“My 8th lodging review of Erie Hotels/B&Bs”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed August 8, 2010

We stay in Erie a lot and I'm on a mission to review as many hotels as possible. This place rates among the best for the money. Hotel rooms in Erie are super-expensive in the summer, especially when last minute, which was our case. $175 was the internet rate for a Friday night, but we got it for $150 with our AAA discount. This location is an exit away from the mall and most of the restaurants (Restaurants are 5 minutes away, mall is 10 minutes, Presque Isle is at least 20 minutes). It is near the casino. The hotel is newer and is a non-smoking facility. When we arrived (10:30pm), no one was at the desk. There was a sign saying they would be back shortly. We waited about 6-7 minutes. Our room and bathroom were larger than what you would find in most hotels. It was clean and nicely decorated. It had a flat screen t.v., microwave, and mini refrigerator. We were on the highway side (even numbered room) and you can hear the noise, but it's not too bad. If you're a light sleeper, try to get a room on the other side of the hotel. The beds were very comfortable. The shower/tub didn't drain well, so we found ourselves standing in several inches of water. The toilet didn't flush all the time, either. Breakfast was good and varied, but there were no knives, making it difficult to eat my waffle. Even though things weren't perfect, I would still recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank tamaralea
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded August 10, 2010

Thank You for your honest review. I have been addressing the tub drain issues with my maintenance staff. It's a never ending cycle, especially during the busy summer season. I'm very glad your overall stay was pleasant and favorable. It's a work in progress everyday here at LaQuinta. Hope to see you again.

There are newer reviews for La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie

Reviewed August 4, 2010

I was very disappointed with the service, after swimming at Lake Erie all day we checked into the hotel and put our 2 daughters in the bath and found no towels. My husband had to go to the desk and get our towels. The hotel also advertised cribs available, which is why we picked this hotel, however one crib was broke and the other crib was in use. We had to push the bed up against the wall so that my 18 month would not fall out of bed and pile pillows on the floor to protect her. She fell 3 times. She also pinched her finger in the broken chair in the room. The hotel also says minutes from beach try 45 minutes with traffic and construction, however when my husband was driving my daughter in the car at 1 AM to get her to sleep it was a15 minute drive to the beach

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank Crissyj
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2010

Thank You for your posting. I will address the towel issue with all housekeepers.There's no excuse for that. Maintenance staff will be going through all rooms to inspect chairs.As for the pack&plays, these are on a first come , first get basis. I do apologize for that.This is an extra courtesy we provide in case a guest forgets to bring thier own.

Reviewed July 12, 2010

We arrived on a Friday night (7/9) and the hotel was very busy. I believe a casino is nearby and it just opened their table games. Check-in didn't take much time and our room was very nice. Smaller than other La Quinta's I've stayed in, but a little nicer. We had a fridge and microwave in the room. Beds and bathroom were nice and clean. Used the workout room in the morning - it had two treadmills and an elliptical. Not much room for anything else. Breakfast area was nice, but a little tight on a Saturday morning at 8AM. People were waiting for tables as we left. They had hard boiled eggs, fried/baked eggs, sausage, pastries, cereal, waffles, and apples. A good variety of food, but there were only two cereals, no oatmeal ( my favorite), and limited fruit selection. The hotel was conveniently near I-90 with easy-on/easy-off access. The hotel was very gracious and granted us a late check-out at 12:30PM. The late check-out allowed us to better explore the area before our wedding. The hotel is about 15 minutes from Presque Isle state park. I would recommend a visit if in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 30, 2010

Hi, I came up from Bristol,Va to get my niece and take her back down. I stay @ your hotel june 28th - June 30th, and I'm glad I did. I read these reviews before I booked. And was glad I went with it. I really like the hotel, and have no complaints @ all. The room was updated and very clean. Everything was quiet except for my 2 kids I had lol, hope they didn't make ppl mad, and if they did I'm sorry. The breakfest was good had what we liked . I stayed in 309. Just one of the chairs the arm was loose . We didn't do it was like that. But my little ones loved the pool. I would recommend this place nice job staff. Thanks for everything. By the way when I bring my niece back up around the 1st of Aug. I will be staying @ your hotel again. So see you in Aug haha.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 2, 2010

Thanks for sharing your experience at the hotel. I will be scheduling two agents on the desk during peak times. It's just hit or miss now during the summer season. The agent on duty didn't go unrecoginized for the above and beyond service he gave to everyone that shift. We'll see you next time.

Reviewed June 29, 2010

We stayed overnight at the La Quinta in Erie during a mini family vacation on June 24. I picked the La Quinta because it had everything we needed--indoor pool for the kids, free breakfast and a good location close enough to Presque Isle and Waldameer. When I compared rates in the area, the La Quinta had the best price (with all of the amenities I wanted) at approximately $71 with a AAA discount. (When booked about a month in advance--with taxes and fees it was just shy of $80.) The hotel itself met our needs. It is slightly older, but somewhat updated. The beds were new and very comfortable. The pool area is small, but my son still enjoyed it and it was clean. Breakfast was fine and well stocked. The only thing that bothered me was a lack of staff in the hotel. When we checked in Thursday evening, one man was working the front desk, and I had to wait for him to finish taking a reservation on the phone, then had to wait some more (with three excited kids) while he finished a cell phone call with the manager. The same young man (who was polite and helpful) had to come to my room when my room phone was not working, and he had to place a "Please Wait Here, Helping a Guest" sign at the front desk. At check out, I like to verify my bill with the person at the front desk, but again could not because only one person was working and she was on the phone. I just thought that was odd especially during a vacation time when the hotel seemed pretty full...other than that, we would stay here again because the price was right!

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled with family

I'm glad we made your stay comfortable. I welcome your feedback and will be looking into your comments that you brought up during this stay. Thanks for bringing this to my attention. Everyday here is a challange and sometimes I can't talk to everyone departing that day. I need to clone myself certain days. Enjoy your summer.

Reviewed June 21, 2010

We stayed here one night en route to our vacation. The room was not ready when we arrived around 3:15, even though check-in time is 3:00. That was a little irritating after a long day on the road. The beds were super comfy and although our room was right across from the elevator and ice machine, we didn't hear any noise. Breakfast was OK, but not great.

If you're here more than a few hours, be sure to check out Presque Isle State Park, a peninsula in Lake Erie. It's about a half hour drive from La Quinta and well worth the trip.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2010

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your experience. I see that the extra few minutes waiting for your room was worth it. I am working on breakfast selections and changing the items around. It's always a work in progress when it comes to breakfast. Guests have so many different tastes. See you next time.

Reviewed April 19, 2010

We (mother, aunt, cousin and I) stayed at La Qunita for two nights while we went shopping in Erie as well as in Grove City. The location was perfect for us, one exit away from Peach Street (shopping and restaurants) and a short drive to Grove City to the Prime Outlets. I booked the hotel through the La Qunita Website (which seemed to have the best price. Check in was quick and easy. Our room was clean, had a small fridge for our wine (which we forgot there :( ), a microwave, and suited our needs for this trip. Though we did not use them, the hotel also offered Casio credits. Breakfast on the main floor was great, there was a gentleman there who made sure that everything was clean and restocked, he was very busy making sure the needs of the guests were met! When we checked out, it was again quick and easy as all we had to do was hand in our keys and let them know our room number. All in all it was a nice stay and I would not only recommend this hotel to others but we will also stay here on our next shopping adventure to Pennsylvania. Thank you La Qunita!

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2010

Thanks so much for the positive feedback. All these long days are starting to pay off. These comments make me feel like my hotel is making a difference now. Always room for improvement. Your comments do matter with some General Managers of hotels.