“Very Nice”

Ranked #20 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Mentor, Ohio
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2012

We stayed at this hotel on 1/18/12 and everything was nice. The beds were clean, the floor was vacumes, and the room was even equiped with a fridge and safe, (the safe was seperate on the bill for $1.00 thou).For the money you pay, i feel you get more for the money.. Keegan was the person in charge working the front desk when we were there, and he was very kind in answering any questions we had. When booking this room thou i thought i said two queen size beds, but when we got to the room there were two full size beds. Keegan informed me that they do not have (two queens), they just have only two full size beds and don,t have queens in this hotel.(For the record). This was ok thou but most places have two queens not full size beds The beds were very comfortable and NO bed bugs as other people have claimed they saw..Even the lobby and workout room was clean..I did not go in the pool but did go in the room where it is and it was clean also.. They have one heck of a breakfast buffet.. They say waffles on the website, but they have small (pancake) size eggs, sausages, along with hard boiled eggs, bagels,waffles that you make in a LARGE waffle maker and are very tasty. Fruits, and three or more coffee pumps. I would stay at this hotel again with no problem...

• Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank David57129
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, January 20, 2012
I enjoy when a guest takes the time to tell how there stay was. Thank you so much for the positive review. I will share this with Keegan. Thank you.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2011

Overall good price & clean place.
For a Sunday nite we paid $68.
There was a musty smell in the room (205).
The toilet wasn't working.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank travellerDhan
Hamilton, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2011

This hotel is an hour away from Grove City and 1 exit away from the main shopping area. Staff
in the hotel are friendly, place is clean, hot breakfast is included.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank l n
lq6247gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 19, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay here with us!! We will see you soon.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 2, 2011

Average at best. Room smelled of industrial cleaner. Would not want to stay there more than one night.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled solo
lq6247gm, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 28, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to tell about your recent stay with us. Hope to see you again.
Phoenix, Arizona
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 31, 2011

This hotel is RIGHT off the highway in Erie, which makes it a breeze to get to unlike most of the rest of Erie. It is only one exit away from the mall and all the other "happenings" - but one exit was a large price difference for me (in a good way!) so I stayed here. Very friendly staff who didn't lose my packages and held them for me before I arrived. Great room with a decent view. Would definitely stay here again.

Business center is open 24 hours which is GREAT for business travelers! Very nice room!

Room Tip: Third floor is best - as it is only three floors and no stomping on top of you.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank amandashapiro23
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 27, 2011

We were in town for some early christmas shopping!!! Checked in tues oct. 25 2011 and we were very pleasantly surprised. From the front desk to the location and cleanliness of our room we were totally impressed, everyone was very helpful and the lady who checked us in and out was very helpful and pleasnt !!! I have to admit I was a little leary having stayed at another La Quinta in tennessee and having a less than stellar experience, but I am happy to say there was no comparison thankyou we will be back!!!

• Stayed October 2011
Thank you so much for the great review.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2011

I recently went to Erie to take my state boards for my LPN license. As always I was looking for a Jacuzzi room, but more importantly I wanted to make sure I would be sleeping in a comfortable bed. I saw some reviews here on trip advisor stating that they had comfortable beds here, and I was also impressed that the manager took the time to respond to reviews both positive and negative here on tripadvisor. Well needless to say I was not disapointed with my stay. The bed and pillows were very comfortable, the jacuzzi was of ample size. The room was clean and did not have your typical musty hotel smell. The breakfast was awesome The staff was also very friendly. And the price was very reasonable as I got my Jacuzzi room for $99 + tax. Now if you are sensitive to noise at night I suggest requesting a room on the back side of the hotel. If your in the front side you will hear the semis rolling down the highway at night. But for me personally I find that sound to be relaxing and it helps me sleep. My only other suggestions for the hotel would be a few benches outside for a place to sit, and splenda on the coffee bar.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, October 19, 2011
Were so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Hope you did well on your testing. I will post this so all they staff can read your review. See you next time.