“NEVER AGAIN”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed February 24, 2014

Never again will we stay at this hotel. First, our package deal was all messed up when we got there. The entire halls/rooms smelt like a big cigarette. We found someone else's dirty laundry under the beds, garbage behind the nightstand, the floors looked like they were NEVER ever washed, no hot water, no sheets for the pull out couch, no cot when we requested it beforehand there were HOLES in our dirty disgusting blankets. The breakfast was a complete joke. Everything about this place was disgusting. NEVER again will we even consider staying here. Sad thing, I traveled with my children and family, and I didn't even want my kids to sleep in this room. Jet tubs were GROSS along with the "curtains" in the shower.

Stayed: February 2014, traveled with family
2  Thank Angela J

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Worst place I ever stayed! Pool was freezing, hot tub was luke warm and we couldn't even hook up the DVD player to the ancient tv! Tiny shower looked like it had never been cleaned and the beds were hard as a rock!

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank Pjsparkles92
Reviewed February 16, 2014

The only nice thing about it is that splash lagoon is right across the street. All the rooms says non smoking but the place smells of cigarettes. If you're looking for a comfy bed, you won't find one here.

• Stayed: February 2014
1  Thank MikaylaCM
Reviewed January 30, 2014

My room was freezing when I came in, it smelled very musty and of cigarettes, and the bathroom had peeling paint with black around the tub. The beds are like sleeping on a piece of plywood. I was so disappointed I went across the street to the Comfort Inn where there was pleasant staff, nicer beds, and a warm room. I would NEVER recommend the Econo Lodge to anyone. Comfort Inn and Econo Lodge are owned by the same company - Scott Enterprises and was surprised to find out such a huge difference in customer service and room quality. I am pleased to say the Comfort Inn helped me change my reservations over so I did not have to stay in that room for more than an hour.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank StudentTraveler14
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2014

Dear Student Traveler14:

Thanks very much for taking the time to give your valuable feedback regarding the poor experience you had the Econo Lodge, Erie Pa. I am very sorry that the hotel did not meet your expectations, but I am happy to hear that your stay at the Comfort Inn and Suites was much better. I am looking into the issues you mentioned with the bathroom in your room, and also the poor air quality.
I am also happy to report that the hotel is being renovated this year, and all of the beds will be replaced as part of that. The ownership and management have recognized the need to update the property and are working hard to make this come to fruition. The staff at the property do their best to make every stay an excellent one for each guest, I am sorry that we missed that opportunity in your case. I hope you give us another chance if you ever come back to the area. Thanks very much for your time.

Deonna Caputo-GM

Reviewed January 27, 2014

We stayed here one night after weather conditions forced us off the road. First we were told we had a non-smoking room but found a cigarette in the room on the tray with the coffee maker (which makes me wonder how housekeeping missed that when they cleaned). It was not "dirty" but there were very noticeable stains on the furniture. The heat controls were very difficult to work. We showed up for breakfast 20 minutes before it ended and they were out of almost everything but make your own waffles. When we found the woman in charge of that room she was doing dishes. We asked if there were more breads, she sighed, rolled her eyes and left us waiting in the hall until she finished washing a stack of plates. Without a word, she walked back to the dining room and handed us exactly two bagels (tough luck for all the rest of the people in there) and then left without a word. The tables were all filthy, covered with dirty plates, spilled food etc. Having said that it was a good size dining room with only one employee to keep the food supplies stocked, wipe tables and do dishes? I think the management was expecting too much of one employee.
We also were charged for a safe that we didn't use and were not told about ahead of time.
We realize that we did not pay to stay at the Hilton, but even so this was a less than enjoyable experience.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank iavb
GMDCaputo, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2014

Dear iavb:

Thanks so much for using your valuable time to provide feedback regarding your recent stay with us at the Econo Lodge-Erie, Pa. I am extremely sorry that your stay was not a pleasant one, and that we missed an opportunity to make you a satisfied guest. I have personally addressed the issues you mentioned with regard to the room condition and the breakfast. This is an opportunity for all staff members to see just what can happen if they are not 100% committed to providing an excellent experience each day, for every guest.

I hope that you give us another try if you happen to return to this area. I would like the chance to see what a positve change can happen as a result of your sharing an honest opinion of the property during your stay.

With kind regards,

Area General Manager

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We stayed at the Econo Lodge a couple of different times in October while on a fishing trip. Enjoyed our stay with a jacuzzi in the room, hot tub and indoor pool. Staff are very helpful and friendly. Rooms are clean and beds comfortable. Breakfast was good with some hot items, eating area was good size. Will definitely stay there again

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Dear LucyLou1944,

First I would like to thank you for sharing comments about your recent stay at the Econo Lodge in Erie Pa. I am very pleased to hear that our staff exceeded your expectations and I want you to know that I have shared your comments with the entire staff and management company.
We hope that in the future if you are in the Erie area you come and be our guest again.
Thanks again.

Reviewed December 7, 2013

Traveling between PA and NY I got stuck in one of the wonderful of lake Erie windstorms - this was the first hotel I reached getting off the exit. My last minute room featured a hot tub and a very comfortable bed. The staff was very friendly and the free breakfast was as expected.....They have Waffles!!!! Value comparable to other hotels in the area.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank krzy4ktz
GMDCaputo1, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded December 11, 2013

Dear Krzy4kt2,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience during your last visit to our hotel. It is always nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are meeting and exceeding our guests' needs. I am happy that you are one of those guests.

I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire team here at the Econo Lodge-Erie, praising them with a job well done. I hope that you will choose to sta ywith us again while traveling in the Erie area.