“Reasonable rate”

Ranked #22 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Thornhill, Canada
“Reasonable rate”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Rate is reasonable, cheaper than the Days Inn next door. Breakfast is as expected with bagels, toast, cereals. But there are hot waffles. My room on the first floor is quite clean and no odor at all.

I have stayed here more than 3 times and will stay again provided the service remains the same.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
CT
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2012

Although this motel has seen better days, the staff was very friendly and helpful when my sister and I needed a handicapped room to accommodate my 90 year old father and and us. We were given a handicapped room on the first floor with easy access to the breakfast room. The bathroom was easy for my Dad to navigate with a walker although railings were less than sturdy. The room was less than spectacular, but there was a bed for my Dad and my sister and I shared a not so comfortable pull out couch. Free breakfast was included with the room. We didn't realize it when we stopped in but our hotel is abutting property owned by the local casino. They gave us passes for $7 per person to try our luck at the casino. Fortunately we were only passing through on our way to El Paso, Illinois. But since we couldn't find a room. . .

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Gifford, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 29, 2012

My husband and I stayed here for our anniversary last year. To start with, an entire wall of windows was PLASTERED with bird poo. We got to our floor and could smell nothing but stale cigarettes. Our room smelled the same. The carpet was faded from the sun. It was a smoking room with NO ventilation... the windows don't even open. The breakfast was a joke. I wouldn't return if they offered us a free room!

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2012 via mobile

This hotel is a basic hotel. But not worth the price they are charging! Such a rip off for a dirty, run down motel. The front desk lady wasnt the most pleasant, just gave the keys and that was it. We didnt know there was breakfast until we read the sign which said breakfast til 11am. When we came down at 10:15 ish breakfast had already been cleared and everything was taken away- not that i was going to eat here anyways! The hotel smells, its dirty and was barely any hot water in the bathroom. I wouldnt recommend this hotel to anyone looking to enjoy themselves on a road trip. It is deffinately worth it to add a bit more money and go stay at a better hotel!

• Stayed August 2012
Niagara, Ontario, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 9, 2012

My girlfriend and I recently stayed here, and had asked for an accessible room. The room had loose railings in the bathroom, and were a major safety concern for someone with a mobility issue, as well as very low water-pressure in the shower. I mentioned these things to the Manager, who said they would be dealt with, but ultimately they weren't. Upon checkout, the front desk lady asked how our stay was, and when we brought up these things, we got little more than a shrug of the shoulders..... I guess in many ways, you get what you pay for, and will pay the extra money and stay somewhere else when we visit the area again.......

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hutchinson, Kansas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2012

You can see it from the highway, but the challenge is actually getting to the front door! You have to drive through the gas station parking lot, and then through another motel's parking lot, and then you arrive at the Super 8! And once you arrive, you might question why you came this far. Definitely not the best link of the Super 8 chain. Worn and dirty sums it up.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled solo
Willard, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 14, 2012

A total nightmare!!!! Dirty Dirty Dirty!!! Nothing for kids to do and you have to be in your room and out of hallways after 10PM seriously!!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled with friends