“Great Stay”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Mississauga, Canada
“Great Stay”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

We stayed overnight at Spring Hill Suites in Erie. Our check-in was quick, no hassles whatsoever. Hotel looks to be new and is right across the street from the mall, many options for dining in the area as well. Clean room, LCD TV, microwave and mini fridge. The furniture seems to be a bit worn out. Clean bed and everything was working. Free wifi was good to have, it was slow but it wasn't fast either, I have seen worse though. My only complaint was the complimentary breakfast was nothing great. I have had complimentary breakfast at lower star hotels that had many more options (including hot food) and better tasting food, I was quite surprised by this. Did not have the time to try out the pool. Overall would recommend staying again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
adamwightman, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
wilsonscott12,

I am pleased to hear that you had a great stay with us! Thank you for taking the time to leave your comments on our hotel, we greatly appreciate your feedback! I look forward to seeing you again soon!

AGM

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (103)
Holly Springs, North Carolina
Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

I only stayed one night but could have stayed a week. My room was perfectly manicured and equipped, I even had a jacuzzi tub right in the middle. The bed was memory foam and very comfortable. Two flat screens also greeted me; I could watch two football games at the same time!

The only little things I saw were how about some bubble bath for the giant tub? I also found that the poor woman running the breakfast bar needed help. She was doing everything herself and could not do routine tasks like emptying the trash or cleaning the tables. The trash cans were overflowing and the woman was obviously overwhelmed with the size of feeding and cleaning up for tons of guests.

Lasty Marriott, how about making your Internet easier to navigate? You have to go through three screens in order to log in. At most hotels it is one!

Great place....will stay again.

• Stayed August 2013
Anthony G,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel. I greatly appreciate your feedback in regards to the breakfast operation and your internet experience; this gives us the opportunity to work towards exceeding your expectations next time. I hope to see you again soon!

Buffalo, New York
Reviewed August 28, 2013

This hotel is in a great location. Right across from the mall, 15 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes from Splash Lagoon. The rooms were spacious and very clean. Staff was very friendly and we would definitely stay here again.

LynnMarieP16,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and staff! I am pleased to hear that our location works perfectly for you. I look forward to seeing you again soon!

Rochester, Michigan
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Room 304 had loud clanging noises late at night and early in the morning. We asked to change rooms and were told no problem after 3:00. That afternoon, when we returned to get our new room, they gave us a hard time. 2 front desk people and 1 cleaning staff member were being less than courteous and refusing to help us. Finally they gave us a new room. We were paying customers and just wanted a quiet room to stay in.

Room Tip: Don't take room 304.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
MMeghan M ,

I apologize the room transition didn’t go smoothly. It appears are usual excellent service experienced a hick up and we apologize. Hopefully you’ll give us another try when you’re in the area. Thank you for staying with us.

Phil
Sanborn ny
Reviewed August 26, 2013

This hotel was well worth the money.As we walked through the front door. The front desk was more than willing to go out of there way to meet and greet you, and help out with any questions you may have. the rooms and hotel itself was super clean and comfortable. The hotel seemed to be very well up on security and I felt very comfortable leaving the hotel with items left there. The breakfast was also great. There is a pool and work out room. Liked the ideal of having a key in order to enter these areas well on your stay. I must say this hotel was located in a very excellent area, with restaurants and tons of shopping and close and convenient to other family fun activities to do in the area. I would stay here again with out a doubt and can't wait to return next year.:)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
adamwightman, Assistant General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 13, 2013
Denise C,

Thank you for taking the time to comment on our hotel and staff! We appreciate your feedback and we will continue to take the comfort and security of our guests very seriously, here at the SpringHill Suites Erie. I look forward to seeing you again next year!

Thank you for staying with us!

usa
Reviewed August 26, 2013

The Hotel is a typical Springhill. Nice Clean rooms decorated in Springhill Fashion. The mattress was on the thin side. The employees are what make this hotel special. They are Friendly and helpful. Great location near the Mall and other Shopping. I recommend O'Charleys and Texas Roadhouse.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this review, November 12, 2013
taterbug14,

We do apologize that we didn’t respond to your feedback even thought it was read. In retrospect the fact that you took the time to compliment us I feel bad for not posting a response. Therefore if you are out there THANK YOU on behalf of the team at SpringHill Suites Marriott Erie!!

Phil
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This was our second time staying at this hotel. We most recently stayed 2 nights in a king suite with our 2 daughters. They slept on the pull out sofa and didn't complain about it being uncomfortable. Our king bed was very comfortable although the comforter was thin with no other blankets on the bed so I used the blanket that went with the pullout sofa because my daughters brought their own blankets. Each space has its own tv which was great because my kids like to watch TV right before they fall asleep and they were able to turn their tv on in the morning when they woke up before me. We aren't early risers so didn't experience the breakfast. It was nice to have the mini fridge to keep drinks and food cold without having to use a cooler and ice the whole time. The housekeeping staff tried to come into our room rather early and if we hadn't had the flip lock on they would have walked right in on us. She knocked once and then immediately tried to come in before we could come to the door. So we just made sure to keep our flip lock locked so no one could get in while we were in the room. The pool was great, my kids loved it. And they also loved the big jacuzzi tub in our room. The front desk people were so nice, always greeting us when we walked in and telling us to have a great time as we left each day. Overall I was very pleased with this hotel and plan to stay there again next time we go to Erie.

• Stayed August 2013
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this review, September 16, 2013
Nolan1123,

We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us!! I am glad your children were able to take advantage of our pool area and in room jacuzzi. The staff prides themselves on their service to our guests.

Phil E