“very nice-glad we stayed!!!”

Comfort Inn & Suites
Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed August 8, 2014

We at first tried to get a room at the nearby Holiday Inn, we did didn't realize that this hotel was also connected with splash lagoon. The Holiday Inn was quite pricey and the front desk clerk was well, arrogant and he suggested that the Comfort Inn might be more in our price range-LOL after the week and money we'd already spent traveling, this was comical to me, plus the Comfort Inn was only $20.00 less but due to his attitude I'd already decided we weren't staying. I am so glad that we chose this Comfort Inn!! The lady at the front desk was so helpful and she was able to get us in a room right by the door, and she told us about the discounts at Splash Lagoon!! Our room was very clean and a nice size for 4, the kids were able to go to and from the water park without going outside, there was free hot chocolate and since they were cold coming out of the water -that hit the spot!! The noise was not bad at all and we were right near the main road. We were able to walk over to Bob Evens after the water park closed for a quick late evening dinner!!! The only thing we didn't know until after we'd checked out was that they offered a complimentary breakfast, but we will live and learn. I am planning a surprise trip again for my husbands birthday and we will be staying there-and it's only 2 miles from the casino!!!

1  Thank Nancy T
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 11, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are thrilled you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us here at Comfort Inn & Suites. I will pass along your comments to my staff to encourage them to keep up the great work. We are looking forward to seeing you again in the near future to help celebrate birthdays!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

The room was very clean as was the whole hotel. Bedding was lovely. Breakfast was good and it was convenient not to have to go out for it .Coffee was available 24/7--free .Snacks available for a fee.
Next to the Splash Lagoon---just walked over..I had a slight noise problem one night and after calling the desk it was immediately resolved.
My only "negative" comment is I think it was too expensive for Erie??

Room Tip: I left a tip for the maid the first morning and she did not touch it. The second morning I handed...
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded August 1, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and our newly renovated rooms. During our peak season our prices are more expensive compared to non-peak. However, they are very comparable to many other local hotels. We do hope you visit us again on your next trip to Erie!

Reviewed July 30, 2014

Stopped here on my way back from Buffalo after a day traveling and attending meetings. The hotel was decent with a good bed, warm shower and an actually working TV. On the downside I would suggest avoiding the far left side of the hotel near Interstate 90. Not the most quiet side of the hotel. I did arrive around 7:00 that evening and after dinner at the nearby Bob Evans, I went back to the room and decided to walk over and look at the water park. I would recommend just walking through the parking lot instead of trying to go through the hotel. It is a very non-direct route through Comfort Inn and then through another hotel up and down steps and around different corners.

Room Tip: avoid the left side near the interstate
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled solo

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback about your recent visit. I am glad you were able to have a comfortable sleep. We do have plenty of rooms on the non-highway that we would love to put you in on your next visit. Being connected to Splash Lagoon is very beneficial during the winter time, but it can be a longer walk. We do hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014 via mobile

Me and my family love this hotel and if you have a disabled person you're traveling with this is the hotel for you!! one thing they could do is tell their staff that check out is at 11 and not to seem like they're trying push you out on your check out day.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay and that we were able to accommodate your needs. I will certainly pass along to the staff not to bother the guests until after our check out time. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We stopped here on our way to Canton, OH. The facility was nice and the room clean and comfortable. Considering many families, in town for the water park, were staying there, the noise level was quite acceptable. Of course the bonus was the free breakfast, which was good.

We have stayed at a Comfort Inn located in Cincinnati and we are always pleased with our stay there. So it wasn't a surprise that we were also satisfied staying here.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 10, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay here in Erie. With Splash Lagoon right next door we do have more families than most properties, but I am glad this didn't bother you at all. We hope to see you again on your next drive through Erie!

Reviewed July 6, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here July 4-6 it's definitely a family hotel , lots of kids in the hotel. But we didn't mind. Also they're renovating the hotel. Its starting to look pretty good. As far as my stay there it was very nice
If you don't already know this as I didn't when I booked the hotel it's next door to a waterslide Park which is inside by the way. Overall I have to say my experience here was positive. The state park down by Lake Erie is very nice and it has nice beaches too. Also all the employees there are extremely helpful and very nice I give the employees a five star rating.
I will definitely stay here again ..!!!
I have already booked my next visit

Stayed: July 2014
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us. We are thrilled you were able to enjoy the entire Erie area during your recent visit. We look forward to seeing you on your next trip!

Reviewed July 3, 2014 via mobile

The employees are extremely nice. The rooms are clean and nice. Since I am a Platinum member of their rewards program I got a free upgraded room. The king and queen combo room has a 2 person jacuzzi tub so a couple can relax after chasing kids around the waterpark, that it's next to. Any time I have to stay a night in Erie, I will be staying here.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Mallory H, Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your positive experience with us! We will be happy to have you back the next time you are in Erie. We are glad we could accommodate your Platinum member request. See you again soon!