We planned a last minute Splash Lagoon trip for 1 night before a trip to Erie/Presque Isle due to the weather being unusually cold for late July. We knew swimming outside would be limited so decided on budget-friendly Econo for Splash Lagoon package. The hotel runs by itself close to $100 a night which is reasonable for the Erie area but for this hotel itself I think is over-priced.We stayed 1 night, 1 adults, 2 kids, Sun July 28th. There were a good many no's associated with this hotel/stay but its not the worst hotel or Econo Lodge we ever stayed at.This is an ok hotel for Splash lagoon and they provide a free shuttle over and back. If you are not doing the Lagoon, find another place. We also stayed at Days in 5 minutes down the road for the next part of our trip, it is $15 cheaper a night and seems better run, a little cleaner, better breakfast, outdoor pool...
"No" to maintanence! The indoor pool was closed. We were never informed of this when booking the day before. It really wasnt an issue because we were there to do Splash Lagoon Indoor waterpark across the street. Had we just ben passing through or staying there for another reason I would have been upset. We inquired about the pool and were told there were told maintance had all quit and there was no maintanance. If you are coming soon, check on this. It made me nervious if we had a maint issue who would have taken care of it?
No! to good beds, they were older and creaky, not a real comfy sleep.
No! to good neighbors. I know its not the hotels fault but that what you get at these budget hotels, we have stayed in them before. You get a crowd that has no regards for anyone else and scresmed, talked loud and slammed doors till 1:00 AM. i KNOW ITS A HOTEL AND i EXPECT SOME NOISE BUT THIS WAS BEYOND NORMAL NOISE AND WAS RUDE ON THEIR PART,
No! to a decent varitey of breakfast. I know again, its budget but after staying in all sorts of budget hotels, I have seen better variety of foods.
No! to updated rooms, they need some refurbashing and could be a little cleaner. Bedding does seem newer
* Access to Waterpark, interstate/Erie
* Staff pretty friendly
* Pool from what I remember 5 years was nice
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Econo Lodge is located off of Interstate 90 and is adjacent to Splash Lagoon Indoor Waterpark Resort. The hotel is central to most shopping, dining and entertainment opportunities in the Erie area.Hotel amenities and features include:-Hot Continental breakast with fresh made waffles-Free high-speed wireless internet in all guest rooms and public areas-Free transportation to the airport, Presque Isle Downs & Casino and Splash Lagoon Indoor Waterpark resort-Room service daily from 6 to 10 from Applebee's, Famous Dave's, Quaker Steak and Lube and Boston's Gourmet PizzaAll of our guest rooms are spacious and include coffee makers, hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, 60 cable channels plus free HBO and mini fridges in each roomWhether you're traveling to the Erie, Pennsylvania area for business or pleasure, enjoy the superior lodging and friendly staff at the Econo Lodge. Book a room with us today! We enjoy accomodating the everyday business traveler as well as providing a resort atmosphere for families on vacation.Our mission is to exceed our guest's expectations by providing memorable experiences that reflect the care, pride and expertise of our management and associaties!We look forward to seeing you soon! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotwire, Travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com and Orbitz so you can book your Econo Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Econo Hotel Erie
- Econo Lodge Erie
- Econolodge Hotel Erie
- Erie Econo Lodge