Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #5 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We are not "typical" Red Roof Inn fans but the reviews on Trip Advisor led us to call and to write my first review EVER!

Megan at the front desk was amazing- we had a few specific questions and she answered them all on spot and all before we even made the reservation.

Here are the biggies:

Dog Friendly- excellent first floor rooms with direct outside access for easy pup relief. Second floors have inside corridor entrances.

NON SMOKING- but as a smoker- they have this really cute "smokers hut" with benches in a Gazebo type structure. Also smoking stands right outside each first floor floor doors.

ALCOHOL-This is exit 27 in Erie. Exit 24 (just one exit further west) has two beer/wine stores as you cant buy alcohol in grocery or convienience stores in PA. Also alot of chain restaurants like Applebee's and Quaker State and Walmart and a WHOLE bunch more. Even a Platos Closet for quick kid shopping.

Parking lot well lit, rooms are spotless. Huge tubs, great computer desk area and amazing comfy King size beds. We had the King Superior room with TV free Internet(really fast) Microwave and mini fridge. Ironing board hair dryer and huge comfy pillows. HARDWOOD FLOORS So no worry how many other dogs did what might have happened where.

A must stay in Erie. $59 bucks and well well well deserved of this review at that price!! Enjoy!

Room Tip: Room 130 was our room across from the smoking room and in the back of the property so nice an isolat...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the chance to stay with us, and on top of that to give us the honor of being your very first review! We understand that some guests are hesitant to write a review, however we do appreciate each and every single one we receive. I am also so glad to hear that Megan provided you with such excellent service, and that she was able to answer all of your questions! I'd like to say, once again how happy I am to hear that we were able to provide you with such an excellent stay. If you are ever in town again, I hope you will keep us in mind!

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We were traveling home from Boston, and the weather took a turn for the worse. The sleet came down for quite a while and the roads were getting more icy by the minute. We pulled off and the Red Roof Inn was there by chance. The sign said new rooms and a great price $59.99 which led us to the this hotel vs any other local ones. I was very surprised and impressed with the rooms as they were clean and stylish. We loved everything about the rooms and the service of the night clerk. The only ding against the hotel was how small the bathrooms were. A small price for the nice room we received for the price.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family

While I am sorry that you had to undergo such strenuous circumstance driving along the highway, I am very glad that we were able to provide some much needed respite from the harsh winter conditions. We are very glad that you appreciated our rooms and my night staff so much! I hope that the next time you are in town we will be able to provide you with an equally refreshing experience without the hassle of having to endure similar driving conditions.

Reviewed December 30, 2013

Booked a room because of excellent reviews on TripAdvisor and found this to be so. We were located on the first floor, away from I 90 which was quiet: excellent location for our dog for we could take him in and out with no trouble. We enjoyed our stay very much and appreciate all the upgraded changes. Recommended: particularly the ease of having our dog with us.

Room Tip: A room away from I 90 is more quiet.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded January 2, 2014

Thank you so much for writing a review about your most recent stay with us. I am glad that our presence on tripadvisor and our pet friendly policy helped you to decide to stay with us. As part of the Red Roof Brand I can assure you that we will always welcome guests and pets both, and will do our best to accommodate them equally! If you are ever in the area again, we hope that you will keep the Red Roof Inn Erie in mind!

Reviewed December 29, 2013

We have probably stayed here four times. Always excellent value, clean, safe, easy access. Best in Erie! Red Roof Inn has definately improved there level of quality not just here but all over the USA.

Room Tip: Ask for a first floor, they are all drive ups
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for you compliments about the quality of our hotel and brand name! We love hearing that our guests approve of our new focus! I hope we can continue to provide you with excellent service, and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed here a year ago when it was the number 1 or 2 hotel in Erie, and decided to stay again, despite this year's lower rating... It was even better than last year! We asked for a room on the back side of the building and it was GREAT! Clean, good location, and (this time) quiet!

The bed is comfortable, although I must say the pillows didn't work for me, but overall, very satisfied!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side... Can't go wrong with a superior king!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review about your previous stay with us. We are so delighted to hear that we were able to improve so much over your other visit with us! We do our best to honor all of our guests requests. On a side note, I would like to say that we do offer a softer pillow to any guest that might request one, on hand in our laundry. If you are ever in town I hope that you will choose to stay with us a third time and that your experience keeps improving!

Reviewed December 28, 2013

I had not previously considered Red Roof Inns after a bad experience many, many years ago, but due to having to pull off the highway late at night with no reservation, and trusting the glowing reviews, we gave it a try. Perhaps it does not show well from the outside, but the rooms are great. Very clean, love that they used laminated flooring instead of carpeting, how convenient to have plugs handy to charge up electronics overnight, and fridge and microwave. Comfortable mattress, nice bedding, great TV, really a 4 star room. If you are a AAA member, ask for a discount.

Room Tip: Ask for AAA discount. If you like quiet, ask for a room facing away from highway.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for choosing to stay with us even after you previous bad experience with the brand. We absolutely love that we were able to show you just how great of a hotel the Red Roof Inn's can be! We very much appreciate your glowing review and approval of our new design within the rooms. I hope that we were able to positively change your perception of the brand and that you will keep the Red Roof Inn Erie in mind during your next visit to the area!

Reviewed December 12, 2013

My wife and I always make the yearly trip to Erie for some Christmas shopping. I'd originally booked at an expensive hotel with all the amenities included. We decided to go cheap this trip, and wow did we find the needle in the haystack.

The Red Roof has been completely renovated inside. Beds were comfortable, new furnishings and laminate flooring are just some of the attributes that have been updated. Room was clean and quiet. Bathroom was neat and tidy...no complaints there. Staff was friendly and very helpful. Shopping is just 1 exit up the road and the casino is right across the street.

While this Hotel does not have a pool or serve a breakfast, it more than makes up for it in the price. Staying on the strip could have cost upwards of $159/ night, while the Red Roof offered $119. We ate breakfast at the casino for $5.99 and it was all you could eat and better than any hotel breakfast I've ever had! The R.R even gave us a coupon for a $7.00 worth of gambling and as a first timer to the casino they gave us an additional $15. We managed to turn the measly $23 bucks into $150 and paid for our room and breakfast with it.

It's not the most elegant place to stay, but it sure was clean, fresh and quiet.

Only 1 complaint. We are non smokers. The Hotel is non-smoking, so the smokers light up in the stairwells. They leave ashes and butts all over the place instead of going outside. The staff obviously turned a blind eye to this, as it was never cleaned up during our stay.

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a room opposite the Highway and on ground floor.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded December 14, 2013

Thank you so much for your wonderful review of our hotel! I cannot express how thrilled I am to hear that you enjoyed your stay so much! We are so grateful that you decided to take a chance by changing your reservation to stay with us. I would like to apologize for smokers in the stairwell however. I can assure you that we do not accept this type of behavior and I will be diligently scrutinizing the happenings going forward. I hope that the next time you are in town you will take another chance with us and that your luck at the casino continues!