“Unexpected pleasure”

Golden Pheasant Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
Golden Pheasant Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 1 Restaurants in Erwinna
Cross street: Dark Hollow Road
Rhode Island
“Unexpected pleasure”
Reviewed May 12, 2013

I was visiting old friends in Pipersville and they took me to the Golden Pheasant for dinner. The restaurant is ideally situated between the canal and the river in Erwinna. The building has always been an old tavern but has been recently renovated to an amazingly high standard. Everything is done to perfection including the fabulous art on the walls.

We ate in a large glassed in room that overlooks the river and canal. While I can't call it cozy, it is very well done and quite light and airy. For a cozier feel, book the main dining room with the fire place.

Our server was excellent and did a wonderful; job explaining the farm to table philosophy of the Golden Pheasant. However, after a wonderful introduction, the level of attention dropped off a bit.

Of course, the reason you go to a restaurant is the food.While well presented, I found my main dish (wild mushroom ravioli) to be a bit heavy with too much sauce and not enough wild mushroom taste. My friends meals (one had lamb, the other I can't recall), seemed better. The salad we had as a starter was okay but seemed lacking a bit after the great intro. Overall, I found the food, while well presented, to be slightly below what I anticipated in such a well done setting.

The Golden Pheasant is certainly THE place to go for a special occasion. On the way out of town the next day, there was a group headed in burdened with presents for what I suppose was a baby shower and the group at dinner seemed to be couples celebrating special nights out.

Definitely a great addition to the foodie scene in the area.

B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
Thank you so much for your feedback - we truly appreciate that you took the time to share your experience. Please come see us again soon!

Lehigh Valley, PA
“Close to perfection”
Reviewed May 8, 2013

Wonderful view, atmosphere and service, as you'd expect from a true fine dining restaurant at this price level. Food was a bit disappointing, depending on the entree, but the presentation of all of it was top-notch. I'd go back, but would likely try a different selection.

B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this review, May 13, 2013
We really appreciate your comments and hope to see you again soon!
Doylestown, Pennsylvania
“Not as good as expected.”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We stopped by the Golden Pheasant this past Friday. We had very high expectations of this place after hearing from friends and looking to some reviews on-line. The restaurant is in a very secluded place along the Delaware river. We liked this. Once you walked inside, you are greeted by great people and we were served very quickly. The menu seems interesting having a nice variety of cheese… we enjoyed them all. The soup (daily special of watercress) was pretty good as well as the pate and toasts. The entrees were average. We had the filet Mignon and it was nothing impressive. Mash potatoes seem quite dry – like they were served 20 mins before the steak was it on the plate. Dessert was ok – we had the roasted pears with orange cake – flavor was ok but very bad presentation. As said before, not a bad dinner but will rate it slightly below average. We will not be back.

B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this review, May 6, 2013
Thank you for joining us for dinner and for taking the time to provide feedback. Glad that service was friendly and that you liked the setting. We are very sorry to hear that your overall experience did not meet expectations and will work on our presentation of dessert and mashed potatoes. So glad to hear that you enjoyed the cheese, watercress soup and charcuterie plate. Best - Briar
New Tripoli, Pennsylvania
“Beautiful fine dining by the river”
Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

My fiance and I came here for a valentines day splurge and boy was it worth it. The atmosphere has all the class and charm of a five star city restaurant with a down to earth charm that is welcoming. The signature cocktails are delicious and we enjoyed a special prix fixe menu for the holiday that left our palates very pleased. It isn't stuffy at all. May I reccomend the red snapper it was cooked so perfectly it melted in my mouth

• Visited February 2013
B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
We are so glad that you enjoyed your dinner. Thank you for your positive feedback!
Roebling
“Excellent!”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My husband and one other couple were recently dining at the Golden Pheasant Inn. It was wonderful, the food, the service and ambiance was excellent. Now one of my favorite resturants

• Visited April 2013
B M, Owner at Golden Pheasant Inn, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to give us feedback. We appreciate your kind words!