The Avalon Hotel and Conference Center
Wingate by Wyndham Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$110
$144
$115
Hotels.com
$129
$100
Red Roof Inn Erie(Erie)(Great Value!)
$90
$139
$109
$161
  • Pool
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife and I stayed here a couple of weeks ago. It was a great choice for us. Our room was appealing and well decorated. The King size bed was quite comfortable. The staff was very accommodating, welcoming, and friendly. Free, underground parking was convenient for this downtown locale. Price was affordable and quite reasonable. When staying in downtown Erie again, we will definitely book the Avalon.

Room Tip: I understand that the hotel is in a renovation project. Our room was nicely renovated. I cannot judge non-renovated rooms, so you may want to specifically request a renovated room when making your reservation.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Zach H, General Manager at The Avalon Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page. Thank you for the kind words and great review! We are very pleased that you recognized all the good the Avalon provides, and are very pleased you shared your wonderful comments with the public. Thank you for again pointing out the free underground downtown parking and affordable room rates that we provide. I am very happy you valued your stay, and we would love to have you back!

Reviewed June 26, 2013

I stayed here for two days and I will have to say honestly that this place is very good. Free indoor Parking and nightlife within walking distance was plus.I was skeptical when I read reviews. This place really is a good place and great value for downtown Erie. I would certainly recommend to all my friend and tripadvisor readers.

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page. Thank you for the kind words. I am glad you enjoyed the free downtown parking as well as the excellent location we provide to downtown night life and events. Value of the stay is something we pride ourselves on, and we're glad you recognized the rate of the room reflected good value.

Thank you again!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

We stayed here recently and were not very impressed. Carpeting looks new, but the wallpaper had gross stains on it, bathtub needed recaulking and toliet had bad stains and barely flushed. LIghting was also terrible in the room. There is a parking garage, however its very dark and anyone can come in to the hotel and get on the elevator from it. No type of security prohibiting this. Anyone can park in the garage; there was no parking tags or gate. Cleaning staff was unprofessional, running and laughing loudly down the hallways in the late afternoon. Doors are pretty thin as we could hear the people in the room across from us very loudly. The bed was pretty comfortable and the room was very large, but those are the only positive things I have to review on this hotel. A revamping is seriously needed for this downtown hotel.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page. Concerning the revamping of our property, we've actually poured hundreds of thousands of dollars into renovating certain floors; perhaps you were on a non-renovated floor, which the rate you paid would reflect. As I've pointed out in previous responses, the parking gate has been fixed (someone ran their car through the exit gate) and the lighting has been increased; however, it is, and always has been, a very safe place with not one incident to report.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

Tried to book the night before our stay. The receptionist couldnt book the room because the machine was down. Got to the hotel and the garage security gate an ticket machine were broke (garage open to anyone). It was dark and dirty. Checked in... machine for credit card took several attempts and finally worked. Rooms were old but clean. Went to the local comedy club and had fun! When we got back to the hotel we thought we would just end the night at the "advertised hotel bar and nightclub!" Buttttt they forgot to say that the club has been closed down! Breakfast was lackluster at best. Overall this stay was poor ar best and the worst part is we stayed there about five years ago and had a great time! Seems like there are management issues that have substantially affected the quality of customer care... stay someplace else!

• Stayed: June 2013

Thank you for posting on our TripAdvisor page. The parking garage gate has been fixed and we've added more lighting down there due to noticing select people had issues with the lighting down there. Our restaurant and night club are in a revamping stage and due to losses we've incurred by having them open, we are looking into creative ideas to revitalize those places, so I apologize they were not open. I can assure you the quality of customer care is as good, if not better, than it has been in the past.

Reviewed June 23, 2013

I do not recommend this hotel. It is bad enough that it is run down BUT dirty I can not tolerate! I pulled out a blanket from the drawer and it had a HUGE red stain on it that was absolutely disgusting. The wallpaper was coming off everywhere in the room. The carpet and the lamp shade had gross stains on it. The tube tv did not even have a remote and it kept getting these lines on it every few minutes. I could not sleep at this hotel because it was abnormally noisy throughout the entire night! People were screaming outside and it was like they were next to me and I was on the 6th floor. I constantly heard trains and police sirens all night long. I could not wait to leave. I have been going to Erie for years and stayed at many places but this is absolutely the worst and I will never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Zach H, General Manager at The Avalon Hotel and Conference Center, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thank you for posting to our TripAdvisor page. I am sorry to hear of the stains on your linens and things of that nature. In fact, we've recently changed personnel in the housekeeping department and have a new manager in there, so we have put forth the effort to improve upon inconsistencies as you've pointed out. Unfortunately, we cannot control police sirens and noise on the street.

Thank you again.