“our stay”

Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed September 30, 2012

first off we stayed here a few years ago and decided to come back, after our first night's stay my wife experienced insect bites on her back,
secondly upon returning to our room (thurs 09-28) @approx 7pm, we were accused of smoking and assessed a 250.00 fine, we promptly checked out and had to pay for thurs night (stay) rate and cancelled our last nights stay (09-29). Therefore our budget of hotel stay increased by over 140.00.

For what it is worth we will never recommend and/or return to this or any other wyndham hotel.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham
WingateByWyndham01, Director of Sales at Wingate by Wyndham Erie, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2012

I am so sorry your stay wasn't as fabulous as all of our other guests seem to experience! We did inspect the room immediately after your stay and found it to be bug free! We do hope the rest of your experience in Erie was great - our housekeeper was very grateful for the generous gratuity you gave her.

Reviewed September 29, 2012

The front desk staff was very friendly and helpful.The rooms were kept spotless by the cleaning staff.I would definetly recommend this hotel.

Monique

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for giving us an opportunity to show off our first class hospitality!

Reviewed September 28, 2012

The room was clean and comfortable. There were lots of towels for the three of us. The free wireless connection was very poor on the fourth floor and most of the time we couldn't get on. The breakfast was excellent with a good variety of food.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thanks so much for giving us a great opportunity to provide you with great hospitality! I am so sorry our WIFI wasn't working so great for you - we are always checking to make sure it is working everywhere! We also provide wired internet to each and every room because we have certain business clients who are not permitted to utilize WIFI because of security concerns. I am so glad you enjoyed our fabulous breakfast!!!

Reviewed September 27, 2012

When coming to Mercyhurst I find my stay to be very good. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are very clean and the beds comfortable.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thanks so much for experiencing the fabulous Wingate by Wyndham - Erie!! We are always expanding our partnership with Mercyhurst and other area educational institutions to provide fabulous and affordable hospitality!

Reviewed September 26, 2012

Stayed at this Wyndham last year for family weekend and was suggested by my sister-in-law to return again. This weekend wasn't as busy and were able to check-in early-room very clean and staff accomindating to give us ajoining rooms. The only draw back is it's located very close to the highway and at times you hear the semi noise but after a long day on campus and at the casino it didn't take long to fall asleep.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thank you so much for letting us know about your stay here at the Wingate by Wyndham - Erie!! Penn-dot is working hard to mitigate the highway noise. I am so glad you noticed how friendly and accommodating our fabulous staff is We do strive to provide first class hospitality at rates that are soooooo attractive!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

The room (1 king) was good sized and very comfortable. Especially liked the chair with ottoman. Nice supply of towels in the room. Very clean.
The air conditioner had an annoying rattle, but luckily we did not need to run it, as it was a cool evening. I wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Wingate by Wyndham

Thanks for enjoying your experience here at the Wingate by Wyndham - Erie. (our expert air conditioning engineer is always on the prowl to make sure they ALL run quietly and efficiently) I am so glad that in addition to providing you with a great stay, that you could also enjoy our perfect weather!!!

Reviewed September 24, 2012

I travel to Erie 1-2 times a year and have stayed at the Wingate each time for the last several years. I like the location right off of 90 (it sits back a little so it's pretty quiet despite being on Peach St). I like that it was always very clean. I like that is has an indoor pool. And their breakfast is quite good! And there are several stores, restaurants and gas stations in the area which can be handy. The staff this time was quite nice as usual. The lobby was clean. And again, the breakfast was good - I'm sure I'll leave something out but there was cold cereal, mini danishes, bagels, make-your-own-waffle iron, scrambled eggs, sausage links, apples, bananas (those were gone when we got there at 8am though), milk, apple and orange juice, coffee... A good start to the day! Our room however was not as clean as it has been on previous visits which disappointed me because for me, that is a huge deal! The corners of the bathroom floor had hair balls in them (you know how that gathers together. Not huge ones but still, I don't want to see it! I purposefully did not inspect the cornes of the room because the hair ball thing grosses me out. Also, the stuff that sat out (the ice tray in the bathroom - why???), the stuff on the dresser/tv stand, etc - it clearly wasn't moved when housekeeping cleaned the counter/table tops. Instead they wiped around it. I don't think that is the way they usually clean because their wasn't much build-up but even one or two cleaing instances such as that is noticeable. And the ice bucket - the lid needed ran thru a dishwasher as gunk was in the crevices. And the exhaust fan in the bathroom was caked with chunks of dust. That said, it wasn't bad as you probably imagining if you're reading this. As I said, it wasn't weeks of accumulation of dirt. Rather more indicative of one lazy housekeeper. And it's smaller things that they can easily address. Perhaps counseling just one person would remedy it. Except the ceiling vent. And that seems a problem many places for some reason. Really, do people never look up??? I will stay there again because I like the location and I hate to let one not-so great visit ruin 6 years of good visits.

Room Tip: We were on the highway side but really didn't hear the highway noise. It was very quiet. We we...