“Updated and Sufficient”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
NE Pennsylvania
“Updated and Sufficient”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 11, 2013

This hotel was clean and updated. Check-in was easy and the staff polite and helpful. The location was great, right off Route 90. The accommodations were actually better than I expected for a no-frills hotel. The bagged breakfast was the weakest part of the stay, a prepackaged muffin, small apple and bottle of water.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments about our hotel! It makes me beam with pride when I hear such lovely words of praise for my hotel and my staff especially. I am very glad that my team was able to provide you with such an effortless check in.

While we are not an over-the-top five star hotel/resort, we still do try very hard to make our guests welcome and are so glad we were able to break away from the mold and deliver such an excellent stay.

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay experience with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Wisconsin
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2013

Traveling with sister. Arrived late on a Friday night and headed out early the next morning. Honored coupon from book we got at a travel plaza. $79.99 which is still a bit pricey but consistent with area. Room was clean and comfortable and had wood floors which is nice - no wondering what's crawling in the carpet. "Breakfast" was a paper bag with a muffin, bottle of water and small apple. Staff was friendly.

Room Tip: We did ask for a room in the back away from the interstate and were not bothered by traffic noise at...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, November 10, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your weekend trip! I am glad that my team honored the coupon without hassle during the late night. Thank you as well for commenting on our new flooring! We really appreciate hearing that our guests approve of the new changes we've made to the hotel. We feel the same way that removing the carpets from the rooms has added a whole new level of transparency, so now you can see exactly what you are walking on. I hope if you are ever travelling in the area again that you will grab another coupon book and head for the Red Roof Inn.
Scotia, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2013

I've been to this Inn many times, the last review being September 2012. I've been consistent in my comments -- Clean, comfortable, remodeled. Yes, bathroom is small, but tolerable even for a six feet two inch person. I knew that the Red Roof no longer offered breakfast at McDonald's and, due to lack of space, now provides a bagged meal of an apple, a muffin and a bottle of water. I don't consider this a breakfast and skipped it on this trip, although I would stay there again because everything else is so right.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 29, 2013
Let me start by thanking you for continuing to stay with us here in Erie! We absolutely love that having return guests. I am glad that even if our ground floor rooms don't have the largest bathrooms around that you still find our hotel very comfortable. I am sorry that our new breakfast option wasn't to your liking. I only hope that your next stay with us be even more comfortable and relaxing and that we continue to be your hotel of choice when visiting Erie.
Massachusetts
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013 via mobile

Right next to the highway. After driving almost 600 miles I was looking forward to sleep but being right next to the highway made for a lot of noise! Rooms are clean and well kept but I was very disappointed by all the noise. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone who wants to get a good nights' rest.

Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank reh037
Thank you for taking the time to write about your most recent experience with us. While we wish that we could have provided you with a more comfortable stay we still appreciate your review regardless. We do offer rooms on the backside of our hotel which would provide a much greater protection from the noise. I am sure that you would enjoy your stay much more in one of these rooms. I hope you will allow us another chance to show you how great of a hotel we can be.
Delmont, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We recently stayed at the Red Roof. It has gotten a renovation and it was very nice. The room was clean and comfortable. The bathroom however is so small, you don't have room to change your mind. But who spends much time in a bathroom? It does have a larger area with a sink and enough space for toiletries and such in the room outside of the bathroom. I especially liked the desk area for my lap top and correspondence work.
The staff was friendly and accommodating. I understand that most of the Red Roofs have been
renovated. I would recommend staying at a Red Roof to anyone. Kathryn K.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for staying with us and for your nice comments about our renovation! I am glad that even though the bathroom wasn't quite as large as you would have preferred, that the vanity area was still comfortable and to your liking. We are very happy to hear that our team was friendly and helpful to you during your stay. We appreciate the recommendation you gave us and hope that we get to see you again!
Pittsburgh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

Took a took to see my relative going to school in Erie booked room at Red Roof. Let me say the room was beautiful and very very clean. This Hotels was recently remodledd and it great. No problem being by the Highway we heard no noise. The staff was friendly and so helpful, as well as this Hotel is near many stores and attractions. Will stay agian and tell others about. Also Great value!!!!

Room Tip: request a room in the back.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 27, 2013
Thank you taking a chance and staying with us when you visited Erie to see a relative in school! i am so glad to hear that our hotel did not disappoint. Thank you for commenting on the appearance of our rooms as well. We were fortunate enough to receive a remodel last year which had made our hotel more welcoming by leaps and bounds. I am also grateful that my team was so courteous to you during your stay. We know that a bad interaction with a staff member can ruin an entire experience. Thank you for graciously keeping our hotel in mind during future visits. We look forward to seeing you again!
Bracebridge, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013

I booked this room based on the reviews from this site and was not disappointed! My husband and I had planned a shopping weekend and we knew we wouldn't be spending much time in the room. The scenery around the hotel leaves a little to be desired but certainly didn't seem unsafe. I appreciated how close the hotel was to the highway and such a quieter exit then Peach St. The rooms were clean and the bed was comfortable. The grab and go breakfast was a great way to start the morning and appreciated. We had no issues with noise although we stayed on the back side on the top floor. I would definitely book here again, it is a fabulous value for the price!

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review! We absolutely love hearing that guests read other reviews on Tripadvisor and decided to stay with us based upon those reviews. We know that there is nothing more legitimate than reading reviews from other actual guests who have actually stayed with us previously with which to base your own decisions. Thank you as well for your appreciation of our location and our RediSetGo breakfast option. We are glad to hear that you will keep us in mind for future reservations. We look forward to seeing you again!