“Wonderful professional staff & customer service, clean, affordable”

Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Wonderful professional staff & customer service, clean, affordable”
Reviewed September 8, 2010

Very friendly staff ALL around! I was very pleased with my stay and would recommend this hotel to anyone. The rooms and hotel in general are very clean and up to date.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (107)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed September 5, 2010

Traveled with my wife, 14 yr old daughter and 12 yr old son. We needed a "stop over" place for the night and after reading many different reviews on various hotels in Erie and other stops along the way (from DC towards Buffalo), I crossed my fingers and chose this one. The place was clean, comfortable, and spacious. The morning breakfast was varied and good. The shower and bathroom were more in line with those found in a Hyatt or Marriott. Everything met or exceeded expectations - the whole family agreed. There were numerous choices of hotels in this concentrated area. Based on my experience, I would stay here again, no hesitation.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed August 27, 2010

Overall, a great experience. Efficient with checking in and out. Beds are very comfortable and they do their part to reduce waste in the rooms. Complimentary breakfast also has a fairly good selection. If you enjoy drinking bold coffee (like myself) prepare to go to Starbuck's because the coffee is very weak.
The only concern was the pool. The deck was very wet all the time. Young children could easily slip and fall. It would have been nice to see more consistent maintenance in the pool area.
Would stay again at this hotel or the same hotel in another city.

Delaware, Ohio
Reviewed August 26, 2010

Hey, I liked this place. Rooms were clean and bright. Place looks new. Located off of Peach St, the busiest street in Erie. We actually had a free coupon for the room but I'd pay actual US currency to stay here again. We only stayed one night. They have a cattle call breakfast but we opted to pick up Mighty Fine donuts picked up the night before and didn't partake in the breakfast. Get some Mighty Fine donuts.They are good. I did get coffee but it was so so. I would stay here again no problem. I'd even let my mom stay here.

New York City, New York
Reviewed August 25, 2010

In town for the weekend. Great location close to resturants and attractions. The hotel was clean and staff was wonderful. Our room was close to the highway. Didn't hear the traffic due to sound of air conditioner. Internet connection although free was slow. Breakfast was free so not what you would consider a great breakfast. biggest complaint would be the price quoted over the phone was not the price at time of check in. I asked if the rate changed for the weekend. Was assured it didn't. But, yes it did. Didn't have my confirmation number so I couldn't dispute it. Still was a good value. Not being given correct price information was not good business.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank 60763Lynn
monongahela
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Our family travels quite regularly and we never know what to expect from a hotel! I chose this hotel based on the reviews! The room was clean and updated. The bed was very spacious and comfortable The staff was ever so courteous and extremely accommodating! They provide a delectable free breakfast for all to enjoy! I would definitely stay again and recommend this hotel to others. I wish I could say this about other hotels we have stayed at!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Great room with plenty of lights Everything you need with great staff

Breakfast was extensive and high quality food would stay there again in a minute