Econo Lodge
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Solstice(Erie)
View Hotel
All reviewshot tubroom was cleandonutsbelgian wafflesfront desk staff were friendlybudget hotelindoor poolmake your own wafflesyogurtking bedstayed here for one nightnight's sleepcoffee makerwill stay there againerie papresque isle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 4, 2013

We recently stayed at the Econo Lodge and overall, we were pleased with the place. Aside from a few upgrades (TV was fuzzy and old analog style) and repairs needed (light over door kept going off and on), our room was nice and comfortable for our family of 4. The pool and hot tub were beautiful and well taken care of. The free breakfast was also good. There was something for eveyone. All in all, we enjoyed our stay and would definitely consider staying there again.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Leah S
Bill P, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear Leah S:

Thank you for sharing your recent experience at the Erie Econo Lodge.
We are working on some upgrades to provide the quality service that our guests deserve (new T.V's) as well as many other updates.
I would also like to personally thank you for letting us be a part of your families vacation and
hope that you will stay with us again in the future.

Reviewed December 27, 2012

I stayed for one night in November and was taken aback by how lovely the hotel lobby was as I entered. The desk staff were extremely helpful and courteous. I had no reservation, and tried this place just on impulse during a recent casino trip. I had a very nice room, hotel maid was extremely helpful and made the extra effort to come in as I was just entering the room, and commented that it still smelled smoky to her (and I am a smoker) and went and fetched a spray that really worked. I didn't catch her name, but she started my visit off on a very positive note. Thank you. I have zero complaints, and when I checked out I decided this place is a hidden gem and will definitely get my business again in the future. As a matter of fact, I'm checking in tomorrow for a 3-day getaway of casino gambling and soaking in the hot tub Ididn't get a chance to do this last trip) reading a novel. Can't wait, glad the weather seems to be cooperating. Thank you and happy holidays!

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Dear Spanielsis:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us from your recent stay.
I am so happy that staff has exceeded your expectations and hope we can create more memorable experiences for you in the future.

Again thank you so much!

Reviewed November 7, 2012

This is by far one of the worst hotel stays I have ever experienced. The constant thump thump of the steel plate in the road and other highway noise was bad enough, but the disgusting Jacuzzi tub was so bad my daughter refused to take a shower. The tub was only separated from the room by a curtain, which is hardly ideal for a father to shower or even use the bathroom with the teenage daughter in the room. The caulking around the tub was filthy. Their breakfast foods were pathetic with the yogurt past code. The hotel noise was bad as well. There was a soccer team staying there with the children unsupervised running rampant through the halls all night, front desk did nothing. Someone's car alarm kept going off, front desk did nothing. Contacted the hotel to let them know my displeasure, they did nothing. The pool area they boast is loud and stuffy. Internet service was poor. Televisions were old and sad. Carpets were filthy. For the fools who call this resort-like, they must stay in awful resorts. Steer clear of this place.

Room Tip: Rooms near the road are VERY loud with traffic noise. Rooms by the pool are loud with pool noise.
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Julie R

Dear Julie R:

I really appreciate you taking the time to share your disapointment with your recent stay at the Erie Econo Lodge. I want to personally apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations.
We want our guests to have the best stay possible with the highest quality. You can be assured that I will personally follow up on your concerns so that others are not inconvenienced
as you were.
Thank you for sharing your thoughts with us. We value all our guests comments and concerns
which help us to make improvements so that our guests can have the best stay possible. We
want all our guests to leave our property satisfied.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

Just off the I90, this hotel has lots of restaurants and shops nearby off Peach Street. Large rooms with Jacuzzis. Nice pool and hot tub in a "resort-like" atmosphere. However if you want quiet,ask for a room that doesn't overlook the pool. The breakfast has plenty of choices. The Internet however would not work and they use an outside provider....not worth the effort!

Room Tip: Ask for a room that doesn't overlook the pool....they are noisy!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 29, 2012

Stopped in here on our way home form florida, to do some shopping, great place to stay, no tub in our room but we like the shower anyway. staff very helpfull, breakfest was great, always give the breakfest staff a couple of buck $2.00 if they are doing their job by keeping it clean and full of selection. Room clean, close to all the shopping, and restaurant. can't go wrong staying here.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Mary W, General Manager at Econo Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded October 31, 2012

Dear Today12345:

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts with us on your recent stay. We are glad that you had such a memorable experience and would recommend us for other travelers. We hope to be of service to you on your next trip through Erie.

Mary L. Ward