“Great job econo lodge erie pa”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed April 19, 2009

I agree with the last post, i almost cancelled after reading some of the other posts. I am sure glad i didnt. If you knew me, you would see i am one of the most "find a clean hotel" person! Well, when we arrived i did check out EVERYTHING, and it all was perfect. I found almost no problems at all. Great place for children, actually great family get away. The hotel is walking distance to the waterpark (just across the street) or just take their shuttle bus, which is always waiting for you. Our pass included a two night stay, three day passes to waterpark up to four people each day, MANY, MANY free things from the hotel to the waterpark ...example($30 gift card to eat). It was at an affordable price. Breakfast was great, but get there early and its not so crowded. Staff was more than helpful, pool and spa was beautiful! I cant believe what some people were really writing about this place. Please go there and you will love it! Our three day vacation was so amazing! THANK YOU ECONO LODGE ERIE, PA...YOU DID WELL!!!!!

• Stayed: April 2009, traveled with family

Reviewed March 1, 2009

After reading the reviews for this hotel I was ready to cancel my vacation to splash lagoon because of these reviews. I am glad I did not cancel it. The staff was friendly and helpful I called down for a crib at 9:30 pm they brought one up very quickly, and later that night there were noisy guests which you get in every hotel; the worker asked them to be quiet and got the problem under controll. Then it was quiet for the rest of the night. It was a clean room there were a few things I wish that were a little cleaner but all in all it was good, the carpet was clean and I did not worry about the baby playing on it. It is an older hotel but they do the best they can with it. I would stay here again and recommend it to friends.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed February 18, 2009

Don't stay here. It is cheaper, but not worth it.. It is disgusting, and dirty. Staff is rude and not helpful. If you are going to Splash Lagoon, stay at a connecting hotel. It is worth the $ and convenience!!

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled with family
2  Thank bethmhc
Reviewed January 13, 2009

We Canadians love Christmas shopping in Erie, Pa! (no tax!!!)..we thoroughly enjoyed ourselves (again)...The staff was kind, considerate and more than willing to please...we even got 2 rooms updated to suites at no extra charge just because i took a chance and asked! The only negative comment is to say that they could provide a better breakfast.....(Although the complimentary breakfast is a bonus considering how inexpensive the rooms were(compared to all others in the area)..We have already booked online for this November and would recommend this to anyone seeking excellent accomodation at a fair price!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed August 8, 2008

Probably the best econo lodge ever. it has a huge tropical pool and even a whrilpool it's a bit too hot but still nice! The room size was decent! Right across from Splash Lagoon. A huge free breakfast, Nice fitness room good staff would recommend!

• Stayed: July 2003
1  Thank HotelReviews411
Reviewed July 28, 2008

We booked this hotel because we wanted to go to Splash Lagoon and it was the only affiliated hotel available. Upon arrival, the front desk staff was less than welcoming. The hotel smells old and musty. The room was very small, the linens were clean but had many cigarette burns (funny since we were in a non-smoking room). The shower had a lot of mold and mildew in the corners and the mini-fridge reeked. The pool area was nice, seemed fairly clean. I'd like to continue on and discuss other elements, but I can't because our trip was interrupted by a fire. That's right a fire! We had just gone to bed when we heard pounding footsteps above us. I thought it was just kids fooling around but it went on for about 15 minutes-running up and down the halls, screaming. Then we heard a fire alarm (that a hotel guest had to coax an employee to pull) and people screaming that we had to get out. After we evacuated the building the fire department came and put out the electrical fire which had started behind one of the tv's in the room above us. It was very chaotic. No one from the hotel was very helpful or offered any sort of direction until repeatedly prodded by angry guests. It was pouring rain outside and most guests were standing around in their pj's. This hotel needs a contingency plan for where to send guests in an emergency. If it was winter, things would have been even worse. Afterwards we found out that the sprinkler system and fire detectors were not in proper working order (causing the delay in finding out the hotel was on fire). The electricity wasn't even on in some parts of the hotel but the employees tried to convince us to return to our rooms. Mnay of us, including myself, chose to leave in the middle of the night. An employee told us we weren't "fearless" enough-more like I'm not a moron who would remain in a hotel that should be condemned! We were told that our stay would be refunded in the morning. It is 5 days later and we still have not had the charges refunded on our credit card. This was a complete nightmare, especially since our 3 year old son was with us. We didn't expect much from our hotel for the price, but employee ineptitude and unsafe conditions were not something we were prepared to face. Econolodge-train your employees in emergency situation management and customer service skills.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank JPo17
Reviewed July 24, 2008

My family and I decided to go to Splash Lagoon for a summer getaway for 2 nights, so we booked the Econo Lodge.
We just wanted a clean safe place to sleep close to the water park.

The room was warm air not working well, carpets were dirty, bathroom shower had black mold, beds felt like rocks. Over looking these imperfections we had a warm restless sleep the first night.
We enjoyed a full day at the Splash Lagoon. We were so so tired just wanted to settle in and watch a movie. At 9:16pm the power went out.
The weather was bad and the transformer was hit by lightening.
So off I went to the front desk as there was no phone. They said they were working on it. Only half of the rooms in the hotel had no power. This we all understand is an act of God, so we sat in our dark room for 45 minutes. At this point I went to go downstairs for an update. Our room was located on the second floor. At the end of the hallway was smoke comming from a room under the door. People across the hall were worried and ran down to the front desk. The man in charge? ...at the desk was frantic running looking for a key for the room? At this point at least 4 minutes have gone by. Did I mention NO SMOKE ALARMS have yet gone off. He was then let in the room from one of the people who were staying in that room who was just comming back from a bar.
I ran to get my two kids and husband out of our room. We grabbed what we could in the dark..and went towards the stairs. At least 14 minutes had gone by still no FIRE ALARMS...AT ALL
The person in charge was asked why no alarms he said that it was in a room so no alarms would sound in the building. The smoke reached almost half way down the hallway at this point when, The alarm was MANUALLY pulled!!!
We all the guests stood out in the pouring rain in our PJ's for over an hour. While the fire dept investigated and the TV news reported live. With NO direction from the hotel management at all. My kids were scared and wet and tired. A sister hotel shuttle came and offered people to sit in it to keep dry. After the fire was put out we were told by the man in charge that we could go to our rooms. No way were we staying there. The fire alarms did not work. He said NO refunds, & still no power in the rooms. A women working there said all other rooms on the street were sold out. We demanded her to find us another place to stay. She wilth hesitation called around, in the meantime guests who paid CASH demanding there money back recieved a FULL refund. If you paid by credit card you were to come back in the morning as the computers were down? They told us to go to Red Roof Inn they would take care of room for us. We arrived there and this inn had no idea of the promise made. So again we waited for Econo Lodge to solve this issue over the phone while several of us waited in the lobby of the RRI. At this point my 7 and 10 year old were sleeping on the floor in the lobby. Finally after 12:30pm we were in a safe room to sleep. In the morning we went back for a refund, which was "funny" to new staff on duty. No refunds..I asked to speak to the GM ..Over the phone who with attitude told me no refunds were issued??? We were there we saw them give back the cash. She ended up comming into the Econo to speak with us in person. We recieved our night refund. Many others were also comming to the desk asking for a refund. Terrible way to treat the guests. It was handled very poorly.
In the end Im greatfull for my familys safety. Thats all that matters. But I hope everyone see's this before booking there. Its not safe with no fire alarms. We were told there was no fire? Just smoke ???

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
6  Thank NYRTraveller