“raised prices but good overnight stay”

Clarion Hotel Lake Erie
Ranked #29 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed September 20, 2011

Once again we found ourselves needing a hotel room while a family member was at Hamot Medical Center. While we received a "hospital" discount they have raised their prices since our last stay a few months ago - shame on you! The front desk crew at check in where a little confused, apparently they have installed new computer/software and the staff was finding it a little difficult to check us in. They did go out of their way when Hamot did not reserve a room as they were supposed to do. The room itself was apparently upgraded recently. The bathroom had plenty of room and clean. The rest of the room was clean and looked well kept. If we can find a cheaper place on our next visit we will but for now staying there is our best option.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank firefighter4u
There are newer reviews for Clarion Hotel Lake Erie

Reviewed September 13, 2011

The staff here was great . They really went out of their way to be helpful,and friendly. the room on the other hand was very damp the carpet felt wet and the internet instruction placard was moldy. The windows were extremely dirty and didn't look like they had ever been touched. There was a drubken wedding party staying there and they were very loud. The beds were very comfortable. The 4 dollar buffet breakfast couldn't be beat.

Room Tip: See if you can get a room adjoining the pool
  • Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank latrobe50
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We travel to Erie quite often because it is a nice place to go for a quick weekend get away we always stay at the belaire In the summer it is close to the lake, in the winter it is close to the wineries And it is just a good location The rooms could definitly use a bit of updating but it does have a nice indoor pool The prices are the same through out Erie and trust me I have checked so if you want a nice place to stay convenient to most everything this may be your place give it a try.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
1  Thank travler320
Reviewed September 12, 2011

This hotel is very convenient to many Erie attractions and restaurants. It's clean and comfortable, I have no real complaints. The staff, especially the food service staff, are all
great !!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed August 13, 2011

My flight got cancelled out of Erie Pa. My client put me up here since it was close to the airport. This is a nightmare of buildings connected together with two large squares in the front and an L shape add on in the rear (where I was assigned). In addition, there is an out building behind the main structures that resembles the Bates Motel. Why I was put so far away is anyone's guess. The parking lot had few cars and the restaurant was empty at 7:30 (with good reason).
I should have known better as soon as I walked in. There were three guys behind the desk with no real function. Two were missing most front teeth. There was a very nice young lady who checked me in. Despite the empty parking lot she said that she only had a room in the back, a "suite" for 180. After a very long day and needing a shuttle to the airport very early the next morning, I had no choice. She told me it was best for me to walk around the outside of the building to get to my room. I asked if I could get back to the front and the restaurant without going outside and she said "oh sure".
I went around back and took a musty elevator to the fourth floor. There were loud voices coming from rooms adjoining my "suite". There was a leak in the ceiling with a bucket collecting the water right outside the room. The door was ajar, which was off putting to say the least. I announced myself, in case someone was already in the room. There was not. It was an odd suite, with a bathroom right by the front door, a sitting room and then, as far as possible from the bathroom, a bedroom. Like the rest of the hotel, the room was "tired" at best. The carpet was soiled. There was rust on the air vent. It was more like a 90.00 room to me.
I put my things down and tried to find my way to the front. The halls were dark and did not smell particularly good. I ended up going through fire doors and was in a total maze. At one point, I was accosted by a clearly inebriated man. I encountered others in the hallway who did not make me feel safe. After fifteen minutes of being lost in this maze, I found a way to exit the building and again walked around on the outside to the restaurant.
The restaurant was dark. There was a very strange group of people doing some type of photo shoot. There were few other patrons. I had a crab cake appetizer which was very mediocre (no lump crab there) and a Caesar salad that was made table side that was not bad but really did not taste like a Caesar. I had two waitresses while there. One made a superb martini. She asked me if I liked the hotel and I told her what I thought. Soon after I was visted by both the manager and then the owner, to whom I promised this review. They looked at me with disbelief and offered me notthing.
After dinner, I again had to exit the building and find my way to the rear elevator. The bed was ok, but instead of real pillows, it had these small square ones that were very uncomfortable. At least the shuttle was on time the next morning and I escaped.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
4  Thank JeffnEdie
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stayed there just for a night away and the rooms were ok and could have been updated and cleaned a little better. Pool was ok. The restaurant though had the best bananas fosters I have ever had and they made it in front of you. That party was great!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed July 28, 2011

Great pool, courtyard rooms, decent food!! Very close to the beach and water park!! Discount rooms available on the side of the hotel.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family