“Excellent, clean, friendly hotel”

Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed August 23, 2012

Took a shopping trip here with the family for a few days. The hotel was clean, the staff were pleasant, and the included breakfast was good (make your own waffles is always fun). The pool/hot tub was a great way to unwind after a day of walking. The shower was very nice, and at no time did we ever smell cigarette smoke in yhe halls or our room. As with all the hotels in the area, highway noise can be noticeable, but packing a sleep white noise machine always assists with that. Would stay here again.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Reviewed August 21, 2012

Great breakfast. Everything else super except loud A/C unit on room. I guess I could have requested another, but we just crashed for 1 night. Reasonable room rate also. I would stay here again if I checked out the A/C unit first...

Reviewed August 20, 2012

we stayed at the hotel in mid-august with our 2 children. the room was a good size for us. we had room to put up our pack-n-play for our youngest and there was still room to move around. the room came with a small fridge and microwave, which was great! we were on the 3rd floor. the pool is great (indoor) and the hot breakfast is also very good. it does get crowded in the main lobby seating area, however, they had an "overflow" room for extra seating. the staff was constantly keeping food out. they never seemed to be out of anything. there is coffee, tea and hot chocolate available 24 hrs. day in the lobby. they also put out popcorn in the evenings, which is a nice treat for the kids. the room was clean as was the bathroom. the housekeeping staff is funny. they "arranged" our kids stuffed animals on the beds when they cleaned the room!

my only real negative with this hotel is its location (which they can't help). we came up for the beach and the hotel is located about 8 or 9 miles from presque isle where the beaches are located. normally this would equate to a 10-12 minute drive, however, they are doing road construction all around the hotel's location and it took us a good 20 minutes to get to the beach everyday. there are a TON of restaurants right near this hotel, as well as shopping centers. overall, it is a good hotel and i would recommend it!

Reviewed August 17, 2012

The 4 of us stayed at the Wingate for 2 days in room 404 and we had only 1 minor issue with our stay. On Wednesday we left our room at 10am and came back at 11:30pm and housekeeping only made the beds. Left our dirty towels right where we put all of them and didn't replace the shampoos or soaps. We were rather disappointed in the housekeeping staff; however, the night front desk clerk was nice enough to get us some fresh towels and took care of us.

The front desk was very nice and helpful. They allowed us to check in a little early which was a great help to us. The room was clean and comfortable when we first walked in. Additionally, the beds and pillows were very comfortable too. One of the odd things about our room was that we could not close the large curtains to darken the room at night. Only the white shear curtains would close.

One of the other great things about the hotel is its location. It was close to entertainment and to an abundance of food selections on Peach Street.

The front desk staff, location, room and even the free continental breakfast would make me book a room here again. Nice place for a quick rest or a short vacation.

Reviewed August 14, 2012

Our stay their was great. It was clean and comfortable and the staff was very accommodating and helpful. It was decently priced and well worth the money. Great location, very close to a lot of attractions.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Looked for a handicapped accessible accommodation. Wingate offered an accessible room that was perfect for our needs. After we had unpacked we asked about area restaurants and found all major chains are nearby.
I was very impressed with the cleanliness of the room and the comfort of the bed and bedding. The air conditioning was quiet - a big plus for me. The bathroom had a tub - a roll in shower would have been preferable, but all-in-all this was a hotel I would recommend to my friends.
I based by selection on tripadvisor reviews - thank you. We were not disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Mercy007
Reviewed August 13, 2012

I booked 2 nights in a room with a king bed and pull out sofa. The room was nice and clean other than some iron burn marks on some fabric of a stool. The bathroom was rather small. If it was just my husband and I it wouldn't have been much of an issue but with 2 little girls coming in and out while I was in there, it got crowded and the door opened in so that it was hard to get out of the doors way to go out when more than one person was in the bathroom. It was nice having a fridge, microwave and coffee pot in the room and the coffee was actually pretty good. The small fridge did not have a freezer (usually small fridges like this have a tiny freezer section) which wasn't a huge issue but when I went to put an ice pack in the freezer I realized there wasn't one. The pool is pretty small and was crowded when we went. The hot tub was nice. This hotel is right next to an interstate. And our room was at the end closest to the interstate. I kept the fan on all night but I could still hear the traffic noise, which I am not used to, and it kept me awake the majority of the first night. This is when I tried sleeping on the pullout sofa further from the window but I could still hear the traffic and was incredibly uncomfortable. Good thing my daughter's don't care much about comfort while they sleep.

Room Tip: Request a room farthest from interstate