“Decent room for the money.”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie
Ranked #21 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Denver, Colorado
“Decent room for the money.”
Reviewed May 30, 2011

My family and I stayed overnight recently. We arrived to a hot room that took a while to cool and it was a hot day. The room was average, the bed offers two sheets and a thin blanket with hard pillows. I went downstairs to request a few blankets and was told they had only one extra. I am unsure of this hotel's capacity but I hardly think one extra blanket is enough. We requested a roll-a-way bed and were told we would receive a phone call from downstairs when the bed was made up and ready. Almost three hours later(way past my son's bed time), the bed arrived. In my opinion, more personnel is needed at night. The employee at the front desk was slammed with incoming guests and had no time to take care of this task. It wasn't her fault as she was operating to the best of her ability. The halls aren't air conditioned so you walk out of your room into a heatwave. The breakfast was average. The employee did a fantastic job of keeping the area stocked. The housekeeping staff was super friendly. It was quiet, even though we were beside the elevator. We were able to bring our dog in with no deposit, which never happens. Overall, I would say this hotel is average if not a bit below due to staffing issues.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank gjmomof3
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, May 31, 2011
I welcome your review of the property. This is how I can improve on making our guests comfortable. I will add on another desk agent, especially when it's a busy day. As for the hot room, I have now instructed all housekeepers to set the A/C on low, so the room will be cool upon walking in. The hallway situation is not a quick fix. I'm working on that with Corp. But I will make sure all guests atleast walk into a cool room, not hot and stuffy. See you next time.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (70)
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Reviewed May 30, 2011

We had a fun one-night stay at the LaQuinta. The room was spacious and clean, breakfast was excellent and we got free credits for the casino down the road (Profit: $23.) On the down side, the walls were very thin and the access from I-79 was a bit odd.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
So glad you folks enjoyed your stay with us. " Were here for you " I will share your review with all my staff. Thanks Again!
Georgetown, Canada
Reviewed May 29, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at La Quinta. The room was a nice size and quite comfortable. Despite being a busy weekend, the room was quiet. I didn't hear anyone next door or in the hall the whole time. Beds are pretty comfortable and the room was nice and clean, including the bathroom. One thing I liked the best was that the bath towels were a nice size to wrap around you and actually cover you. I rarely find this to be the case in chain hotels. There was also a nice big granite counter by the fridge/microwave, not just a tiny area like you usually see. We'd stay here again.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled as a couple
Sure glad you enjoyed those comfy large towels. I really do have a great housekeeping staff. They are taking pride in the way our rooms are being cleaned. I realize how much word of mouth means when your looking for a clean, comfortable hotel to stay in. Glad you decided on LaQuinta over all the other brands around the Erie Area.
Florence, Kentucky
Reviewed March 24, 2011

Went to Erie (Peach Street) with friends for shopping and stayed two nights here. This hotel is located one exit away from Peach Street but their pricing was much better. Great hotel and will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with friends
Bradford, PA
Reviewed February 23, 2011

Anyone who is considering staying here should know that the hotel is pet friendly, which is great if you are traveling with a pet. But if you are staying for leisure purposes you should know that one of those small yippie dogs may wake you at 7 am because the owners left it in the room and went to breakfast.
Other than that incident, it was clean, comfortable and the staff was friendly. Only one exit from Erie so going into town for dinner/shopping was easy.

• Stayed February 2011, traveled as a couple
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, February 24, 2011
Thanks for the positive review. We are pet friendly here, but we try to make sure the pets are as little disturbance to other guests. Please notify staff if they are distrupting your stay. We will contact the owners at once. They have to sign agreement when they arrive.
Toronto
Reviewed February 1, 2011

My wife and I spend 3 nights in Erie, PA for a little get-a-way. We like Erie because it is only a little over 1hr from Buffalo/Niagara Falls, and there is no sales tax on clothes in PA! Local shops give extra discounts to Canadians, too.

We choose La Quinta based on the reviews on Tripadvisor and the great rate we got when booking online!

This hotel is very easy to find, as it is at the first Erie exit when on 90, west bound.
When we arrived, the nightman was pleasant and very helpful.
When we got to our room, I was VERY impressed for a number of reasons:
1) On the online booking I had asked for a room on the 2nd floor, end of hallway, facing the highway. We got exactly when we asked for!!! Wonderful!
2) The room was much bigger than we expected. We knew it came with a microwave and a bar fridge, but we also got counter space, cupboards and a living room area.
3) The bed was very comfortable, though the pillows were an odd square shape.

We very much enjoyed the breakfast buffet all three mornings. Lots of hot and cold options, all in a nicely decorated cafe-style foyer with a working gas fireplace. Very 'homey' to sit next to the fire and enjoy a homemade waffle and tea.

The hotel features an indoor pool, not huge, but very clean and enjoyable.

The hotel also gives each adult guest a $7 voucher each day for use at the city's 24hr casino (located literally 3 blocks away). We took advantage of it and were amazed to have the casino credit us an additional $10/person for our first day at the casino!

The hotel staff were all very professional, happy and friendly. We had the honour one morning of the hotel manager cleaning up in the breakfast area! It was a morning when some parents used the hotels waffle-makers as their babysitter. After we watched the kids make enough waffles to feed an army, the manager came over and fixed the situation right away. :)

If you are looking for a near-by for dinner or a late-night place for drinks, this exit doesn't have much besides fast-food and gas station 'to go' food. There is a bar across the street, but unless you are missing most of your front teeth, I wouldn't bother---seriously. Head just one exit up (Peach Street) and there are tons of places, many open late.

All around this hotel is wonderful. We had a great experience and do plan to stay again. We have already told some friends that this is the place to stay when in Erie!

The hotel also offers free internet in your room, free newspaper each day in foyer and is pet friendly. Never used the fitness centre or the business centre.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
3 Thank MrToronto
Thanks so much for staying with us. I do know who you are. We had a nice conversation in the breakfast area. Glad you finally got to try the waffles after all..lol. See you folks the next time.
Oswego, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2011

I came to Erie with my husband for a New Years Eve party//family reunion. Check in went smoothly with the young lady at the desk who answered our questions about various things. We found the rooms neat and clean and the beds comfortable. The price was a little more stiff then a motel 6 or 8 would be but they don't offer as many amenities either and I chalk some of it up to the holidays.

I arrived back at the hotel late with my husband a bit tipsy from the celebrating and we did get a bit loud. The gentleman working that night quieted my husband down like without leaving us feeling offended or put out in anyway. (That takes a skilled hand lol. )The breakfast was wonderful. The eggs were a bit ?EH? but the rest of the crusine more than made up for it and the waffle machine is a nifty and unique touch. Well done! We will definitely be coming back when I visit my family.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Jen P
lq6247gm, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Erie, responded to this review, January 19, 2011
I'm so glad you brought in the New Years with us. I will let all my staff read this review. Glad you enjoyed your stay. See you next time.