“A great stay at La Quinta!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed July 22, 2009

We stayed at the La Quinta in Erie with our two boys at the beginning of July for 2 nights. The front desk staff was very friendly and efficient when we checked in later in the evening. The price online with AAA discount was pretty good compared to other hotels in the area. Our room was spacious, clean, and the beds were very comfortable. It was quiet; we didn't hear the traffic from I-90 even though our room faced the highway. Our boys enjoyed the pool. We really liked the complimentary breakfast both mornings. There was lots of variety (eggs, sausage, waffles, cereal, toast, bagels, etc) and a friendly employee kept it well-stocked. The general manager introduced himself to us in the breakfast area and asked how our stay was and if there was anything we needed. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2009

Dear Guest,
Thank-You for your great review of my property. I look at all reviews posted on this site. I take great pride in making sure all my guests have a pleasent stay with us here at the property. I took over this property a few weeks ago, and I'm striving to make this the best property in NW PA.
I do care about what my guests have to say, and how they were treated at this property.
In closing, Again Thank-You from all the staff here at Erie-LaQuinta, and we'll see you next time.
Paul Ruby
GM

Reviewed June 28, 2009

Was looking for a less spendy motel, but the choices in Erie are not huge! All seemed to be about the same price, so we chose this one, liking the chain. It turned out to be a good choice..beds were great..A/C was working well, b'fast was very well done, FAIRLY quiet room. We slept pretty well, and all the facilities were very nice.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled on business
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2009

I, just wanted to let all the travlers know that, I'm the new GM on this property. I will strive for 10, and alway's at my property 7 days a week. I hope to bring change, and make all my guests happy to the best of my abilities. I look forward to your future stay at my location this summer.

Reviewed April 14, 2009

we made reservations for new years eve 2008 but had to cancel them which i did on dec 12 2008 here it is april 10th 2009 and my account is charged $233 for my cancelled rooms. 4 months after the fact and their only response is without a confirmation number theres nothing they can do. who keeps such things longer then two statement periods. like i said we were ripped off and i will tell everyone i know to stear clear of thie\s place and their unetical business practices.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with family
Reviewed April 6, 2009

I usually wouldn't even bother writing a review, but these people need to be exposed. I booked through expedia, we arrived and as I waited to check in I couldn't help but notice that one woman was very angry about the cleanliness of the rooms and another was complaining about something else. We checked in, but before carrying in the luggage, we went to check the room. The sheets were gross, multiple hairs, even little short 'clippings', I don't know if someone doesn't know how to wash sheets, but it looked as if the sheets were not changed, in quite awhile.

I informed the front desk that we were pretty disturbed by the conditions, we didn't even check the bathroom. They did offer to send up maid service, but my wife was totally not willing to 'go back to a dirty well for a clean glass of water.' The desk clerk assured me that we wouldn't be charged for the room.. Guess what, I had to call my credit card company today to dispute the charge. The manager said we broke their cancelation policy and that she had offered to send up the maid. I imagine they even booked this room after we left, they seemed to have been busy...I just can't imagine why the management of this hotel refuses to not charge us for a service that we didn't receive.
We showed up for the reservation, they didn't provide a reasonable service.
We wound up staying at the Wyngate on the next exit....wonderful hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2009

Just wanted you to know that I'm trying to make up for the way you were treated at my Property. It upsets me that you were so disgusted with the old management, but that's why,I was brought in to clean up this Property. I hope, you will give my Property another try in the near futue, and see what changes are in place now. I always put guests first, and I know I can make a difference at this hotel. I'll be glad to book your reservation personally, if you call me directly @ 814-864-1812 ext 401, just ask for Paul. Hope to see you this Fall.

Reviewed March 29, 2009

We first stayed here in Sept’08 and again in March’09. We come to Erie here every few months to shop. We’ve had very good experience both times. Although this past time, the fridge wasn’t working and the bathroom had a slow drain. But for the price USD $50/night, free breakfast, swimming pool (which we used), you can’t go wrong. The rooms were clean. My brother who stayed in a room facing the highway did acknowledge the highway noise can be bothersome. He turned on his heater fan to generate white noise. Both times we stayed here, our room faced the back (north side) and there was no noise at all. It was very quite. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed December 12, 2008

I was perplexed after reading tripadvisor reviews of this La Quinta. The chain usually has an excellent reputation. So I called the hotel and asked if they had solved the issues with housekeeping, they assured me they had. So I decided to keep my reservation for Dec 5th and 6th.

Our room was exceptional, clean and comfy. The morning breakfast was more than most offer, and satisfied us.

Front desk could be a little more helpful. Our room had no hangers in the closet. I asked at the front desk for hangers, and the clerk became obstinate and unyeidling, claiming that if there was no hangers in the room, then I was out of luck. REALLY. I don't think so. He agreed to look in the maid closets and came up with two hangers. I couldn't believe he was unwilling to go into an unbooked, unoccupied room and grab us a couple more hangers. The hotel had plenty of rooms available at the time. How about a little more training on pleasing the public, especially ones that already paid, and might come back.

The 2nd night, we wished we had an evening activity. The hotel had booked a team of Cheerleaders and their families. Our room was near the pool. The screaming and running in the hallway was out of control. We were glad when the pool closed at 10PM. It seemed that the desk clerk was the only hotel employee on duty, and the situation was terrible.

All in all though, I would go back to this hotel. I'd get a room really far away from the pool, and ask if any groups had reservations. I like my quiet.

Also I would recommend this hotel to all my friends traveling to the Erie PA area.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed October 19, 2008

I have to say, I usually just read TripAdvisor, but I had to share this warning. This hotel should in no way be associated with LaQuinta. I did not read reviews ahead of time; trusting the LaQuinta name. Big mistake! Our room was filthy; it had not been vacuumed & there was dust & crud everywhere. The room reaked of mold & stale cigarette smoke, even though we had asked for a non-smoking room. There was a woman at the desk asking for batteries as her TV remote did not work and the girl at the desk said, "I'm new; can't help you. There is no one else here". We asked for a different room & were told they were sold out. When I said we would not be staying, "new girl" said we might still be charged, as we had checked in after 6PM. So, be warned and stay away; this hotel may present itself as newly remodeled, but they forgot to clean it!!!

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)