“ok but over priced”

Ranked #19 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Ontario, Canada
“ok but over priced”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2011

Clean, average, overpriced and bathroom was dated but clean.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, August 4, 2011
Thank You for your review. The bathrooms are getting new tub surrounds in the near future. As for pricing, please keep in mind that all hotels are in the very busy peak summer season, which as with supply and demand the rates do go up until after Labor Day. I always tell guests to book early out and save. If you wait until last minute you will not get the lowest pricing. I'm glad your room and bathroom were clean. Have a great summer. Hope to see you again.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
New Buffalo, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2011

We stopped here coming and going from our vacation, with 7 days between each stay.

On the weak side: The lobby, breakfast area and hallways were very hot-there seemed to be no A/C in these areas; the fold out couch was missing linens or blankets so we had to visit the front desks both nights; the woman stocking the breakfast area hated her job and you could see it on her face.

On the strong side: Front desk personnel were fast, friendly and helpful; rooms and hallways were clean, bright and fresh; linens were crisp and pillows were fluffy (if you like a flat pillow, you may have to ask); breakfast had a lot of variety.

We do not expect perfection and very much like stopping here. We have stayed here for other vacations and will do so next year when we pass through Erie again.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 30, 2011
I have addressed the Lobby, Hallway A/C Issues with my boss last week. He was here during the heatwave and experienced the on going problem first hand. Usually he comes in Fall when it's cold. It's not a quick fix, but I'm working with LaQuinta Corp. to get this fixed by next summer. This is a major issue that will be addressed. I'm glad you posted that staff are consistent and that you enjoy coming back to LQ-Erie all the time. Even when you sweat bullets until you get to your cold room..... "Were here for you"....no hotel is perfect, but as long as we learn from our mistakes and correct them...that's the most important statement you can make on this site. "Word of Mouth" is so important in this Industry...as all of you viewers can see!!!! See ya next time. Thanks for being honest.

Paul D. Ruby
GM
AKRON,OHIO
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2011

easy to find, easy check in and the dog had a big area to walk in, also a big room for the hubby, thanks la quinta

2 Thank JAKE053
Thanks for choosing our property. I know you must've read all prior postings up until your stay....This means alot to me and all my staff. You had a choice... made your decision and you enjoyed the stay at LaQuinta, Erie. See you all next time. Enjoy the rest of your summer.
Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

Landed in Erie after an 11 hour ride, eager for a chance to stretch my legs for a run. Went to the exercise room - one machine taken, two left....neither working. Went to the front desk to ask if they were operational. One man, one woman at the desk, with one customer checking in. Waited 5 minutes without an acknowledgement that I was waiting - no hello, nod, wink, wave, smoke signal. The woman diligently checked the customer in, the man, well, shuffled papers. It would have taken literally 3 seconds of his time to help me, however the paint drying must have been more important. Once the guest was checked in, I explained myself to the female employee. She asked me to wait, as the male employee would have to help me with a fuse. At this point, he had taken a phone call....from a person reading a review on TripAdvisor about BEDBUGS. I sat there, not three feet from him, as he spent 15 minutes on the phone pleading his case that the hotel did not have bedbugs. He stated "the guests that complained must have lost at the casino", they "were comped by the casino and as such were not paying guests", that "TripAdvisor makes any complaint nearly impossible to remove", that "they planted a bug on the pillow". Regardless if your establishment does or does not have bedbugs, talking about this in front of a paying customer currently staying at your hotel is completely unprofessional. Take it to your office. Acknowledge the person standing 3 feet from you. Don't throw previous customers under the bus - alleged liars or not. Shoddiest customer service I have ever seen. Shame on you.

Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
3 Thank MiniCoopBeepBeep
You are correct...Shame on me!!! I did act unprofessional. I'm human and I was upset about the recent posting about BEDBUGS at my property. I'm proud to tell any guest that I treat my hotel twice a year and do regular monitoring of these nasty critters. This site is so important to my hotels' reputation and I was getting call after call about it that day...no excuse. I have nothing to hide when it comes to telling guests that I don't have them and yes I should've taken it in my office. I'm sorry. The fitness treadmills are fixed. They are brand new and I even supply ear buds to guests, so they can watch TV while jogging away on the state of art treadmills. I hope you will retry my property the next time your in Erie. I guess everything else was fine?(room,etc?) This goes to show all the GM'S and owners that this site is very important to your hotels' reputation...I do care about what all you folks say about our LaQuinta in Erie,Pa. Once again...I do apologize. That's not how I run my property. Been here two years and I respond to everyone...good or bad. I do admit I make errors. Hope you will come back. I'll prove you wrong. Thanks. PS...I wish, I had time to watch paint drying on a wall...lol

Paul D. Ruby
GM

Travelers are raving about these Erie hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We chose the LaQuinta because it is pet friendly and the trip advisor reviews were generally good. The hotel had been recently renovated and everything looked new and fresh. The staff was very pleasant, there was ample parking, and the pet area was clean - not always the case. All in all, we were pleased and plan a future trip with our two grandaughters when we visit Presqe Isle later this Summer.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 22, 2011
After the last two reviews....this is a breath of fresh air. I'm so glad you folks enjoyed your stay. Rest assured also this property has no bed bugs. I get treated twice a year and I did respond to the other review but it hasn't posted yet. You can always go onto ------ to see every hotel in the country that has had them....mines never been on there. Enjoy the rest of your summer. See you next time.
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 21, 2011

We selected to stay at the hotel because of the good reviews. We were there July of 15-17 2011.We checked in by 5pm but we called at 3pm to make them aware that we will be late and asked to reserve the room on opposite side to the pool due to noises. Staff said to take our time the room will be ready when we get there. Unfortunatully the toilet, tub, sink and the fridge were dirty. I reported to staff there were supprised, there asked if we will be going out so that they can use the time to clean. We left around 6pm and we let them knew as we were living, when we came back at 9pm nothing was touched and was dirty as we left them. Unfortunatully we had stuff to put in the fidge so we cleaned it and other place because we had to use them.The worse thing was the next day we meet with the staff, they acted like nothing happen. ???????.
I happen to find that the house keepers did'nt had a toiled bowl blush while cleaning.
The swimming pool is small to swim more than 5 people at once. The only thing different was you can make your own fresh waffles at breakfast time.
Unless you want a jaccuzi room, there is Red roof inn hotel opposite to this hotel you will get the better service for better price.

Room Tip: We stayed in Jaccuzi suit despite the dirtness, after we cleaned we enjoyed the jaccuzi.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
This is the first I heard of this. I'm surprised. I don't run my property like this and would like you to contact me, so I can get this addressed. I've worked very hard to turn this hotel around in the last two years and I will make changes pronto. Please call me, so I can take corrective action with the staff. I'm truly sorry about your experience and want to make it right. Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention.
Canfield, Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 17, 2011

Booked a night at La Quinta knowing it was not going to be a 4 star hotel but needed a place to stay for the 1/2 marathon in Erie. We arrived and thought it wasnt too bad until we pulled back the covers and saw a bug. I then pulled all the sheets and saw tons of bed bugs on the matress pad. If this wasnt bad enough we only had the option to check out with no other rooms available in Erie due to many things going on, so we were stranded! There was no manager on duty and the girl at the desk was talking with him on the phone and I requested to talk to him and he refused to get on the phone with me. I never go a "Sorry " or anything. Seems that maybe he missed out on customer service 101. If the thought of bugs doesnt keep you away the lack of customer service and down right ignorance of the management definitely should.

2 Thank Cindyrn2120
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, July 27, 2011
I investigated your claim with Maggie and she informed me that you requested another room, because the room smelled like smoke. The hotel was completely booked. I did have the room put out of order and had my local pest company come in and it was bug free. I have that receipt if you want it. I can't get a hold of you since your stay was booked by casino and they paid for it. This property is treated twice a year for bed bugs(Spring&Fall). The residual last for up to four months after spraying. I'm here for you, but you havn't even called since posting this review?