“Nice New Rooms”

Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Tyrone, Pennsylvania
“Nice New Rooms”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2012

This hotel offers a good stay for the business traveler. The rooms have a nice desk with a large work area. The room also has a nice new TV and the bed was comfortable as well. Not too far from Lake Erie.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 21, 2012
I am very glad to know that from a business man's perspective that our rooms provide all that you would need when in town on work. We do what we can to cater to our guests needs whether it be for family, pleasure or business related. Also I would like to thank you for mentioning the view from our front side of the hotel where the rolling landscape is viewable. We are very happy you were comfortable when staying with us and hope that your business needs allow you to return to our hotel again!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
Scotia, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

Erie is the mid-point of my rather frequent travels between Albany, New York and
Cincinnati, so I have spent many nights there; now the only place I stay in Erie is the Red Roof. You can read the other reviews (and my own from the past) and they explain exactly what you're getting -- a clean, remodeled, moderately priced room and very good service from the staff.
The only drawback is the size of the toilet/tub area, which is cramped. I'm glad I'm on the thin side. Other than that, I have no complaints.
Dave at the front desk was most accommodating, even to the point of changing my room from the second to the first floor. (I was having knee trouble.) That brings up a point to others with knee problems -- there is no elevator so be aware. Overall, I'm very happy with this motel and will continue to use it.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
2 Thank bltzflk
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 19, 2012
It is not often that we have repeat guests who are willing to take the time to review their most recent stays with us! I am glad that you have decided to stay with us again and that your experience has been increasingly more pleasant! Thank you so much for complimenting the cleanliness of our rooms and for mentioning our staff's job well done. I am glad that my team is doing what they can to accommodate you with a first floor room. I hope that you will continue to stay with us when you visit town and that your experiences keep getting better!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2012

I travel quite a bit for business and am "picky" about where I stay. Remodel of this hotel done well. So clean! Comfortable beds. Love the breakfast coupons for McDonalds next door. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Jo6850
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 18, 2012
I am glad that you would consider yourself "picky" when it comes to choosing your hotels. We gladly welcome any thoughts our guests might have that would help us improve upon our hotel experience. It makes me very proud to hear that you loved your stay with us and that you consider us a nice find. Also thank you for considering us as a viable option during your next stop through town. We look forward to seeing you again and hope that your travels bring you back to the Red Roof often.
Cambridge, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 12, 2012

it was, a combination of price, service, and clean, so the sign was right!

Location was a little poor, however as a stop off point en route, I don't think you will find much better.

Why is it number 1.....attention to detail.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank rjcrowther
Thank you so very much for your earnest review of your experience with us! It is always thrilling when we hear new guests say that our hotel has lived up to our online reputation. I am sorry that our location was a little disappointing. However I am very glad that you would also consider us as the number one hotel in the area. We do try to listen to all of our guest’s comments and adapt our hotel experience to suit what our guests are asking for. We will do our best to keep providing you with a clean, friendly experience and hope that you will again choose us on you next visit to Erie.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 10, 2012

There are lots of places to stay in Erie. I have found most of the places so very overpriced. It is Erie, a nice town, but not a show stopper. Anyway, this is the second time I have stayed here. Their rates are reasonable. The rooms have been totally redone. The room was spotless and so fresh looking. There was a comfortable chair for lounging and a great chair at the desk. The staff was so friendly and I appreciated the help I received from Dane.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank ehartlin
We do have a great deal of hotels to choose from here in Erie. That is why we are so grateful that you would choose to stay with us! I can assure you that we do not take our number one status on Tripadvisor for granted. My team and I absolutely love seeing a new review pop up for our hotel. I am very glad that our rates were to your liking. I am especially happy to hear that my front desk was so friendly towards you as we focus greatly on our guest interaction. Thank you for deciding to stay with us a second time and we look forward to having another opportunity to serving you again!
Frederick, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

We arrived late, but were able to get a room with no advanced reservation. The Front Desk clerk was great, personable and helpful.
We were on the side facing the highway, which had me worried after reading other reviews, but my worries were unfounded.
A good night sleep, and free Wi-Fi

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Matthew T
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this review, September 15, 2012
I am glad to hear that we were able to book you a room with us even though you arrived late. We have staff on duty twenty-four hours a day and we do take walk in's at any time of the day with no reservations needed. I am also very happy to know that even though you were unable to get a room on the opposite side as you preferred, that you were nonetheless able to get a good night's sleep. If there is ever anything we can do to make your stay more pleasant for you, we would love to know how we can improve.
Southampton, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stopped en route from Chicago to Niagara based on sticking a pin in the map for somewhere between the two and seeing good TA reviews. Was not disappointed - friendly staff, clean & very good sized room for two people (two large double beds), microwave, free wi-fi and conveniently situated just off the main interstate. Booked two rooms for four of us and they were next door to each other which was good. Short drive to Erie lakeside area where there are some nice places to eat overlooking the lake. The boys appreciated the McDonalds breakfast vouchers, I decided against it and although the room has a microwave it doesn't have a kettle. Not a problem though as reception has a hot water urn which I could use to make my ready porridge (oatmeal). The problem arose when I realised there are also no spoons for stirring coffee/tea - just very small stirrers. So my top tip is bring your own spoon if you plan on doing something similar!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
It means so much to my staff and I to hear that we were able to live up to our reputation here on Tripadvisor! We read every review that comes through and use them as a guide for areas that we could improve on. I am glad that we were able to place you into side-by-side rooms and that they were clean and that my staff was friendly. As for our silverware, we do keep plastic forks should any guest inquire about needing one. However I will certainly make it a point to have spoons on hand as well now that I know they are in demand! Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your stay with us.