“Good for passing through”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Novi, Michigan
“Good for passing through”
Reviewed August 29, 2011

We stayed at La Quinta for one night while passing through Pennsylvania. The hotel and rooms were clean, and the staff was accommodating. The breakfast was very good with hot foods like waffles, eggs and sausage. (With two kids this is important!). The bathroom was spacious but the air conditioning was quite loud when it kicked on. We tried to use the business center in the morning to print some tickets, but was told it was unavailable for about an hour because they were running a virus scan. I don't understand doing this during such a busy time in the morning. Although they did offer to get the manager, we didn't have time to wait.

The pool was adequate, dimly lit. We didn't think it had enough chlorine for a pool that gets a lot of use.

Overall, ok for one night stay, but overpriced for what they charged.

• Stayed August 2011

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Saint Paul, Minnesota
Reviewed August 24, 2011

The room was ok but in the morning, I noticed the coffee filter had not been emptied from the previous guest. The sleeping was decent so I'm glad I didn't see the uncleaned coffee machine until the morning. Some of the staff was friendly, but others were preoccupied and not really knowledgable about the area.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled solo
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Check in was easy and the woman was very friendly, our room on the other hand I wasn't so happy with. There were a few hairs/fur on the sheets, which totally grossed me out! The mirror in the bathroom was not clean- it had water splash marks and a little kids hand print. I did not complain because if it's not done right the first time then they obviously can't get it done right. The bathroom tile grout was falling apart, there was a missing tile baseboard piece, and when you turned the shower on it whistled the whole time-annoying. We stayed on the second floor and the hallway area was extremely hot. The indoor pool is very small and cold. The breakfast available was alright, nothing special though. With all the hotels options in the area, I definitely will not return here. It was also a bit further from presque then we thought it would be but that's our mistake.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, October 1, 2011
Let me take this time to apologize to you for your stay. I did research your room and the grout in bathroom was in need of attention. I did address this with maintenance staff and he did retouch up the tiles in question. As for the housekeeping issues the attendent assigned to your room was let go shortly after your posting due to her lack of required room cleaning standards. I do hope you will reconsider our property the next time your in Erie. Again, Thank You for your honest review of the property.

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

Reviewed August 5, 2011

I am actually here right now. I am writing a negative review because I have had to call the front desk twice now because there is a party going on in the exercise room right next door to me and I have been traveling all day and really need to sleep. Apparently the partying is ok because it is a 24 hour room. There are 5 teenaged girls in there making a ton of noise and there is nothing that can be done about it. This is the second terrible experience I have had at a la quinta and will never stay in one again. The only reason I an staying at one tonight is because I tried to book a room at almost every other hotel in the area and there is no vacancy. I wouldn't recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2011
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 31, 2011
I do apologize for the teenagers hanging out in the fitness center. I did research your issue and Jeannette did inform me that she personally went down and told them that they had to disperse. In the future, if you do decide to return I would ask not to be next door to the pool/fitness center. My Staff did monitor the area during your two day stay with us and it was corrected as soon as your male guest came to the front desk. I guess kids will be kids and the parents need to keep better tabs on them.
Reviewed July 30, 2011

We stayed here from July 24-28. Had a wonderful experience while here front desk staff all courteous and friendley. Our room was always clean and always had plenty of towels. We thought we were the only ones staying in the hotel as we never heard any other guests while in the room noise or from pets. Continental breakfast always had a very nice variety of things and was well stocked. The only thing we noticed was the lady who does the breakfast could have been more cheerful. We have already recommended this hotel to friends and family. We will definately stay here again. Book your stay here you will enjoy it as well.

• Stayed July 2011
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 3, 2011
I'm so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for your positive review. See you next time.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed July 29, 2011

Clean, average, overpriced and bathroom was dated but clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank You for your review. The bathrooms are getting new tub surrounds in the near future. As for pricing, please keep in mind that all hotels are in the very busy peak summer season, which as with supply and demand the rates do go up until after Labor Day. I always tell guests to book early out and save. If you wait until last minute you will not get the lowest pricing. I'm glad your room and bathroom were clean. Have a great summer. Hope to see you again.
New Buffalo, Michigan
Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stopped here coming and going from our vacation, with 7 days between each stay.

On the weak side: The lobby, breakfast area and hallways were very hot-there seemed to be no A/C in these areas; the fold out couch was missing linens or blankets so we had to visit the front desks both nights; the woman stocking the breakfast area hated her job and you could see it on her face.

On the strong side: Front desk personnel were fast, friendly and helpful; rooms and hallways were clean, bright and fresh; linens were crisp and pillows were fluffy (if you like a flat pillow, you may have to ask); breakfast had a lot of variety.

We do not expect perfection and very much like stopping here. We have stayed here for other vacations and will do so next year when we pass through Erie again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
I have addressed the Lobby, Hallway A/C Issues with my boss last week. He was here during the heatwave and experienced the on going problem first hand. Usually he comes in Fall when it's cold. It's not a quick fix, but I'm working with LaQuinta Corp. to get this fixed by next summer. This is a major issue that will be addressed. I'm glad you posted that staff are consistent and that you enjoy coming back to LQ-Erie all the time. Even when you sweat bullets until you get to your cold room..... "Were here for you"....no hotel is perfect, but as long as we learn from our mistakes and correct them...that's the most important statement you can make on this site. "Word of Mouth" is so important in this Industry...as all of you viewers can see!!!! See ya next time. Thanks for being honest.

Paul D. Ruby