“The one thing they can't control”

Wingate by Wyndham Erie
Ranked #10 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed June 19, 2012

The rooms are clean and comfortable the value so so though it was about as reasonable as anything else around if you need to stay here. The one thing they can't control is the road noise, as the property sits just off the interstate there was a lot of road noise so if this bothers you don't stay. I also was bothered by little things, the floor in the elevator was damaged and the internet it the room was slow and spotty. I'd probably stay again for the cleanliness but would look at others farther from the road.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Letsroadtrip
Write a ReviewReviews (1,542)

Reviewed June 15, 2012

My girlfriend and I went to Erie shopping for a weekend, and we decided to try Hotwire.com and see where we could get the best rate and see if it's all its hyped up to be.

We ended up booking a king room at the Wingate for $105. We saved maybe $20 overall, but nonetheless, money was saved.

The hotel was fantastic, clean, quiet, concierge was helpful and friendly. The continental breakfast each morning was also very nice too, lots of variety!

The only few complaints I had, our ice bucket had mold on the inside (no problem, concierge sent a new one up right away), we had booked a king room, but when we got there they only had 2 double beds. I wasnt the happiest when i was told i didnt have a choice, but I wish hotwire had communicated to the hotel what was booked to prevent further issues.

Apart from that, place was great! close proximity to everything, yet tucked away in its own world too.

Room Tip: don't bother booking through hotwire, the $20 you save might as well get you the room that you a...
  • Stayed: April 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Scott D
Reviewed June 15, 2012

I will never trust this site again. This was basically a glorified motel. I guess eveything is relative - we are used to staying at much nicer places. If this is the third best hotel I am shocked.

This was clean enough for the most part although the elevator was muddy and dirty

The towels were dingy and ragged

it was so noisy - SO close to the freeway and the air conditioner was exceptionally loud all night - the walls were so thin I heard the person next door sneezing and the doors seem to slam ever louder than usual in a hotel!

The breakfast was nice but that is the best I can say about this hotel. Had we planned sooner we would have stayed at a Marriott as we usually do

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Jane A
Reviewed June 5, 2012

We stayed at the Wingate for one night--appeared to be relatively new property---bathroom and room were immaculate. Fast internet access in the room and they honored our request of a top floor room. My husband's only complaint was that there were not more premium tv channels to pick from---a man thing! Price of $87.00 + tax was excellent. Front desk clerk, Jeff was extremely helpful guiding us to hotel by phone.

Room Tip: upper floor away from elevator
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Proseco
Reviewed May 31, 2012

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank John D
Reviewed May 22, 2012

I stayed here for 1 night and had no problems with my visit. Check-in was prompt and desk agent was friendly which was nice to see at 11pm. The room was clean, bathroom/shower looked nice and plenty of towels.

The free wifi was easy to sign on to but speeds were not that great, I was getting download speeds around 900k and sometimes peaked at 1.3mb. it's good enough to check mail and surf the web.

We didn't have time for breakfast in the morning but they had a nice little sampling of waffles, cereal, yogurt and juices available.

Check google maps on the location of the hotel and you will have no problems getting there, it is kind of odd how you get there but once you see it on the map it makes sense then.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank travel23
Reviewed May 14, 2012

I have to say this hotel was the cleanest hotel I have stayed at in years. My husband and I stayed one night here in a king room and we were so impressed, not with just the cleanliness but with the service also. The staff was friendly and helpful and the breakfast was great!. The bed was very comfortable. I cant say anything bad about this place. Everything was very close to perfect. Just wish every hotel was this nice. I really feel it was money well spent! I would definitely stay here again. Keep up the good work staff! We dont have many of you left out there!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple