“Delightful people and great rates”

Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #12 of 38 Hotels in Erie
San Antonio, Texas
“Delightful people and great rates”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

This was a pleasant stay. I retreated from Pittsburg due to the U2 concert being held there and found this little gem for a two night stay. While the room was small, it was very clean, well apportioned and I truly enjoyed the window seat - for reading and just relaxing. More hotels should build these in! Makes the room that much larger! Desk personnel were very helpful, pleasant and accommodating.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled solo
1 Thank stuttsy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Washington DC
Reviewed July 12, 2011

We stayed here because we got a good deal pN Priceline. It is a nice place. The rooms are small but clean. The free breakfast includes eggs and make your own waffles. Close to many decent places to eat and a fireworks and martial arts outlet which was hilarious. I'd stay there again anytime.

• Stayed July 2011
1 Thank AniJamyangLhamo
Phoenix Arizona
Reviewed July 5, 2011

What do you expect? It looks like a rest home and smells a little like a hospital. The rooms are tiny. The walls are thin. The light in the bathroom is fluorescent. But it is clean and easy, centrally located and relatively inexpensive. The staff is very helpful and cheerful. I was amazed at how comfortable the bed is, which for me is key. I slept like a baby all three nights. We didn't eat the free breakfast but it looked like they had waffles, eggs, bagels, fruit, cereal, etc. Don't expect luxury. Just take it for what it is.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank TravelVal
Akron, Ohio
Reviewed June 25, 2011

The Microtel Inn is a newer Hotel so it was very modern and extremely clean. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly. But we felt that it was a bit overpriced,especially with the rooms being so small. It provides the basic necessities for a hotel stay but nothing luxurious - for those looking for that type of accommodation I believe they should look elsewhere. No: mini fridge, in-room microwave or safe. The t.v. was small and atop a cupboard type closet and provided fuzzy channels. Their were a lot of breakfast options and was served until 10 a.m. The Inn was about a 15 minute drive from the beaches of Erie P.A. that we visited. It was nice for a one night's stay but it wouldn't be our first choice shall we choose to stay in that area again.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
Kitchener, Canada
Reviewed June 24, 2011

I should have read the reviews before booking this hotel, I would have paid the extra money to stay at a better hotel! I found head lice crawling on my bed and when I told them at the front desk they were quick to get rid of the bug. They moved me and my husband to a new room after I told them there was no way I was staying in that room even if they cleaned it properly. The rooms are very dirty, I don't think they even clean the sheets between guests. All they would offer me for compensation was a free night stay, like I would stay there again. The customer service sucks and even the main manager of that location has no idea what customer service is. They were quick to tell me that the exterminator said it was a dust mite but I don't think they even called one cause there would have known and dealing with head lice with my kids years ago I know exactly what it was!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
West Bend, WI
Reviewed June 13, 2011

If you just want a clean, nice place to stay when driving through, pick this one! All other hotels were much more expensive. This one had everything we needed. The breakfast was the best we've had in any chain we've stayed!

Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Fort Erie, Canada
Reviewed May 2, 2011

We stayed here April 29th to May 1st. The purpose for the trip was to shop. Four of us went, and we had two rooms. The rooms had two single beds in it. Our first reaction when we opened the door was wow small room almost like a dorm, or a semi private hospital room. I had to remind my self that we are only sleeping here. The room it self was very clean and the beds were very comfortable with nice pillows and blankets. The shower was also great for water pressure and hot water. The front desk was very helpful to us and answered all our questions. The hotel serves a nice breakfast hot and cold. So for the value it was a good stay for four friends to go shopping. The location is close to everything as well,

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with friends