“Erie's Gem ”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate here after our engagement with my family. The soups are wonderful! Everyone really enjoyed there meals. It is so nice inside and the outside deck is even better, covered in ivy over looking the lake. The prices are very fair. Really like this place and continue to come back when we visit.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

After enjoying our day at Presque Isle, my hubby and I were ready for supper. The GPS brought up a number of restaurants. We chose one. The drive there was pleasant as Erie has really changed since we last visited some 20 years ago. When we arrived at the place we had chosen, we soon realized that getting seated was going to involve a long wait. Homecoming as well as a wedding reception filled the place! Soooo, now what? Directly across the street was looked like a "we're uncertain that we want to eat there" kind of place. Ohhh, let's throw caution to the wind! Smuggler's Wharf was delightful! The hostess, the waitress, the food! Oh, we sat outside and entertained ourselves by watching all of the young people all dressed up and the bridal party!! What more could we have asked for. I did mention the food, didn't I? Delicious!! We won't wait another 20 years to return, either.

Reviewed November 11, 2013

I was hoping for more seafood selections. I got blackened mahi mahi which was served with 2 sides. If you wanted a dinner salad as one of the two sides, you had to pay $1.95 extra. Considering the dinner was $19.99, you would think a dinner salad could be included. Also, no rolls or bread were served with the entrees. Overall, the food was good,but nothing spectacular.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

It seemed a little upscale at first, but the prices aren't bad considering the amount of food you get. The food was pretty good - not amazing, but good. Awesome views, inside and out.

Reviewed September 30, 2013

We were staying in Presque Isle and visited the downtown area of Erie. I ordered the house specialty-crab cakes and my husband had the yellow perch. Both just terrific!

The beer was seasonal and tasty also.

We recommend highly that you visit this place with a great view of Lake Erie.

Been to Smuggler's Wharf? Share your experiences!