGN ON DOOR), and the workers are on the floor below mine drilling holes in the walls. I can barely hear the TV.

As for the food in the area, the best thing going is a Denny's. There is a Wawa down the street, it is better.

The free wireless internet was pretty much overloaded and worthless. Other than that...
I'm going to fire the person that booked me in this hotel.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank thekubiaks
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We obviously missed the boat on your stay here, and I apologize for this. I will address t hese issues with the appropriate parties and we will make every effort to improve the overall guest experience.

That said, I do take umbrage with your comarison between the Wyndham Garden Hotel and the Motel 6. The Wyndham has spent millions of dollars on a major renovation. Our guest services scores have steadily increased every month since June 2010 when we became the Wyndham Garden hotel and are still on the rise.

Again, I am very sorry you had a bad experience, but I do not think comparing is to the Motel 6 is a fair comparison. I hope you'll stay with us again so we can prove just how different we are.
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 13, 2011

While the renovations that have been done are nice.

The fact that they are going on continuously, and the front desk staff are indifferent to the fact that there is no escaping the drilling and banging from 8am to 8pm, makes me dread having to stay at this hotel. The front desk staff's lack of caring in the matter makes me not like this hotel.

If you have a choice, do not stay here.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Essington
La Quinta Inn & Suites Philadelphia Airport
Hampton Inn Philadelphia-International Airport
Renaissance Philadelphia Airport Hotel
The Clarion Hotel and Conference Center
Embassy Suites by Hilton Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
aloft Philadelphia Airport
#56 of 85 in Philadelphia

Been to Wyndham Garden Philadelphia Airport? Share your experiences!