“Travel Zoo deal saved us a lot of money!”
Review of Sand Castle Winery

Sand Castle Winery
Ranked #1 of 3 things to do in Erwinna
Reviewed July 9, 2012

We saw the tour and tasting advertised on Travel Zoo and for $19 (for 2 people) you can't beat it!
The drive in and around the winery was very pretty and the castle itself is quite nice (although it is a much later addition to the winery).
David was our tour guide. He was incredibly knowledgeable and had a great sense of humor! We tasted 11 different wines, some with "experiments" using food to alter the taste of the wine. The Alpine Spice was my favorite. It tastes, quite literally like liquid apple pie! We tried it warmed and chilled. Both options are fantastic. We bought 2 bottles!

We also ventured up to the gallery and saw some interesting paintings of European architecture and perspectives. Some of the images I would've loved to have in my own home.

Overall it was a very pleasant afternoon and I would come back again for the Alpine Spice!!

2  Thank AdrienneGlobeTrotter
"meats"
in 6 reviews
"harvest"

Reviewed June 30, 2012

Did the food and wine tasting @ sandcastle with a groupon deal and thoroughly enjoyed myself. they offered some very unique cheese varieties that I fell in love with so now I am hooked on their taste stores which sell both the wines and some of the food presented at the tasting. I learned a great deal about considering wine as a condiment for your foods. The staff is extremely knowledgable so we were able to ask numerous questions and get very thoughtful responses. Would certainly recommend a visit...which will inevitably lead to many more.

Reviewed June 28, 2012

The folks who run the place are very knowledgable and shared their opinions on wine and the business of running a winery as well. The tour was quick but with lots of information and every question was answered. All of the wines produced come from grapes grown at the site. Most are a little sweet and if you are a dry red wine lover they may not be to your liking, but it was an entertaining visit. Some nice views down into the valley below.

Reviewed June 20, 2012

Wonderful site, great wine - take the tour and tasting for a nice day trip!