“Meal was so great I booked it for my Office Christmas Party”

Golden Pheasant Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Pheasant Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Erwinna
Reviewed November 28, 2013

Salmon and Halibut are wonderful

Heirloom tomato app decadent

service top notch

looking forward to our return

1  Thank Buckscountyfoodie

Reviewed November 13, 2013

Before I begin I must say I am appalled by the fact that this restaurant has received even a single bad review, I am french and have to say if you did not like the food then sadly you're a lost cause, perhaps fast food is more your pace.

The moment you step into this little slice of heaven you are greeted by a warm energy this entire restaurant exudes comfort and luxury. It is apparent the owners went to great lengths just to ensure the guest had the best possible experience. As soon as we entered the restaurant the friendly hostess lead us to a beautiful table with large leather cushioned chairs (to my delight we were seated in front of the breathtaking stone fire place, but honestly there is no seat that isn't just as wonderful, the whole restaurant is gorgeous). The staff is very attentive and friendly and quick to get whatever you desire. My fiance and I decided to get several different appetizers while we enjoyed our delicious fresh pear cocktails. We got a dozen oysters (I have never had better not in France, nor in Japan) so fresh and full of flavor! Of course we had to get a dozen more (who could resist? Not me!!). We also ordered the charcuterie platter and the cheese platter oh mon dieu! The charcuterie platter had in house made pate which melts on your tongue absolutely to die for! (I had to fend my fiance off with my fork to get a taste before he polished it all off), liver mousse whipped to perfection, scrumptious in house smoked pork jowls and very very good well aged prosciutto all of this was accompanied by chutneys and various mustards as well as delicious pickled vegetables. The cheese platter was just as impressive not to sound like a snob but being french I practically live off of cheese, a meal isn't a meal without my cheese! I was skeptical at first (I thought I know it wont be like France but lets go for it anyways) ah how wrong I was! I actually asked our server for the suppliers name I wanted to buy an entire wheel straight from them!

After our appetizers we perused the exceptionally extensive wine list delighted to see they had an incredibly rare (as in sell your first born to maybe just maybe get this bottle rare) bottle that I simply adored. As if our moods couldn't get any better or entrees arrived. I had the delectable roasted duck breast cooked to perfection, the meat was so tender and flavorful and was drizzled with a superb sweet tangy reduction that with the perfect puff pastry...I drool when I think back to it! My fiance managed to sneak a bite or two of my entree but after that I took no mercy he would have fork marks in his hands if he tried to sneak another bite! He did however return the favor by letting me take several generous bites of his beef strip loin which was cooked to perfection (one of the hardest feats ever! He is that man you are embarrassed to go out with because he will send a steak back five times until it's just right. He likes it crispy on the outside bleeding on the inside the chef nailed it of course what else would you expect here?!) topped with a bearnaise sauce that would convince the king of France he died and went to heaven. Everything was fabulous!

After a delightful meal we needed to finish it off with something sweet! Unfortunately we were both rather full so we decided to split a dessert. We finally decided on the carrot cake (my fiance's soft spot for sweet things has always been carrot cake) it was the perfect end to the perfect evening. We were in utter bliss when we bid our goodbyes and left our little slice of heaven.

2  Thank Melissa T
B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 19, 2013

Thank you so much for your thoughtful review. We are so glad that you enjoyed your meal and hope that you will return soon.

Reviewed November 5, 2013

If you enjoy great food and elegant atmosphere overlooking the River, go try this Restaurant. A wonderful experience. We sat in the back room for brunch overlooking the River. the seafood chowder and smoked salmon were fantastic. The carrot cake with walnuts decorated with a cream cheese icing was like silk in your mouth. You must visit this elegant, finely decorated Restaurant.

Thank you very much for your nice feedback. So glad you enjoyed brunch and hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

So, so unfortunate, and apparently, I'm not alone here. Those who know great food are keenly aware that the food here just doesn't cut it.

We recently ate at the Golden Pheasant, and were very disappointed. Lobster bisque that did not taste like lobster bisque is supposed to - lobster bisque should taste like the essence of lobster; this tasted like brown gravy - the memory of it is coming back, unfortunately, as I write this post. Some of the worst lobster bisque I've ever had. Ravioli that lacked the depth of flavor needed to make it great, or stand out. Salad with limp lettuce.

It really is shameful, and I hope the owner is reading this. You've put so much money into this place - and it looks great - so, how can you permit the food to not live up to the environs? You can't charge people $25-$35 for entrees and have average food. It is, frankly, unacceptable.

Hopefully this problem will be fixed.

1  Thank SalLani
B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. Please know that the owners of this business care deeply and read every review. We respect that not everyone will like every dish that we serve, but overall we do feel that the experience we offer is good quality and value. We base that not just on electronic feedback but also on the interaction that we have in person with customers who dine with us. We go out of our way to ask, "How was everything?" and overwhelmingly people are happy. Having said that - we know there are areas for improvement. There always are and we are always striving to improve. Thanks for your suggestions.

Reviewed October 10, 2013

This place is a little gem. Excellent food, service and ambiance all in one. An old inn located between the canal and the Delaware river still has rooms to stay in as well as the restaurant. The food is always excellent and unique and the bar is well stocked. It is a place you will be glad you visited.

B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this reviewResponded October 30, 2013

Thank you so much for the nice feedback!