“Thank You For A Nice Stay.”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #6 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed June 29, 2012

My wife and I like to come to Presque Isle from Cleveland for a mini get away. The Red Roof Inn is off the same exit as the casino. Our room was reasonably priced and clean. I wouldn't call the pillows hard, but they are a little firm. I didn't have any problems with the bed. Most motel wall unit air conditioners are noisy, but ours was very quiet. That was a pleasant surprise. When you consider the casino vouchers and free breakfast at McDonalds, the price for the room is even a better value. Front desk clerk was very friendly and helpful and made us feel welcome.

Room Tip: First floor rooms have outside doors right to parking area. You can get real close to your room if u...
Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

I am so happy that our hotel was a value to you and that my front desk staff did such a great job welcoming you. It makes me a very proud manager when I hear comments like your about my staff. As for the pillows being a bit firm, I would like to mention that we do keep extra pillows in our laundry rooms which are less dense than the newer ones we use. We would be more than happy to provide you with those on your next stay with us. I am glad that your bed was comfy and your room kept cool with the air conditioner. We hope to see you soon!

Reviewed June 28, 2012

I stayed here with my husband and small child. We were pleased with the room as it was very clean, well decorated and quiet. The staff seemed very nice and check in was quick. The lobby is small, but the do have a coffee area set up. Breakfast is provided at McDonalds. I don't eat there often, but it was much better than the donuts, bagels and toast that I have seen at other chains.

In all a great stay. This hotel is '5 star' in its class. I would not hesitate to stay again.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you so much for rating us five stars in our class! We try very hard when it comes to our rooms and how we treat our guest, and I am glad that it is paying off. It makes me proud when I hear that my team was friendly, especially when they do it in an expedient manner to save our guest some time. I am glad that you were able to take advantage of our free breakfast as well. We agree and also think it is a better option than the standard breakfast that some of the other hotels offer.

Reviewed June 27, 2012

My husband and I just stayed here one night while in town for a concert. The staff at the front desk was helpful and pleasant. The room was very clean, and the furnishings looked new. The air conditioner worked well. The entire motel is smoke-free, which I like. The lobby is small, with no room for a breakfast area, so we got vouchers for McDonalds, which is walking distance to the motel. We arrived at McDonalds minutes before a big busload of people. It's not my favorite place for breakfast, but it was free! There is also a Subway right next door.

Management response:Responded July 4, 2012

Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel, we love hearing that our guests enjoyed their stay with us! We are very proud of the work that our housekeeping staff do here as we are always striving to give you the cleanest room we can. I am also very glad to hear that the air conditioning unit worked fine in your room. We have recently had a shipment of new units received to replace any older models that were giving us problems. We hold ourselves to high standard when it comes to the maintenance of our rooms and how we treat out guests. I am happy to hear that my team treated you so well and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 26, 2012

The room was exceptionally clean. All furnishings were brand new. The hotel was quiet. The staff was very friendly and accommodating. The price was the cheapest in the area. Breakfast was a voucher for MacDonald's. Line was long at McDs, but that was to be expected.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the hotel away from the highway.
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

I am very glad that my housekeeping staff went above and beyond in the cleaning of your room. We pride ourselves on the level of cleanliness that we provide to our guests and love when our guests notice our commitment. Also I appreciate that my Front Desk staff was friendly and accommodating because we aim to make our guests feel right at home when they stay with us. While we cannot control the lines at McDonald's, I do hope that you enjoyed the breakfast vouchers for them.

Reviewed June 25, 2012

I stayed here while on a roadtrip, and was just passing through. Easy access right off I-90.

The staff was very friendly, the room was very clean, good sized, and had a lot of amenities-mini fridge, microwave, hair dryer-nice I thought for a motel. They dont have a breakfast in the morning, so they gave us vouchers for a free breakfast from the McDonalds next door and which you could use for healthier options like the oatmeal or yogurt.

If you stay here in the warmer months and have some extra time, be sure to check out presque isle state park. The beach was beautiful.

I would definitely stay here again if passing through.

• Stayed: June 2012
1  Thank Bex1127
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

I am glad that you found our hotel to be so easily located as well as very clean. It's also good to hear that my front desk staff was able to make you feel welcome in our hotel. I would like to mention that we offer both motel and hotel style rooms. We have ground floor outside access as well as second floor interior access depending on our guest's needs. While we ourselves do have a breakfast I do feel that our free McDonald's voucher for breakfast is an improvement over most hotels breakfast especially since as you mentioned we were able to get them to substitute any meal for the healthier options. I am very happy you enjoyed your stay and we hope your next visit is just as pleasant.

Reviewed June 24, 2012

My wife and I stayed at the Red Roof in Erie PA 2 weeks ago and were quite please with our stay. Lexi our front desk liason was friendly and helpful. Jeannie our housekeeper did an excellent job of preparing our room and keeping it fresh the 3 days we were there. The pricing was fair, the free breakfast at McDonalds was appreciated, and my wife loved the vouchers for the slot machines at Presque Isle. We were impressed to find we had an in room safe to protect our valuables and the Wi-Fi service worked quite well. We highly recommend this Red Roof and will be staying there again on future visits to Presque Isle.

The Murrays
Cleveland, Ohio

1  Thank Bob M
Management response:Responded June 30, 2012

I am so very grateful that we were able to exceed your expectations enough to earn your recommendation. We love the challenge of winning over our new guests as it helps to extend our brand. I am also glad that you were able to take advantage of our in room safe. It is an often overlooked way to guarantee protection for you valuable's while you are out of the room. I will make sure to pass on your kind words to Lexi and Jean as I'm sure they would love to hear it. I appreciate you taking the time to respond and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed June 23, 2012

Stayed for the weekend while visiting Presque Isle. Hotel is recently renovated and roms are clean. Front desk staff is kind and helpful. The beds are as hard as bricks and so are the pillows. The ac is difficult to regulate. The bathrooms are minuscule so only one person can get ready at a time. However the hot water is ample and the shower head quite nice. Our room was on the second floor in the second building away from the highway. At 6 am the garbage truck came to empty the dumpster and woke us up. Then the hot water pipes started banging as people began to wake up and shower. So much for sleeping late on a Saturday. We hadn't slept well because of the hard beds, pillows, and ac difficulties anyway. We did talk to the front desk, thinking they should be aware so they could correct this. They were extremely nice and gave us the night for free and then tried to get us a room in another hotel. That didn't work out but we were impressed with their dedication to customer service. Upon returning from the beach, we found our room unlocked and our keys not working. The person at the desk said they were training new staff. Interesting because the night before the room next to us was having problems with their lock and did wake us up when the staff was trying to fix it. Watch your door locks! The breakfast at McDonalds is nice but busy and the choices include breakfast sandwiches only. No pool and no laundry. Is smoke free Doubt if I would stay here again.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

I am very sorry to hear that you had encountered so many problems while staying at our inn. I hate hearing that we could have done better but I definitely will take steps to correct any issues that came up. I have already contacted the waste management to adjust their scheduled pick up time on any given day to a more acceptable hour. I am also sorry that you had problems with your lock. As for the air conditioner, my team would be more than happy to help assist in any questions you might have. I am deeply sorry that this one experience caused you to question visiting us again. I truly hope that you will give us another chance to show you the quality of the Red Roof Inn Erie.