“"Super" staff”

Ranked #24 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Florence, Kentucky
“"Super" staff”
Reviewed December 8, 2011

Strange location, as you have to drive past another hotel and gas station to get here. There was no signage for getting behind, so I just drove around the other hotel and voila....there it was.

The front desk lady was one of the most pleasant ladies I have dealt with. There is not much to do at this exit, besides the casino but we were just stopping for the nite driving home to KY.

The room itself was quite large but a few weird things. There was an air freshener sitting in the corner beside the leaking AC unit. There was definite water damage to the floor and wall, so looks like they were just covering this up.

Bathroom was large and clean, but missing a lot of caulk around the sink, mirror and counter. Its like someone forgot to finish the work. Bathroom towels were large and nice (we forgot to bring our own this one time).

The double beds were ok. Pillows very flat and small, but they did the job for one nite.

Breakfast bar was excellent. We all enjoyed the waffles and juice, one of us had the yogurt and fruit. Coffee was good too.

Would definitely consider this place if passing thru again.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Bloomington, Indiana
Reviewed October 7, 2011

no major complaints, driving from indiana, trying to get as far as possible, we stopped here. Funny entrance. we had to drive through another hotel's parking lot to get to it. We arrived late, after 2am. the desk clerk was great, gave us 20.00 off for arriving so late. The room was nice, as you can imagine, we pretty much collapsed into our beds. But it was a quiet night. Only odd thing i noticed in this nice hotel room was the grouting at the base of the large mirrors in the bathroom. there were coins stuck into it, prodruding out about half-way. I wondered why they were allowed to stay there...it struck me that the <could> be there to help hold the mirror in place. Still, isn't it odd? I think there were three coins...At any rate, we paid a bit more than I wanted, though the discount helped, but it is what happens when you don't plan, you take what you find. We got close enough to Niagra to reach it in the morning, which was the goal.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Buffalo, NY
Reviewed August 29, 2011

Although the room was large, it was old, worn and outdated complete with a Glade air freshener that made it smell even worse. The carpet was two distinct different colors, possibly from where furniture was at one time. I would hope that not all of the rooms are like this. The bathroom was o.k. We had a hard time finding a place last minute so we settled, although at $150+ per night for two adults, it was not a good value.
On a positive note, the staff was friendly and the free breakfast was good.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the woods and not the adjoining hotel.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Orangeville, Ontario
Reviewed August 26, 2011

We stayed at this hotel as a last resort only because we hadn't booked ahead and this hotel was the only hotel in Erie with rooms available. That should tell you something. The staff was helpful and they try but I personally just couldn't get over the awful smell in the room. It just didn't feel clean. The hotel is old, the carpeting is worn, there was a hole in the comforter and my husband found hairs in the sheets. I was not comfortable here at all. On the up side, the front desk staff got us rooms at a discounted rate on a very busy weekend after midnight on a Wednesday night. We had to take 2 rooms because they only have double beds in the two-room suites and my son is too tall to fit and share with his brother. So they did offer us a discounted rate. I would like to be able to recommend this hotel but I just didn't like it. If you don't mind a weird smell and questionable cleanliness and very old furniture and bedding, I guess you might be OK here. Lesson learned, next time, book early at another hotel!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank m0m2b0yz
Pittsburgh
Reviewed August 15, 2011

We have been staying at this motel in Erie for at least 8 years now. The location is perfect for anyone who is interested in the casino. We go to Erie to enjoy the outdoor activities at Presque Isle State Park. The staff at Super 8 has always honored our room requests. The room was clean, well stocked with towels, and even had a nice size refrigerator in it. There is also a large outdoor pool that is shared with the Quality Inn. This is one of the main reasons we go to the Super 8, as we enjoy sitting outside in the late afternoon at the pool. Also, I have priced surrounding hotels and motels in Erie, and none can beat the price at the Super 8.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank SZQ
Newark
Reviewed August 11, 2011

I had to go to Erie for a business trip and was interested in seeing this city. I have stayed in Super 8's before and find them to be clean, comfortable, and a good value for the price. That was not true with this Super 8! It was old and worn out, the room smelled like mold and the pillows were basically non-existent! We slept in our clothes on top of the spread and left as soon as possible the next day. Don't waste your money on this Super 8! If you have to go to Erie, spend a little more money and stay in a better hotel.

Room Tip: Don't stay here!
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled on business
Olmsted Falls, Ohio
Reviewed July 28, 2011

My wife and I spent two nights at this property over the 4th of July weekend. The staff was friendly as usual, and the room was clean and resonably priced compared to other hotels in the area. In addition to the free slot play at the casino there were 2 for 1 vouchers for baseball tickets. A nice restaurant and bar are located in the hotel next door. We have yet to find a better value in Erie

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple