“Nice stay” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Toronto
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

Hubby and I stayed at Red Roof for one night. Great location. Right off the highway (I-90). Friendly staff. Updated rooms were nice and laminate flooring was a plus. We knew it was animal friendly to begin with so was worried about possible noises from dogs. Didn't hear anything, just some traffic noise and a few people here and there who don't really know how to keep their voices down late at night, or they slam doors.

Close to Peach street where Millcreek Mall is and lots of other stores and restaurants.

Would stay here again if we ever come back to Erie.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Ney16
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Erie as your pet friendly hotel when you came to town. We always appreciate hearing that our staff is friendly and that you did not hear any noise from neighboring pet rooms. We do our very best to handle and resolve any noise disturbances that are reported on property. If you ever do experience one please do not hesitate to contact desk so we may resolve it for you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (246)
Nashville, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 27, 2014

This place was perfect for the price. We got a single room with 2 queen beds. The entire place is very clean, coffee maker in room. The check in guy was friendly. Beds are really comfy. We'd stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for the quieter rooms.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, March 1, 2014
Thank you for writing a review about your hotel experience with us here in Erie! I am glad that we were able to deliver on our two biggest key areas: cleanliness and friendliness! We know how important a friendly face at check in is to the over all experience of the hotel. We appreciate you keeping us in your travel plans for the future, and look forward to your next visit!
Columbus, Ohio
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

This Inn is located just a stone's throw from the I-90 and Perry Highway interchange. While this is very convenient, it also means that the rooms facing the interstate are a bit noisy. Plan ahead and reserve an "even-numbered room" which does not face the highway. I stayed two nights and, overall, was pleased with the room. It had been renovated recently ---- new laminate floors, counters, furniture, fixtures, etc. The room itself was large and comfortable, but the bathroom (toilet and tub/shower) was pretty small. There is no sit down breakfast area, but the Inn does offer a "bag breakfast" containing several light breakfast foods (muffin, etc.) ---- I didn't partake so cannot comment. There a several fast food restaurants close by, but I did not notice any family-style places to eat. Considering the reasonable cost ($70/night on weekends), I give my thumbs-up!

Room Tip: For a quieter stay, ask for a room facing away from the Interstate.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Peter P
Thank you for taking the time to write a review for our Red Roof Inn in Erie! I am very appreciative that my team and I were able to provide you with such a note-worthy experience. I am glad that besides a few minor inconveniences, that you were still able to enjoy your stay with us. Thank you as well for your recommendation of our hotel, we love hearing our guests talk about spreading the word about our hotel! I am glad we could be of service on your stop over in town, and we look forward to your next visit!
Buckhorn, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2014

Red Roof Inns have really improved their lodging. The beds seem to be new and the renovations, while done on a shoestring have addressed all the right things such as beds, carpets, linens, etc. They are worth another try for those of you who remember the old hotels being dingy and dirty. You certainly can't beat the value. The Inn in Erie is nicely situated close to the highway and we stay there regularly on our trips to and from Florida. There is a bar close by for a good dinner and music. Give it a try.

Room Tip: Ask for a room around the back. There is less highway noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 9, 2014
Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us again after our remodel and for writing a review of your stay with us! I am so glad that you liked our rooms and that you found them to be an upgrade over our previous versions. We were very fortunate to receive such a quality renovation on our property. I would like to thank you as well for staying with us regularly on your trips from home to Florida. I hope that you continue to enjoy your stays with us and that we are able to provide you with excellent service in the future.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2014

Had a great stay here in January for 2 nights. Note that rooms are NOT carpeted but have laminate floors - very nice for the dog. No wet carpet by the door due to the snow. Also, no mold or dirty carpets to worry about. Bathroom was large and clean. We had a King room - nice comfy chairs - one at the little desk and one lounge chair. The grab and go breakfast is nice. They had 4 or 5 different types of Sara Lee muffins bagged with a bottle of water and an apple. The apples were no so great - but the muffins were fresh and very good. I think they should ditch the apples and substitute a granola bar. There is a McDonalds next door and an Arbys next to it. Cracker Barrel is 1 exit West on 90 ( maybe 3 miles). WiFi was really good and we had no problems being on line with multiple devices. The only downside is, like all Red Roofs, the walls are pretty thin. If you have noisy, rude neighbors you will know it. The staff was very nice and helpful to us on all our requests. If you want a quiet night - ask the desk if they can put you where there is an empty room next door. They did that for us and we appreciated it greatly!

Room Tip: First floor rooms are park at the door - second floor has an interior corridor. Second floor is nic...
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Thank you very much for writing a review about your recent experience with us in Erie! I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much with us. Thank you as well for having such a great appreciation of our laminate flooring within the rooms! While I wish we could have placed you into a completely noise free room, I am grateful that my team was able to honor your request for a room away from other guests. We pride ourselves on the amount of requests that we are able to accommodate, and especially during the off season there should be no reasonable request that we cannot honor.
Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2014

Pleasantly surprised. super clean, modern and spacious room with all amenities!
I go to Erie, PA a few times a year and this was the first time I stayed at the Red Rood Inn. I did so because of the excellent reviews and the fact the rooms do not have carpeting (which harbors germs, odors, etc). If all hotels in Erie were the same price, I would stay at the Red Roof

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
    • 5 of 5 stars
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, January 25, 2014
Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I am so glad to hear that you would choose us over the other hotels in Erie! We appreciate you giving us a chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be. I hope that your travels will bring you back to the area again, soon!
St. Louis
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2014

I purchased two rooms for a family vacation in the summer of 2013 based on all the other reviews on tripadvisor. The location was great for us and the rooms were fine. Everything was just as expected--decent room for a good price. The only issue we had was there seemed to be an excessive amount of hair in the bathroom when we first arrived. By excessive, I mean you can count on two hands, however, that is excessive for a "clean" bathroom. I called the front desk and they were very apologetic and had someone re-clean the bathroom right away. Other than that, the room was nice, and served it's purpose. I also don't usually like staying in places where the doors to the rooms are outside the building, but I did feel safe at this location.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
    • 3 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to write about your family vacation this past summer! I am glad that we were able to provide you with a pleasant atmosphere while you took a break from the stresses of work. I am sorry though, that the bathroom was not thoroughly cleaned prior to your arrival and that you felt hesitant about our ground floor, outside access rooms. While I am grateful that my team was able to resolve the issue quickly, I do apologize for this occurrence. Also as an aside, I would like to mention that we do offer rooms on the second floor that have interior corridors as well. I hope that the next time you visit the area you will allow us the opportunity to provide you with a problem free experience.