“Red Roof Inn - Erie PA”
Review of Red Roof Inn Erie

Red Roof Inn Erie
Ranked #7 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed June 6, 2012

The staff were very courteous and helpful. The room was exactly as described. The room was very clean and well kept. There was some highway noise, but that did not matter as I was dog tired and went straight to sleep.

Room Tip: You get free breakfast at the McDonalds next door when you stay at this Red Roof Inn.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Joe E
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2012

We aim to deliver honest transparent service to our guests when it comes to our rooms. I am very glad that our rooms lived up to your expectations and that we did not disappoint. Also thank you for complimenting of the friendliness of my Front Desk team. We take pride in our inn and also building relationships with our guests. As for the highway noise we could definitely remedy the situation the next time by placing you in a room opposite the highway.

There are newer reviews for Red Roof Inn Erie

Reviewed June 5, 2012

I cannot say enough to express how great this motel is. The office staff were kind, friendly and went out of their way to be of help. The location is perfect; plenty of restaurants, bar, casino nearby. The room was the best out of all the Red Roof Inns I've stayed at (I stay at RRI more than any other hotel chain. All the RRi use 'wandering wifi' which is the worst wifi of any hotel chain. This is the only thing RRI needs to work on. It works, but horribly. If you are going to stay in Erie pa, which is where I'm at right now, stay here at RRI before ANY OTHER hotel!!!!!

Room Tip: Ground floor, to me, are the best. These rooms have outside entrances.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled solo

Thank you so much for your gracious review of our hotel. We strive to set our inn apart from other inn's when it comes to the quality that we provide. It makes me beam with pride when we hear that a guest has rated us the best that they've stayed in. My housekeeping staff work very hard when it comes to the cleanliness of our rooms and positive reviews such as yours are a great inspiration in keeping m team doing their very best.

Reviewed June 1, 2012

We were sceptical about the hotel at first but booked it after seeing the reviews and obviously the TA'ers were right! The hotel was newly renovated, clean and although slightly on the small side, had everything we needed. The McDonald's breakfast made it all the more worth it.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank chewchew321
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2012

While I am sad to hear that you were at first hesitant to stay with us I am glad that you chose us in the end and that we did not disappoint. I appreciate your honesty in your review of our hotel. Tripadvisor is a great way our potential guests can get an honest critique of our hotel. I think that our reviews speak for themselves in the level of commitment that we have to our guests. I hope that the next time you visit Erie we will be your first choice in hotel and we look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed May 29, 2012

you will not find a better deal, the room was spotless, staff was wonderful, and to top it off free mcdonalds breakfast meal!.. we just stayed two weekends ago, and chose the resort due to the reviews.. I was definitely not disappointed!.. BOOK HERE.. you won't regret it!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Laura C

Thank you for being so generous in your review of our hotel! It makes me beam with pride when I see our guests showing such enthusiasm and general support for us. We've targeted our focus on cleanliness and friendliness here, and my team and I thank you for recognizing our efforts. We are glad that we were able to live up to the name that we've earned here on tripadvisor. I thank you for telling the world of your experience and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2012

Stopped here for one night in April.
Clean updated room, comfortable bed, vouchers for a free McDonald's breakfast, and a very convenient location, just off the highway. All for less than $50!

Room Tip: Choose a room in the back, not facing the highway
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank RScharfer9
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded May 29, 2012

I am very glad that you decided to give us a try for a night this month. We love showing new guests just how great our hotel can be. Thank you for complimenting the cleanliness of our rooms! My housekeeping staff love hearing feedback on their work and use the comments as fuel to strive for an even better hotel. I hope the next time you are in town you will allow us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 22, 2012

Convenient location, nicely decorated with new laminate flooring, flat screen TV, complimentary wi-fi, comfy bed, clean and comfortable. Stayed on the Saturday night of the Victoria Day long weekend, great rate including breakfast at McDonalds next door plus $7 casino money, like I said, great value! We will definately stay here again when travelling to Erie.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends
jgdanetz, General Manager at Red Roof Inn Erie, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2012

I would like to thank you for showing such appreciation for all that our hotel has to offer. It is rare to have someone use all of the little amenities that we provide. I am happy that you found us to be such a great value on the busy Victoria Day weekend. We work hard to provide our guests a clean and safe night's stay. I am glad you were pleased with you stay and we look forward to having you visit again!

Reviewed May 17, 2012 via mobile

Friendly staff
Clean rooms with a pleasant wood scent when entering the room. Flat screen tv, room safe, pets are free......wow

before finding this location we stop@a sleep Inn they wanted $25/dog ouch...

Breakfast is at Mc D's in Am