“My favorite place to stay along the route.”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Boston
“My favorite place to stay along the route.”
Reviewed June 3, 2013

I much prefer the rooms on the back side of the motel, many of which are handicap accessible and very convenient for dog travelers. The room we had was very clean, quiet except for Monday morning when the dumpster got dumped in the parking lot, and comfortable. Other peoples' showers do make noise in the morning, but I think that's pretty typical.

We stay at RRI because they are pet friendly, but the rest of the amenities are great too, and the staff was friendly and pleasant. One even wanted to pet my dog!

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are the quietest, but also have a lot more handicapped spaces where you shouldn...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 15, 2013
Thank you for choosing the Red Roof Inn Erie as your hotel when traveling along I-90! My team and I are all very glad that we were able to provide you with such a conveniently accessible room that’s clean and welcoming. We do our very best to honor all of our guest's requests and I am happy to hear that we were able to accommodate your room preference. We welcome all travelers to stay with us, pets as well! We have always been and will always be a pet friendly hotel. If you happen to travel along a similar route in the future we hope that you will keep us in mind!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (268)
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed June 2, 2013

The location is great, near all attractions within 15 minutes driving distance. The room is clean and it is a nice to have a breakfast bag to go. Pet friendly hotel. My only complaint is the bathroom is small and it is noisy if you have room closest to the highway. Better quality windows would block out the noise.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 7, 2013
Thank you for writing a review of your experience with us and for commenting on the cleanliness of our rooms! We work very hard to present to our guests the cleanest room around and we will continue to deliver the best we can. I am sorry that the bathroom in you room was smaller than you would have preferred. We do offer our second floor rooms which by design and building layout will have more spacious bathrooms in them. We here at the Red Roof Erie would love to have you as our guest the next time you visit the area.
Lantana, Florida
Reviewed June 2, 2013

We have stayed here three times now. The rooms are clean but TINY for the price. There is a LOT of competition in Erie. If I am going to pay this price, I will look elsewhere now. RRI did accommodate my request for a first floor room away from the road. For that I thank them. But, this time they have changed the 'perks'. Instead of a Hot breakfast at McDonalds (right next door) you get a brown bag with apple, water and muffin. Not good in my opinion. They changed the casino perks too. Now you get a measly one day, $7 credit Used to get $10 the first day and $7 every day thereafter. So, as long as you are only using this hotel for the convenience and not comfort and perks, it's okay. I will most likely look elsewhere next time where it's easier to get in and out and closer to restaurants like Bob Evans because a bottle of water and an apple do not cut it for me. The person who cleaned our room the two days we were there was great :)

Room Tip: Tiny rooms but clean. Rooms on the back side quieter.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Kathleen F
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, June 4, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your most recent stay with us. While I am very sorry that we weren't able to deliver a more enjoyable experience I do appreciate the honesty within your review. I would like to clarify however, that our $7 free Casino slot play has always been $7 per guest, per day. They do offer an additional $10 to any first time visitors to the casino. I am very happy that my team was at least very accommodating and friendly to your during your stay. Should you ever decide to give the Red Roof Inn Erie another try we would love to have you!
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We checked in late, about 11:30 after traveling all day. We used a coupon from a travel magazine we picked up at a rest stop. The front desk guys was kind and efficient. He got us rooms right away. The rooms were basic, bathroom was very tiny, but everything was exceptionally clean in the room. There were wood laminate floors, which was different, but not bad. The hallways were a bit dingy, but the rooms were very nice for the price. The only breakfast offered was a "Grab and Go" bag with a packaged muffin, bottle of water and an apple. We would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Thank you for considering us in your future travel plans and for taking the time to write a review! I am glad that your room was a great value for the price and that your room was very clean. Thank you for noticing the new flooring in our rooms as well. We made the switch from carpet to flooring as a preventative measure against unsightly stains and odors trapped within the fibers. I am happy to see that our coupon in the Hotel Coupons book is helping to get the word about our hotel! I hope the next time you are in town we will be able to once again provide you with a clean room at an affordable price.
Reviewed May 30, 2013 via mobile

We had a fabulous stay, clean room, great shower, get away snack. It is DOG friendly and we had a quiet room on the north side. It is right off the highway. McDonald's next door and restaurants close. Gambling, which we did not do, across the highway. 3rd stay here in three years and they have redone the rooms.

Stayed May 2013
Thank you for making the Red Roof Inn Erie your choice when you visit our town! I am glad that we were able to provide you with a clean, quiet room. We have remodeled our entire property since you have last visited us and I thank you for noticing. I hope that we can continue to serve you on your next stay in Erie!
Morgantown, West Virginia
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed two nights in this hotel. The rates were affordable compared to others in the area. According to the website, all the rooms were redone. Ours was and it was nice. We only got a standard king size because we were not going to be spending much time in the room, so we didnt upgrade to a deluxe. If you are looking for space make sure you upgrade. The bathroom was very very small and there is no fridge or microwave in the standard. There is however a hair dryer and iron w/ironing board. We found the bed to be very comfortable and the room was on the backside of the hotel away from the highway so it was quiet. We stayed to play at the casino and it was only about 1/2 mile from the hotel. We were supposed to get a $7.00 voucher for the casino but forgot to get it. They have a bagged breakfast for you to grab, it contains an apple, a muffin and a bottle of water.

Room Tip: rooms on backside are quieter. if you dont mind small space, dont upgrade, just rent standard room.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for showing your appreciation of our remodeled rooms! We absolutely love hearing that our rooms have held up so nicely since the remodel. I am glad that you enjoyed your stay and that our king bed was nice and comfortable to sleep on. I am sorry that my team did not mention the $7 Casino slot play we offer our guests at check in to you. I hope that the next time you are in town that we might reserve you a night in one of our Superior King rooms which I am sure you will enjoy even more.
Lorain
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We stayed here, using it as a base to visit attractions in the surrounding area. This Inn was recently updated and is in very good condition. The room was very inviting, but even more so the staff was welcoming and very friendly. Also, very efficient and right there to be of help. Will definitely stay here again.

1 Thank JoyceLorain
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
I am very grateful to know that we were able to provide you with a great room to use as your base of operations with visiting our lovely lake side town! Also I would like to thank you for complimenting our property and our staff here. All of my GSR's work very hard and take a great deal of pride in the appearance and presentation of our hotel. We will continue to do our best and we hope that you will keep us in mind on you next vacation.