“Fantastic stay! A great stay at a great value!”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed June 23, 2011

Very Happy with La Quinta in Erie, PA. We went for leasure purposes. This hotel is located on the same exit as Presque Isle Casino. The staff was very friendly and kindly allowed my husband and I to check in early. The room was very clean. The breakfast had a nice variety of offerings- waffles, eggs, sausage, bagels, muffins, yogurts, juices, coffees etc. The indoor pool was just right! Exercise room located near pool. We will return many times to this hotel. We really enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay. I've been been switching around my breakfast items to give the guests a variety to choose from. It's a never ending battle to please everyone when it comes to the food items. Alway's up for suggestions. Thanks!

Reviewed June 13, 2011

A couple of times a year, girlfriends and I like to go on shopping weekends. This time we found ourselves at La Quinta. Hotel was clean, accomodating for requests, staff was extremely pleasant, breakfast was good and fresh. No complaints here, in fact we plan on going there again when we go back to Erie for shopping!

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled with friends
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded June 14, 2011

So glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I have posted your comments for all the staff to read. See you next time.

Reviewed June 12, 2011

This hotel is totally non-smoking. The staff is super friendly.The complimentary breakfast bar had a good variety to choose from. The rooms were clean and the beds were very comfortable. Our room was on the first floor and it was quiet.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple

Thank You for the positive review. I do have a great staff. Took awhile to find them, but it's showing now.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

My family and I stayed overnight recently. We arrived to a hot room that took a while to cool and it was a hot day. The room was average, the bed offers two sheets and a thin blanket with hard pillows. I went downstairs to request a few blankets and was told they had only one extra. I am unsure of this hotel's capacity but I hardly think one extra blanket is enough. We requested a roll-a-way bed and were told we would receive a phone call from downstairs when the bed was made up and ready. Almost three hours later(way past my son's bed time), the bed arrived. In my opinion, more personnel is needed at night. The employee at the front desk was slammed with incoming guests and had no time to take care of this task. It wasn't her fault as she was operating to the best of her ability. The halls aren't air conditioned so you walk out of your room into a heatwave. The breakfast was average. The employee did a fantastic job of keeping the area stocked. The housekeeping staff was super friendly. It was quiet, even though we were beside the elevator. We were able to bring our dog in with no deposit, which never happens. Overall, I would say this hotel is average if not a bit below due to staffing issues.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank gjmomof3
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2011

I welcome your review of the property. This is how I can improve on making our guests comfortable. I will add on another desk agent, especially when it's a busy day. As for the hot room, I have now instructed all housekeepers to set the A/C on low, so the room will be cool upon walking in. The hallway situation is not a quick fix. I'm working on that with Corp. But I will make sure all guests atleast walk into a cool room, not hot and stuffy. See you next time.

Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had a fun one-night stay at the LaQuinta. The room was spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent and we got free credits for the casino down the road (Profit: $23.) On the down side, the walls were very thin and the access from I-79 was a bit odd.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

So glad you folks enjoyed your stay with us. " Were here for you " I will share your review with all my staff. Thanks Again!

Reviewed May 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. The room was a nice size and quite comfortable. Despite being a busy weekend, the room was quiet. I didn't hear anyone next door or in the hall the whole time. Beds are pretty comfortable and the room was nice and clean, including the bathroom. One thing I liked the best was that the bath towels were a nice size to wrap around you and actually cover you. I rarely find this to be the case in chain hotels. There was also a nice big granite counter by the fridge/microwave, not just a tiny area like you usually see. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled as a couple

Sure glad you enjoyed those comfy large towels. I really do have a great housekeeping staff. They are taking pride in the way our rooms are being cleaned. I realize how much word of mouth means when your looking for a clean, comfortable hotel to stay in. Glad you decided on LaQuinta over all the other brands around the Erie Area.

Reviewed March 24, 2011

Went to Erie (Peach Street) with friends for shopping and stayed two nights here. This hotel is located one exit away from Peach Street but their pricing was much better. Great hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends