See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed July 21, 2018 via mobile

First, they continue to show a pool when it’s closed. Not a very good part of town awful stench toilet didnt work dirty broken windows. Did not stay but booking.com won’t refund because “We can’t get in touch with the hotel.” BECAUSE THEY DON’T ANSWER THE PHONE

Stayed: July 2018, traveled on business
2  Thank Maria K
Reviewed July 1, 2018

This hotel is a DUMP!!! The lobby smelled so bad, but this was nothing in comparison to how bad the room smelled. There is water damage everywhere. We had no COLD water which is pretty funny since people usually complain about not having hot water. There were stains everywhere - the ceiling, the walls, the lampshades, the carpet... The pool was not open. Thankfully, the air conditioner worked which is the only positive thing I can say aout this place.

Room Tip: There is no good room - run far away from here!!!
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
3  Thank harleygirl1066
Reviewed April 10, 2018

This place is HOTEL HELL. If you are a cheap prostitute, a heroin user or a crack addict this place is home. The pool was not open and from what I heard had not been open for several years. The pictures they provide for advertising are total fiction. Photo Shop did a great job. The Continental breakfast is stale packaged Hostess snacks and I was told I was lucky they were put out. If you try to complain, management is never available. The Health Department in Erie, PA was completely unresponsive to my concerns. And my wife and I still bear the scars from BED BUG bites experienced the day after Labor Day 2017 when we made the mistake of staying there. While Milcreek Mall is nice, my advice to anyone is to avoid Erie, Pennsylvania at all costs. While the people who live there are nice the streets are potholed and the whole town looks like a total ghetto. This hotel is worse than a bad homeless shelter. If you stay here after reading all these reviews, then consider yourself to be very stupid. By the way, I'm still waiting for a refund from my night of Hell which will never come.

Room Tip: Stay Away From This Place At All Costs !!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
6  Thank chrislC659PS
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

So the family and I went to visit the beach in Erie, PA.
Every hotel was booked except for the downtown Erie Hotel. It listed for $48 online but once visited at 12 am ( and 10 hotels called prior), it was $113 total.

Had both our disabled sons with us and were very tired. Purchased the room and went to retire after a long day of travel.

We inspected the room in the morning and found mice droppings between one of the bed and mattresses, also beside the tv where even a drink was left (so much for the house keeping).
The box spring had stains and the mattress had a protective cover which was torn.

In this double room, the other bed had ripped protective cover on both the mattress​ & box springs.

The light did NOT work above the bed until the stand was moved and found it was unplugged.
The phone in our room was missing the phone wire so NO calls were made (simple things for housekeepers to check as well, for guest to have a better stay).

Mark was on duty at time of check out and told us we should have said something once we were first checked in at around 12 am. Apparently, Mark doesn't have a family with disabilities or any knowledge of being tired as he would not compensate for the problems.
Also, why would I want to be switched to another room with a hotel that may have a mice problem. It takes a hole the size of a dime for a mouse to squeeze through and a staff member with understanding to make it better for guests who slept with such a PROBLEM!

DO NOT STAY AT THE DOWNTOWN ERIE HOTEL..It is Not worth it. Especially for the price..

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family
4  Thank John K
Reviewed August 13, 2017 via mobile

DON'T STAY HERE!! Water damaged holes were in our bathroom that leaked water and I fell on a puddle! One hole had black mold! Front desk man didn't care!! He didn't even asked if I was ok!! Pool and restaurant was closed. WiFi sucked unless you were in the lobby eating their crappy breakfast. NEVER AGAIN!!

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with family