“Excellent stay-Oct.3”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Orillia, Canada
“Excellent stay-Oct.3”
Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just got back from a quick shopping trip to Erie. 1st time staying at this Red Roof and it was excellent. New reno is great, beds excellent. Will return in Nov. Only thing is I will stay around the backside of this hotel. It is right at the exit and the traffic noise was a bit much for me. But all in all a good stay. LOVE the NON SMOKING. thanks from a non smoker.

Room Tip: if your a light sleeper get a room at the rear of the motel.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 10, 2012
I am honored that our Red Roof in Erie was able to set such a positive image for your first stay with the Red Roof Inn brand. Thank you for your approving comments regarding our renovation and beds. We love hearing from guests that we are headed in the right direction when it comes to our presentation and room design. It would not be a problem at all to reserve you a room on the back side of our hotel, in fact we would be very pleased to do so. I am happy that you found your room pleasant because of our smoke free policy. I would like to thank you for writing a review of your experience and we look forward to seeing you again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
Franklin
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Was looking for a nice, inexpensive room for a last minute getaway that wouldn't break the bank. I have stayed at this motel before, but not recently. I was very surprised with the completely updated non-smoking facility. Great stay and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: Poor rating on pool and fitness center because neither were available at this location. Rooms away f...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank gandjneely
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 9, 2012
I would like to say that I am very happy to know that you were pleasantly surprised when you stayed with us again. I very much appreciate the fact that you enjoyed our new layout of the rooms and our new smoke free policy. We try our best to be competitive with our pricing compared to our market and it is always good to hear that we are offering value for your dollar. I thank you for taking the time to write a review and we look forward to seeing you again!
Niagara
Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just got back from staying here for 2 evenings for a little 'get-away'. As most of the comments state, the rooms are nice enough...refurbished....however, the rooms say non smoking. When we walked into the room, the smell of smoke was really bad. For a non-smoker this is not good. Called Dave at the front desk, who was very, very polite and courteous assigned us another room in the back. When we walked in there, it had the same smokey, musty smell. Tried to figure out why this room smelled of smoke as well and we think that it has do to with the air conditioner/heating system not being cleaned when they remodelled. We turned off the system and the smell wasn't so noticeable but was still there.

We did pay over $100 a night for this room and I should of spent the extra to stay at a different location. The only reason we stayed here is because it is voted #1 on Trip Advisor - don't really understand why....as there are alot of better choices to stay at with full breakfast rather than McDonalds. We almost cancelled the second night but since we basically only slept in the room we didn't bother. The beds weren't very comfortable, we sunk into them and woke up with a sore back in the morning.

We will definately be going back to Erie, Pa but staying in different accomodations. I will mention again that the front desk is very courteous and professional. The rooms are modern looking, but the bathroom is the smallest one I have ever been in!! Sorry, but its a honest review.

Room Tip: Definately stay in the back...rooms are more quiet.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for your honest review of your stay with us. We appreciate hearing about your stays, even if there were area's that weren't perfect as these gives us examples as what to fix for future guests. I would like to thank you for mentioning Dave's hospitality and customer service. I am however, sorry that both of the rooms you checked into had a musty smell. I can assure you that we have had our air conditioners professionally cleaned since our renovation. I will speak with my staff to see if we can pinpoint which rooms are the culprit and have them detailed. I hope that you will reconsider your choice to stay at another hotel when you next visit Erie as we would love to have the opportunity to re-earn your trust.
Iowa City, Iowa
Reviewed September 29, 2012

Room is nice enough but a few problems. Room keys don't work well, ABC and NBC not viewable, free breakfast is a coupon to McDonalds and God help you if you are on the Interstate side. Way too close, noisy and for the first time ever there is a quiet AC when you need a noisy one for white noise. I wouldn't recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for one on the backside of the hotel.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, October 2, 2012
I am terribly sorry that your room was so lacking in quality as compared to the service that we regularly strive to deliver to our guests. I would like to apologize for your room keys not holding a charge for the duration of your stay as I know how frustrating it is to frequent the front desk when you should be relaxing in your room. I have made it well known to my team that duplicate keys are to be given out and to double check that they are programmed for the length of the guest's stay. I am also sorry for the noise disturbance you encountered from the highway. The back side of our hotel does offer quite a bit of noise reduction due to its location. I hope that if you ever visit Erie again you will give us one more chance to present you with a more comfortable experience.
frankfort ky
Reviewed September 27, 2012

what a nice place if you just want a place to sleep, catch up on the internet, or watch a litle t.v. check in was easy. the room was clean and inviting. the value was great. i would definetly stay there again!

Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 29, 2012
I am very happy to hear that your experience with us was so pleasant and relaxing! It is very comforting to know that my front desk staff is performing well and making the check in process convenient for our guests. We love having the chance to meet new guests and show them why we are all so proud of our hotel in Erie! Thank you as well for complimenting how clean your room was. We are constantly checking and rechecking our rooms to make sure that only the best we have to offer is available for our guests. My staff and I are all very appreciative that you would gladly stay with us again, and we hope the chance comes along sooner rather than later!
barrie
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rated number one but nothing special staff polite, we stayed in the superior king room which was just average. Smallest washroom i have ever had and no conditioner for your hair unless you ask the front desk. The cleaning staff are not even aloud to have conditioning on their carts.

I would recommend this to anyone close to the casino and one exit before Peach St shopping

Room Tip: choose a room on the back side away from the highway
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 26, 2012
I am sorry that your stay with us was just average and did not exceed your expectations at all. I would like to apologize for your having to go to the front desk for the conditioner. My team would be more than happy to provide you with anything you request when you first check in. I am at least grateful that my staff was polite to you during your stay with us. We focus greatly on our hospitality and I am glad we could deliver at least one aspect of great service. I hope you will allow us another opportunity to earn your faith in our hotel whenever you might return to the Erie area.
Ridgway, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 22, 2012

We have stayed at this location 3 times and found it to located close to the attractions in Erie and the casino. The rooms have been remolded and are kept very clean. The people on the desk are very helpful and pleasant to deal with.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for continuing to stay with us time and again! I am very glad to know that our proximity to the casino as well as our overall cleanliness has earned us your preference of hotel when you visit Erie. I would also like to thank you for commenting on the friendliness of my front desk staff. My entire crew are all very aware of our presence on tripadvisor and are always doing their very best to make sure our guests feel welcome when staying with us. I thank you again for taking the time to review about your stay with us and hope your schedule allows for you to have a return visit again soon!