“the Sarah Hockey tourney” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Wingate by Wyndham Erie

Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #8 of 37 Hotels in Erie

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
West Seneca
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Hotel was close to everything including most area rinks. Hotel staff was very accomodating and thorough. Free breakfast buffet was an added bonus. Rooms were very nice and clean. Only issue was hazard of wet smooth tiled floors being very slippery throughout hotel, especially at main entrance.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Columbus, Ohio
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

This hotel claims to be built for buisness. This hotel is built for whomever will pay them the most amount of money for the least work possible. They sure didn't care about buisness travelers, they only seemed to care about them when Splash Lagoon patrons & Family First sports teams weren't there. Even that was a bare minimum.
One of the worst buisness centers I have ever been in. There were several Internet interuptions/shut downs. Printer didnt work. Staff milling about on computer, which might account for some of the reviews and the condesending responses. I wonder if Megan Quiggly will let me know she's sooooo sorry & sooooo sorry that their price of the room with children running in the halls till 4am, doesn't make me a happy camper or fit my budget. Over priced with no sleep is not my idea of a hotel stay. I find myself reading these reviews and not participating. I depended on the reviews about this hotel, I feel they are false, so I signed up just to write this review to warn other travelers who depend on these reviews. The few bad reviews on here depict the hotel, the rest of the reviews are the exact opposite of what really happens. I noticed that all of the responses ask if you have notified management. It doesn't look like the management takes anything from the comments.
This hotel needs a extensive cleaning. Especially the pool! Beware of entering the hotel when it's wet or snowy out you will fall.
As for the breakfast, unless you are going to eat breakfast as soon as it opens, plan on waiting for the eggs and meat or being told that they are out of items over and hour before breakfast is over. Expect to see other patrons ask for items and their requests to be met with eye rolling and a put upon response.
All of the staff in this hotel are not in uniform, have a bad attitude and make it seem like you are interupting their down time, that is if they are ever behind the front desk.
Don't plan on watching tv while you stay here there are a few channels that aren't sports.
I ended up checking out early due to kids running up and down the hall. Staff response at 3:30 am is aren't you with the group no I respond well your room is next to them. My response are you going to address this response back well it's a pretty big team I'm not sure what to do. I tell this to check out clerk working with a manager she laughs and I hear it gets crazy with all the teams. This was also delayed over 45 min while a woman was working out an issue of being double billed for a room and even the management not knowing how to correct her issue. You would be better off booking down the street at the any value hotel, you will get a better price & a cleaner room.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank frequent_travel6
Guy S, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Erie, responded to this review, February 5, 2013
I am truly sorry your experience here was less than pleasant and I thank you so much for letting us know, as we do strive to take any criticisms seriously and work to mitigate any conditions that are adverse to conducting business here. That said; let me try my best to address your concerns;

Early last year the Wingate by Wyndham brand changed its marketing campaign to target the greater traveling public. As a result since that time the brands Service Mark has been “Built for Work, Built for Play, Built for You.” Therefore while the roots of the brand were formally catering to the business traveler we are no longer solely a business hotel. But none the less we consistently strive to provide all of our customers with a world class experience.

We currently meet the required bandwidth requirements for wireless access as set forth by the brand but even with that increased bandwidth when a hotel is fully occupied as it was at the time you were here the network will be pushed to the limit and for that I truly am sorry.

I apologize that the printer did not work for you. We do have three of them in the business center and when I checked this morning two where working perfectly while one had an issue with paper loading. Typically the printers are checked several times a week to ensure they are functioning correctly and we most definitely address any challenges with them when notified by our guests.

We do acknowledge that we had several sports teams that were here at the time of your stay and as such did our best to work with the responsible parties of those teams to ensure as quiet an evening as possible for all of our guests.

We do take cleaning seriously and the vast majority of comments on this site and others are reflective of that. Our pool is inspected on a bi-weekly basis and always gets high marks. I am sorry it wasn't so when you were here.

We do try our best to have enough staff on-hand to ensure that there is enough breakfast at all times. Staffing issues do occur and we do regret the inconvenience you experienced.

The weekend you visited was extremely challenging for us, and not representative of a routine stay at the property. I hope that you do give us another opportunity to serve you better in the future.
ELMA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

I always enjoy my state at your Wingate while in Erie. The hotel is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. My only criticism is your limited television/ cable selections. As a woman traveling, I woould appreciate a better variety of viewing choices. Possibly the Food Channel or HGTV? As much as I enjoy sports, the balance seems male dominated. Golf channel would be a better choice as well.
thanks for the opportunity to share my opinion

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
      Sleep Quality
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Guy S, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Erie, responded to this review, January 29, 2013
Thanks so much for staying with us! I could not agree with you more - as soon as our current agreement is up we will have far better viewing choices! Stay tuned!!!