“Basic Hotel, No Frills, but Clean” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Erie
Youngstown-Warren, OH
“Basic Hotel, No Frills, but Clean”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

This hotel is basic, but it is cheap so you get what you pay for. Rooms were extremely clean and modern. Beds were pretty ok, could be just a little bit comfier but no complaints on that end.
One complain I did have is that the staff seemed very unhelpful and disinterested in our concerns. It took quite a while too get us checked in and it almost seemed that the front desk agent was annyoyed with us.
One thing to be aware of is this hotel consists of two buildings, and for some reason our party was seperated between the too, which causes problems in November when we needed to walk between rooms, as the temperature was cold.
Overall, fairly good basic hotel for the traveler on a budget looking for a clean, no-frills hotel.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
1 Thank cmsgreek

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (247)
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2010

Good sized rooms (lots of room for the shopping bags!!), clean with no chemical clean smell, comfy bed with soft sheets. Best hot breakfast idea ever in that you get a coupon for the neighboring McDonald's extra value meal! Friendly helpful staff (perhaps because they don't have to serve breakfast?), seriously if the price was a little lower it would be perfect, but the price reflects the area and I guess the times, I'm still not willing to pay over $100 for a bed thanks and they slipped right under that with the CAA discount. This is our second time here and we'll happily stop again next year when we come to Christmas shop in the area.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank roadtripmamato2
Oxford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2010

We only stayed here for one night on our way to Ohio. I was not expecting much but was pleasantly surprised at how clean our room was. The tub/shower unit looked very new and the bathroom was spotless. Our room was on the small side but had a small fridge and a microwave, something we've previously taken for granted that all hotel rooms have, but found on this trip that not all do. The location was very convient to 90 which is what we were looking for. The area apparently is popular with bikers. The ice machine is located away from any rooms which I think is a bit inconvient, although it might be to prevent guests from having to deal with the noise right outside their room. My only complaints are minor. There was a very small selection of channels on the tv and only two pillows per bed.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank coastermom52
Pittsburgh Pa
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 15, 2010

never actually got to stay here due to the fact that when we arrived at 3pm our room wasn't ready. check in is at 1pm. i was told to pay for the room and it would be ready in 30-45 minutes. came back well over an hour later and was told that the room wouldn't be ready for another hour or 2. staff didn't care. told me to cancel my reservation. which i did. no one said sorry, no one offered any other resolution. they just didn't want to deal with us.

Stayed June 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank insgal73
Ontario, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2010

This pet-friendly hotel is comfortable, clean, and reasonably priced. Close to the I-90, this location is convenient for an over-night stay. Our room was quiet, away from the interstate traffic noise. Doc Holliday’s Country Bar and Grill (two blocks from hotel) has great wings.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Cay B
upstate NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2010

Where ever we go, I always look for a Red Roof. In the past year I've stayed at 3 Red Roofs, and they are always clean, comfortable, and a tremendous bargain. Other hotel chains just can't compare to the low price, without sacrificing quality and cleanliness.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family
Fillmore, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 7, 2010

I stayed here for 2 nights with my 2 dogs. I had a downstairs room that opened onto the parking lot which was very convenient for parking and walking the dogs. The room was fine. It's nothing fancy but did have a microwave and refrigerator and was comfortable. The wireless internet free with my room but I had to have a wireless card for T-mobile. The only glitch in my 2 night stay was that the internet and telephone service had been stopped when I woke up at 6am and tried to use the internet. I had to call the office and get a new access number and I had some trouble getting it to work. When I tried to call tmobile help I found out the phone had been suspended. I called the front desk and they activated the phone and must have done something to my reservation because then the internet card worked. It was aggravating to have to jump through hoops to get online at 6am but when I mentioned it to the woman at the front desk at checkout she apologized and gave me a free tmobile card to use anytime/anywhere because of the inconvenience to me. So a big thumbs up for great customer service.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled on business