“Nice Place to Stay”

Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Brantford
“Nice Place to Stay”
Reviewed November 6, 2009

My girlfriend and I stayed at your hotel for 2 nights while enjoying a shopping getaway weekend. Shopping area was only a 5 minute drive away. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay as the hotel was clean, staff were friendly, rooms were spacious, clean and quiet (appreciated). It was nialso nice to see that there was a complimentary breakfast to start the day off without even having to leave the hotel. We will definitely be back.. Thanks for making our stay enjoyable.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with friends
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 7, 2009
I'm so glad you both enjoyed your stay with us. I will share this comment with all my staff. We look forward to your next stay with us. Thanks so much.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (71)
MD
Reviewed October 13, 2009

We stayed here from out of town for a wedding. Would NEVER go back again!! Was told I got a discounted rate but from what I see it wasn't. Gave us a handicapped room and was not told. Coffee pot top was broken, dogs barking next door to us where just a door divides the room. Iron ruined a white shirt because it hadn't been emptied in years (or used) and was rusted. Sink kept backing up, shower head leaked. The worse part was on a Saturday we had slept in and went to the counter and asked if maid service could clean the room at 1pm they said yes. We left and came back to a bag on our door with 1 of each clean towels (2 occupied our room). We walked in and it had not been cleaned. We went to the desk at about 1:40 and were told that maid service leaves at 1:30 so we couldn't get the room cleaned. That was unacceptable. When asked why this wasn't explained to us before when we asked, the manager got very nasty and made it sound like it was our fault for sleeping in. Then asked "Well, what do you want me to do?" in a very nasty tone. My partner said, "We would like our room cleaned." The manager stomps away from the counter and says "I'll just do it myself!". My partner said, "Great!" We left again and came back to a clean room finally. Needless to say it was uncomfortable to come in and out and have to look at his smug face like he did us some huge favor. I've never seen a hotel that doesn't have one person 24 hours for housekeeping on staff. Besides, if check out isn't until noon, why would housekeeping be gone by 1:30pm? They claimed to have a nice business center, when we went to try to print the tickets for our flight out, the computer wouldn't work. They had to try to fix it. Finally it was fixed and we got the tickets printed. The equipment was cheap and dumpy. What a fleabag dump for $109 a nite in the middle of nowhere!

• Stayed October 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, October 15, 2009
Folks, I'm sorry that you experienced such a disturbing stay. I remember you very clearly, and I don't treat my guests like that. I personally cleaned your room, because that's part of my job, and I give 120% to all my guests. I'm sorry, if you feel like I was innoyed, but rest assured I enjoy my job. You not once, came down to the desk to inform any staff about your iron, or any other issue for that fact. How can I address issues, if my guests don't tell me. I'm at my property 7 days a week, and take pride in the way it's reflected on this site. I alway's care about what guests say about my hotel. I'd be more than glad to talk to you about your stay, but it's not fair for you to post negative comments, when you didn't even give me, or my staff a chance to address your concerns. Thank You.

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

NY
Reviewed October 6, 2009

We traveled with our pets for 2 weeks this summer with no problems at all. We arranged "pet friendly" hotels and were very pleased with the accommodations. My pets were extremely well behaved, quiet, and clean. We booked reservations at LaQuinta well in advance of the trip and included the number and breed of our pets. Two days before our arrival, on our way back home, we received a voice mail message that the reservation was canceled and the person who booked it fired. That person answered the phone when we called back! After much arguing, the manager agreed reluctantly to honor the reservation but was also quite threatening including advising there were no supplies (disposal bags) for our dogs, no place to walk them, and no place at the hotel to dispose of the waste so we'd have to take it - surprising for a "pet friendly" hotel. Given his attitude, we managed to book a different hotel although with much difficulty as most of the local hotels were booked due to area activities - a possible reason to cancel. Obviously I cannot rate the accommodations but certainly am willing to warn of the attitude of the manager, his lying, and his threatening attitude. If you have a choice, don't deal with this business.

• Stayed August 2009, traveled as a couple
I am sorry you felt like this folks. Rest assured I was also trying to follow the Policies/Procedures set by Corp.Standards. There is a two pet policy, and 50 lb wieght limit. You had five animals, and I was also concerned for other guests, and also my staff. We are a very pet friendly hotel, but there has to be limits. Thank You
Waterloo, Iowa
Reviewed September 4, 2009

My husband and I came here for a job interview. The bedroom was much nicer than a regular hotel because of the comfortable beds and not looking to much like a hotel. You can just hope on the highway and make it to most anywhere in the city. The breakfast had everything I wanted. The staff always asked how we were doing and helped us when we asked. I would stay there again. I do miss them giving out those great cookies. The pool was a little cool.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, September 5, 2009
Thank-You for your Pleasant comment on my Property. I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay, and the new pillowtop mattresses. Still working on getting the cookies back. I look forward of seeing you folks back real soon.
Pittsburgh, PA
Reviewed August 18, 2009

We have stayed here numerous times for either casino trips or concerts at the Civic Center. The hotel is very conveniently located. The rooms are well kept, comfortable, and the staff is very helpful and friendly. This is our staple hotel in the Erie area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 20, 2009
I'm so glad that you enjoyed your stay at my property. I'm trying my best to turn around the negative comments in the past, and make them all pleasant stays. Always a work in progress though. Hope to see you again in the near future at the property. Thanks Again for your positive feedback. Paul
Edmonton, AB
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta in Erie with our two boys at the beginning of July for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient when we checked in later in the evening. The price online with AAA discount was pretty good compared to other hotels in the area. Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It was quiet; we didn't hear the traffic from I-90 even though our room faced the highway. Our boys enjoyed the pool. We really liked the complimentary breakfast both mornings. There was lots of variety (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, etc) and a friendly employee kept it well-stocked. The general manager introduced himself to us in the breakfast area and asked how our stay was and if there was anything we needed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 24, 2009
Dear Guest,
Thank-You for your great review of my property. I look at all reviews posted on this site. I take great pride in making sure all my guests have a pleasent stay with us here at the property. I took over this property a few weeks ago, and I'm striving to make this the best property in NW PA.
I do care about what my guests have to say, and how they were treated at this property.
In closing, Again Thank-You from all the staff here at Erie-LaQuinta, and we'll see you next time.
Paul Ruby
GM
Canton Ga
Reviewed June 28, 2009

Was looking for a less spendy motel, but the choices in Erie are not huge! All seemed to be about the same price, so we chose this one, liking the chain. It turned out to be a good choice..beds were great..A/C was working well, b'fast was very well done, FAIRLY quiet room. We slept pretty well, and all the facilities were very nice.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled on business
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 15, 2009
I, just wanted to let all the travlers know that, I'm the new GM on this property. I will strive for 10, and alway's at my property 7 days a week. I hope to bring change, and make all my guests happy to the best of my abilities. I look forward to your future stay at my location this summer.