“Clean and affordable, but not very quiet”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed October 5, 2013

By far the cleanest motel I've been to! Spent a night there for the Erie Marathon at Presque Isle. The location is convenient to the interstate (right at an exit), but not much else in the immediate vicinity. Decent size room and a comfortable bed, WiFi was working well. Muffin and an apple were good for a snack, coffee in the lobby was better than what you can make in the room. Staff was friendly, and accommodated late checkout request with no problems. The only two issues: I have asked for a quiet room in the rear, but got one next to a walkway and some kind of electrical or laundry facilities that was anything but quiet. Especially when some other guests decided to have a loud conversation at 11 pm right outside my door. The second issue was water in the pipes never got cold enough (I need an ice bath after a race) and the AC unit was a bit noisy.

Room Tip: Stay away from ground floor rooms on each side of the walkway in the middle of the building - Too no...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled solo
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2013

Thank you so much for considering us the cleanest motel you have stayed in! I cannot express how proud it makes me to know that our efforts are paying off. I am glad that my team was able to provide you with a late check out without incident. I do apologize for placing you into a room that was next to our laundry facilities. Also if you ever are to experience a problem with guest noise outside of your room, please contact my front desk. We are here to make sure that no guest’s enjoyment comes at the expense of another’s comfort.

Reviewed October 2, 2013

Got to the Red Roof fairly late, about 9:30 p.m., checked in and left my computer inadvertently in the lobby area. Front desk personell came after me with computer case as I was going to my room to get it back to me. Also liked the L-shape of the table in my room - very nice for computer work, which I always do.

Appreciated the bagged breakfast, which I took to my car and drove away.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business

Thank you so much for your comments about our front desk staff! I am absolutely proud to have such a great team working for me here and consider our hotel very lucky. We know that interaction with our staff from the moment you walk in the door plays a crucial part in the overall satisfaction of the hotel experience. I am glad that the Superior King room had adequate room for you to do your computer working in as well! I hope that the next time you visit the area that we will be able to provide you with an equally enjoyable stay!

Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

The room was fairly clean. No Lock to stairway leading up to rooms. That was a concern. Room was fine. Right off the highway and connected to McDonald's. nice service at desk. Wouldn't recommend a long stay.

• Stayed: September 2013

Thank you for considering our hotel such a great rate for the rooms offered! I apologize for the lack of a door lock to the upper floor rooms. This has been an ongoing deliberation as to whether or not to get locks for the doors. Also I am sorry that our hotel was not sufficiently comfortable to accommodate any long term stay. We do try to honor any request that we receive to make our guests feel as welcome as possible. I hope that on your next stop over in Erie that we will be able to make you feel truly welcome on our property.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Have stayed here numerous times. This time relaxing.
Staff very friendly.
Nice to see the building of a covered patio for guests to use.
Room was very clean and comfortable.
Pet friendly with a Pet station at the end of the building. Nice area to walk our dog.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for choosing to stay with us every time you visit the area! We love having repeat guests stay with us as this allows our staff to build personal relationships. We have also finished building our smoking shelter which will offer protection from the elements as well as seating. We plan to have an opening ceremony within the next few weeks and we hope to see you there!

Reviewed September 25, 2013

Great deal, nothing fancy but clean and cheap. Right on the highway, very basic. Efficient with comfortable beds. Not a great area around the hotel, and kind of weird getting into the driveway. Not the best area.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us. We are glad to know that our rooms are such a great deal and very clean. However, I am sorry that our hotel was not more to your liking and that our area was "not great" and seemed difficult getting to. If there is ever anything that we can do to make your experience more comfortable or enjoyable please let us know! I hope we get the chance to serve you again should your travels bring you back to Erie.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Booked this hotel after reading good reviews and was pleasantly suprised. 70$ on expedia for the night. Was very clean, comfortable, had a great tv with fridge, microwave and a safe . The bed was very comfortable and the wood floors were an added touch... We stayed in room 202. Hotel is located near the main i90 highway, casino, attractions and malls. There is a mcdoanlds right beside and a 24 hr country fair gas station/store across the street. The area isnt the prettiest but i never felt unsafe. The front desk staff are efficient and pleasant. I appreciated this hotel on our impromptu shopping trip would be 5 stars overall if they had a better breakfast option but they do give a muffin bottle of water and an apple. Oh and the late checkout was great at 12 pm. Would definately stay again if in the area.

• Stayed: September 2013
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2013

Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Erie after researching previous reviews of others who have visited the area. We do our very best to provide our guests with clean rooms at an affordable price. We appreciate that you enjoyed our new flooring in the rooms as well. I am sorry that our property was not more attractive during your stay here. We are in the process of building a smoking shelter which we have to dedicate most of our time to. I thank you for considering us for future stays as we would all are looking forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed September 17, 2013

My husband and I stayed here on Sept.8th to spend an evening at the Presque Isle Casino and horse races on our way to New York State. Our stay was very comfortable and the room was very clean and modern. Liked the pergo flooring...this helps with cleanliness and allergies. We were welcomed by the lady at the front desk who was very helpful and we got $7. of free slot play for the casino. The location of this hotel is good when coming from the casino at night after dark....you just go back north a short distance, under the highway and turn right at the sign. It is right behind the McDonalds. The breakfast was simple but fine as we like to get on the road early....a muffin, apple and water.We had a choice of banana, blueberry or chocolate muffins. There is coffee available in the lobby and a coffee maker in the room. I had brought some orange juice in a cooler so this was ok with us. The only issue I had was the air conditioner didn't seem to have a deflector so it blew right toward the bed. The room was quiet, plenty of clean towels, nice desk area too! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: We were on the side away from the highway and didn't hear any traffic.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank katie77iris
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded September 19, 2013

Thank you for choosing to stay with us on your recent trip to visit the Casino! I am glad to hear that we were able to provide such a conveniently located room for when you decided to sleep for the night. I am glad that you enjoyed our RediSetGo breakfast and that my staff was so friendly to you upon checking in to our hotel. If you are ever in town to visit the Casino again I hope you will keep us in mind.