“Best place to stay in the area”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
London, Canada
“Best place to stay in the area”
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My girlfriend and I have been coming to Erie for a "Girl's Weekend" for the last two years.
We are from the Toronto area and have always stayed here and love it.

I researched the hotels in the area and this one came up as number one and I can see why.
LOCATION
1. The casino is 2 minutes down the road from the hotel.
2. Mill Creek Mall is one exit further than the hotel on the 90 highway
3. Waldameer Park and Water World along with the beaches and parks of Presque Island are a couple of exits the opposite way off Hwy #798
THE HOTEL
The rooms are newly renovated and are clean and inviting.
The beds are extremely comfortable with nice bedding.
There is free internet available, as well as the room we had had a safe, refrigerator and microwave, with a flat screen TV.
There was plenty of space for the two of us (and all our packages~~)
The staff are extremely helpful and courteous.
There is a breakfast in a bag of an apple, bottle of water and choice of 3 Sara Lee large muffins~~perfect.

The only negative might be the noise from the I-90 but it is tolerable.

Room Tip: Rooms on the rear of the hotel would be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Maureen S
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, August 31, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Erie as part of you annual Girl's Weekend! We absolutely love that we can be a part of our guest's yearly traditions and celebrations. We very much appreciate that our hotel and our general location was a value to you. Thank you as well for complimenting the friendliness of our staff here! I hope that your next visit here will continue to be as great as the one before it!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Woodbridge,Ontario,Canada
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Nice place for the stop over we made on the way back from Florida but we will consider coming back when we go to Erie for a weekend getaways.The place was very clean and they gave us a bag each with a bottle of water an apple and muffin.The staff was good on the way in and out and no complaints.Price was very reasonable .

Room Tip: Second floor was good but No elevator
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Thank you very much for choosing the Red Roof Inn Erie during your travels! I am so glad that your positive experience with us has helped to keep our hotel in mind when traveling in the future. My team and I are very focused on how we interact with our guests and we appreciate your comments on my staff's friendliness. We would love to have you stay with us again and we look forward to your next visit!
Columbus, Ohio
Reviewed August 23, 2013

I stayed here two nights. The first night, I was in a first floor room that was under the stairwell. People were coming and going till about 2am. Everytime someone used the stairs, it woke me up.

I asked the front desk about it the next morning and they moved me to a new room and I got a good night's sleep that night.

Both rooms were very clean. A little on the small side, but if all you need is a place to sleep, this place works.

I felt like the price was a little high for the overall location and size of the rooms.

Room Tip: If you are a light sleeper - don't get a room under the stairwell. There is a casino close by an...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank pangelicus
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, August 27, 2013
Thank you very much for your review of your past experience with us! While I wish we could have placed you into a problem free room from the start, I am very glad that my team was so helpful in changing you rooms. We pride ourselves on the level of service we offer our guests and I am grateful we could at least provide you with one good night's sleep in a clean room. I hope that the next time you visit Erie we will be able to offer you a perfect stay with us.
Chicago Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed August 21, 2013

I was a guest the day of August 21, 2013. I walked out of my room to hear a disturbance outside and to my surprise.... it wasn't guests disputing but rather a housekeeper whose name I believe was Tonie screaming at the top of her lungs at another housekeeper. I felt badly for the second girl. Tonie made quite a spectacle of herself. When I went to the front desk to complain to the supervisor, the girl Lexy told me that there were no supervisors available and was very rude asking me to exit the lobby and told me that she knew nothing of the dispute. While in the lobby I witnessed Lexy telling a phone customer that she :had no time for all these questions" and hung up on the guest. Wow Are people in ERie all that RUDE? or is it just the REDROOF INN..... the people at the casino were nice.... maybe they were from out of town too.

Room Tip: Go across the street to the LA quinta!!!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank doris l
Reviewed August 20, 2013 via mobile

We were in town to visit Presque Isle state park and stayed here overnight. The hotel was clean and well-kept. Staff was friendly. Rooms were updated which was a nice touch. Not as close to the Park as we would have liked. Too many busy roads and red lights to get there. Would be nice if you were headed to the casino, very close to it. Our biggest complaint was the noise from the highway. Our room was on the back side of the building that faced the highway and it was loud all night long.... I am a light sleeper so this was bothersome to me. Also wished the breakfast had been better. They promised a Grab n Go breakfast in a bag with a muffin, apple, and bottle of water and there were no apples in our bags. It wasn't a big enough deal to mention it to staff since we were already missing a hot breakfast. All in all it was a good stay, clean hotel, and a good rate.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank ARiddle5
Thank you for taking the time and writing a review of your recent stay with us! I am very glad that we were able to provide you with a clean room, worth the value. I would like to apologize for my Front Desk team not having apples available at the morning of check out. While it might not have seemed like a big deal, it is still something controllable and therefore something we should have prevented from occurring. I would also like to apologize if our proximity to the highway caused some discomfort throughout the night. We would love for the chance to place you into a room facing away from the highway and our RediSetGo breakfast fully stocked. Once again thank you for your time and we would love to have you stay with us again.
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The room was clean, and the beds were fairly comfortable. But we were shocked by the price. We live in the East and were traveling to the Midwest -- and we are used to high prices in the Northeast. But paying $180+ for a very small room with small bathroom (you can barely turn around in it) with two full beds facing the very loud interstate/highway seemed quite overpriced (also there are no amenities -- no pool, etc). I assume they can charge this price because Erie must be a major stopover for travelers/truckers (we tried to stay at some of the nearby, nicer hotels but they were all full so we had no choice). We stayed in a very nice hotel in Cleveland for half the price. With earplugs we were able to block out some of the noise of the highway but be aware that any rooms on that side of the property are going to be very noisy. The staff was nice and helpful but this not a good value.

Room Tip: If you need to stay here, try to avoid the rooms next to the highway. The hotel is right next to the...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank marvy44
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, August 25, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us! Even though we were unable to provide you with problem free stay, I do appreciate your honesty as we use all feedback to help better serve our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Erie we will be able to provide you a room truly worth the value of Red Roof Inn Erie.
St. Catharines, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2013

The hotel was close to the mall (the whole reason we went!), check in was simple.. no waiting, don't expect a big complimentary breakfast.. it was water and an apple in a bag, but we didn't mind.. it was right beside McDonald's for breakfast. Room was great. King sized bed, non-smoking, clean sheets, clean floors. Nothing to complain about!

Room Tip: We had a room that wasn't facing the highway, so we didn't hear all the cars drive by. But e...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your lovely review of your most recent experience with us! I am glad that our location was convenient for you in your travels around town. I am also happy to hear that our room was very clean and that the check in was smooth. We love hearing that we were able to provide a stress free check in because we know the last things our guests need is an added headache at the end of a long day. We look forward to seeing you again!