“Affordable and friendly”

Ranked #28 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Goshen, Ohio
“Affordable and friendly”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

I had driven from Portland Maine at 830am to Niagara Falls, NY then pressed on and landed in Erie. I had a Hotel Coupons book and since it was friday night, many of the other hotels were twice the price they were the rest of the week. I was frustrated but Econo Lodge wasn't as pricey. I paid 89+ tax with AAA, and while that is still high to me, it was better than the rest. The staff were all very kind and helpful. We found our room to be clean, but the hot water would not work. I thought this place had a lot of bonuses besides the pool, they offered a laundry area and breakfast, with sodas and snacks in the lobby for purchase. It was convenient for me to walk next door to a food mart to get milk for my toddler. They were kid-friendly and accommodating.

Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 24, 2013
Dear LBradley22,

Thank you so much for your feedback from your recent stay with us at Econo lodge, Erie. I was so pleased to hear that we provided such great services for you. We hope to see you again in the near future, again thank you!

Bill Palmer

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (53)
Cambridge, Canada
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The only saving grace of this property is the pool.

Beds small and beyond soft. Shower rusting and more caulking than door. Rooms stink from mildew. Front desk were rude and know nothing about customer service. One of the people that stayed in another room had a fold out bed with no blankets, they called the front desk and were told they did not have any blankets, why rent a room with a fold out couch them?

Kids liked the pool and hot tub area and this is really the only reason I would ever think someone would stay at this place. We were here for 2 nights and barely got any sleep due to the poor quality of the bedding, bed and fixtures.

I know it is "econo" but does that mean that it is has to be "garbage" I think not. You can run an economical property and still have it clean and well maintained.

1 Thank CYSBOY
Bill P, Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 14, 2013
Dear Cysboy,

First I would like to apologize on behalf of myself and the entire staff that we did not meet your expectations. All issues will certainly be addressed with the appropriate staff members to assure that we improve so that other guests' will not be inconvenienced as you were.

Bill Palmer

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Columbia
Reviewed June 8, 2013

Top Notch Econo Lodge. I was very impressed. The price was beyond reasonable for the accommodations. A two night stay turned into four. My daughter loved the indoor pool and spa. I really can't say enough great things about this place. I would highly recommend it.

1 Thank Heather W
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 11, 2013
Dear Bellaronee,

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay at Econo Lodge, Erie. I am so pleased to hear that we provided exceptional service and hope to see you again soon.

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 1, 2013

We took our granchildren to Splash Lagoon for two days. We stayed at the eco lodge. We booked through Splash Lagoon because you get a package deal and very good price for both the hotel and the entertainment. It is right across from splash lagoon. they have a free shuttle running back and forth from splash lagoon and the hotel. The staff was outstanding (Cheryl Lupole checked us in and checked us out....she was outstanding). The package came with a breakfast which was very good. I will definitely use this hotel again because of the value and location.

Room Tip: We chose a room with a King Bed and a Pull-out couch. It was nothing fancy, but we spent so little...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, June 2, 2013
Dear Bellronee,

I want to thank you for sharing comments from your recent experience at Econo Lodge, Erie. I am very pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We pride ourselves in doing our very best to exceed our guests expectations and are so happy to hear that we provided that for you. We hope to see you again the next time you plan a vacation! Again thank you.

Hackettstown, NJ
Reviewed May 28, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here for one night. The room was good. The breakast was the best. Had three waffle irons. The sausage gravy with biscuits were good and had other items to choose from. The staff eas friendly. Will definitely come back!

• Stayed May 2013
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Dear Coasterfan 98,

I want to thank you for taking the time to share your comments from your recent experience at Econo Lodge, Erie. I am very pleased to hear that you had a wonderful stay and I will certainly share your comments with the entire staff. Thank you again!

altoona, pa
Reviewed May 17, 2013

Rooms filthy, carpets filthy, room smells, furniture dated at smacked up, front desk clerk standing outside smoking a cigarette while we waited at the desk. Can't really come up with anything good except the location!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank maxmyamason
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Maxmyamason,

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share with us your comments regarding your recent stay with us here at the Econo Lodge - Erie. All feedback is taken seriously as we strive to meet each and every one of our guests' needs. I have shared your comments with the approriate team members and can assure you that your concerns have been addressed.
Again thank you for staying with us and we hope you will choose the Econo Lodge- Erie for any travel needs while in the Erie area.

Edwardsville, Illinois
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a great hotel for the price. The rooms are clean & beds are comfy. The hot tub, sauna, & indoor pool are very lovely & nice to relax in after a long day of traveling. Hotel is located near many diverse restaurants & is an easy off/on to the interstate. Staff is friendly & helpful and gave us a "treat" bag when we arrived. Book on line, possibly thru one of the internet sites, to get the best rate. The continental breakfast was better than most & the dining area is nice. Parking is free which is a plus as well. We stayed at another hotel just around the corner & it was not as nice. We've stayed here twice & will stay here again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this review, May 19, 2013
Dear Karen V.

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experience during your recent stay at our hotel. It is lways nice to hear positive feedback, showing us that we are meeting our guests' expectations. I am happy that you are one of those guests.
I can assure you that I have shared your compliments with the entire team praising them with a job well done. I hope that you will choose to stay with us again while traveling in the Erie area.