“Fair for price”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Toronto, Canada
“Fair for price”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

Can't beat the price. Rooms are clean. Ventilation in the washroom isn't the greatest (fan didn't do much) . it serves its purpose as somewhere to sleep. Dumpster pick up is at 4am!! Close to Millcreek mall and lots of restaurants in driving distance

Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 13, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent experience with us! I am glad that we were able to provide you with a worthwhile experience for the money spent. While I do wish we could have provided you a truly exceptional stay, I am grateful that overall you enjoyed your stay. Should your travels bring you back for shopping in the area, I hope that you will allow us the opportunity to provide you a hassle free stay.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Crown Point, Indiana, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 5, 2014

We were not looking for total luxury, we were looking for clean and inexpensive. We got both. We only stayed one night. The bathroom was tiny, but overall the room was adequate. Easy access from the highway. Breakfast that was provided was more like a snack ( a bottle of water, an apple, and a muffin) but I wasn't really even expecting breakfast for that price. The hotel shares a parking lot with a McDonalds just in case you prefer a hot breakfast. My only complaint was that the mattress was pretty firm--I prefer a softer one. Overall, this was a good stay. I don't think I would choose this hotel if I had my kids with me since the rooms are tiny, but they were just right for my husband and I.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 7, 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review about your most recent stay with us here in Erie! We know how important it is to get quality for your buck, and are glad that we could provide you a clean room at an affordable price. I am sorry if the room was not quite as large and comfortable as you would have liked. We do however have Superior King rooms which have a larger TV, bed, work space and overall floor space. I hope that what ever travels bring you to our area that you keep us in mind the next time you are in town!
Greensburg, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

A weekend trip that was spur of the moment had me looking for a motel that would be clean, comfortable and not break the bank. This Red Roof Inn fit the bill nicely! We had friendly service, received prompt help when I had a glitch in hooking my tablet to their free WiFi, and had a pleasant night sleep.

The room was basic, with a mini fridge, microwave and a small coffee maker. Hairdryer and ironing board/iron provided. Surprisingly, the floor was not carpeted but had a wood look laminate with a rug in between the two queen size beds. Flat screen TV worked great.

In the morning a continental breakfast in a bag is provided if you go to the lobby to pick it up. Bottled water, an apple and packaged muffin are complimentary and when I went to the lobby, was told to take as many as I wanted. Don't know if it was a general rule or if due to the hour, they had extras to get rid of. There is a McDonald's right next door if you want a fast food breakfast.

If you are interested in touring Wine Country, this motel is ideally located to various estate wineries in the area and staff is very helpful in directing you to them!

Not a budget breaker at all. If you become a Red Roof Card holder, you can receive discounts, etc.

Red Roof was just right for me and would stay there again when I run out of wine! ;)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 6, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to become a Redicard Member and for choosing to stay with us on your visit to our local wineries! We are very blessed to have so many wineries in our own back yard! I am so grateful to hear that my team was so helpful in giving directions to you and that you enjoyed your stay with us. The next return visit you make to the area, we hope you will keep us in mind and that your stay experience with us continues to grow!
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2014

It was nice that all of the rooms were renovated. We stayed at a room opposite the highway to cut back on road noise (that was a tip from another reviewer) and it was a quiet room. The décor was updated and the room had a microwave and a refrigerator which is so helpful while on vacation. The sink in was in the room rather than being in the bathroom (which is typical of motels). The bathroom was quite tiny and the showerhead squealed when showering but at least the water came out with power. Red Roof gives you a bag with breakfast items each day (a bottle of water, an apple and an individually-wrapped muffin). These little bags are in the lobby so stop by and pick one up (one per guest) before you head out site-seeing. They do not charge you for this breakfast bag as another reviewer mentioned in a prior post. What they do charge you for is $1.50 per night for use of the room safe. You can ask that they do not charge you for that upfront (as we did) or after you pay your bill at the end of your stay. The reason there is a room safe is because the casino is right down the street and we imagine people get some good winnings and use the safe. We asked for extra blankets and the front desk delivered promptly. I will say all of the pillows they give you are hard as rocks (would be nice if there was at least one soft, down-like pillow in the mix) but if you are traveling by car, it's best to bring your own pillow from home, unless you like hard pillows. Everything was clean in the room, but some comforters could have a spot on them.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your extensive review of our hotel! I really appreciate your attention to detail! It is rare to find a guest who shows as much passion for dissecting a room as myself! I only have one small comment to make in regards to our pillows. That is, that we do offer a softer pillow that we store in the bottom drawer of the dresser in each room for our guests. Other than that, you seem to have quite competently covered all the grounds! Thank you for kind words, and we hope to see you again soon!
Goodells, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 31, 2014

I stayed at this red roof on a quick overnight stay because I was traveling to buffalo from Indianapolis and could not drive any longer. I was not expecting much but I was pleasantly surprised at how clean and comfortable this room was. I would definitely come back to this hotel in the future and congratulations to the housekeeping staff for doing an excellent job.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for taking a chance and deciding to stay with us! We love the opportunity to show new guests how great of a hotel we can be. I am so happy to hear that you were surprised with your stay with us! Thank you for your compliments to my staff and we hope to see you again soon!
Washington, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 29, 2014

Stayed at this Redd Roof during the recent holiday weekend. Room was clean. Adaquqte. Staff was friendly and polite. It was fine for one night. I have stayed here in the past. It was an expensive room for this caliber of hotel.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us in the Red Roof Inn Erie on the last holiday weekend. We appreciate that you chose us for your return visit to the area. I am glad that enjoyed your stay but do apologize if we were unable to provide you with a truly exceptional stay. If there is anything we can do to improve, please let me know and I will do my best to make it happen going forward.
LAKEFIELD
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 28, 2014

Stayed here on our way home from Florida in April the hotel price is very good and the room is clean and has been updated.The problem is that the rooms are so close to the express way you will need ear plugs to sleep which we used , there is only one resturant in the area which is ok at best so next year i will stop one exchange back where there are many choices and resturants in the area

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your visit to Erie. I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room at an affordable price! However, please accept my apologies if the traffic noise you encountered during your stay has made you hesitant to return to our property. We would love for another opportunity to provide you with an excellent room with no disturbances. If you ever reconsider staying with us, please contact me and I will be sure to do all I can to assist in making your stay comfortable for you.