“Excellent Place with Excellent Service”

SpringHill Suites Erie
Ranked #2 of 38 Hotels in Erie
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed December 29, 2012

This is the first place I have visited that the manager would call me in my room soon after I have checked into my room to ensure I am happy with it. There's almost always fruits standing by by the elevator throughout the day.
The suites are nicely laid out, which allows people to sleep while someone else conduct their business in the living area.
Breakfast was of the usual variety, but there is one thing that set it apart: not only is there a person making sure everything are stocked for people to get food from, there is another person keeping the place clean. Nice.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded January 4, 2013

CZLai,

Thank you for compliments. We appreciate you speading the word about our Award winning service. Hope to see you again soon. Stay warm!!

Reviewed December 11, 2012

My friend and I were traveling with her 3-year-old and 11-month-old in tow over a period of 3 days. This hotel was wonderful! Here's what we thought: it's right off I-79, easy to get back on the highway. Very close proximity to 3 restaurants (and possibly more because the mall was across the street). We stayed in the "Whirlpool Suite" which we booked thru hotels.com. You wouldn't think so, but this room set-up was ideal for traveling with children. When you walk into the hotel room, there's a good sized living room space with a desk, fridge, little sink, sofa bed, flat screen tv, and chair. Hotel provided a clean pack-and-play for the baby to sleep in. We put the portable crib in the corner and had the toddler sleep in the pull-out sofa (bedding is provided, it's in the closet). It was PERFECT because the living room area was so dark in the morning that the kids slept in till 8am (which never happens! they are usually up at 6am). Keep in mind there isn't a door that closes which separates the living room to the bedroom area, it's just this abnormal hotel room set-up we really found to be ideal for us. Loved the abundance of fresh fruit at various places in the lobby and lollipops at the front desk were a nice treat. I would stay here again in a second! *Almost forgot that the woman at the front desk was polite and professional.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Chantel915

Chantel915 ,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us!! We love the feedback from our guests. It is what drives our staff to take care of our guests.

Thank you and hope to see you again.

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I was in Erie on business and stayed at the Springhill Suites.It is located close to everything in Erie including many restaurants. Check in was easy. Remember to join the Marriott rewards program to get points for your stay.The rooms are clean. They provide a really nice breakfast in the morning. On the menu are scrambled eggs and sausage, waffles, cereal cofffe and juice.

Reasonably priced.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Bob M,

Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your business!! Please stop and say hello next time your on property. Travel safely

Reviewed November 30, 2012

My wife and I along with our seven month old twin girls recently spent a couple of nights at the Springhill Suites for a shopping excursion in Erie. After all was said and done, we left with an excellent experience to report scoring top marks across the board for us. Located right off the I-79, we found this hotel the perfect fit for us on so many levels. That said, here's the takeaway from our Springhill Suites experience:

First impression/Arrival - Perched up on a hill, the hotel overlooks the city of Erie and shines like a beacon off the I-79 before the turnoff onto Interchange Road. We arrived late in the evening on our first night, but had no troubles checking in and were happy to see luggage carts available for the mountain of items we had in tow. Very warm, welcoming lobby that includes a 24-hour coffee service station with windows overlooking the pool. The breakfast area is well situated directly to your right as you walk in. Very nice initial impression.

Front desk staff - The gentleman who greeted me at the desk was both very friendly and courteous. As aforementioned, checking in was a breeze, and were settled in our room within minutes after arriving. Positive experience, no issues here at all.

Location - Absolutely ideal for us and the purpose of our trip: Shopping. Being situated almost directly across the road from Erie's main shopping centre (Millcreek Mall), and very close to one of its main drags (Peach Street, where you can find Target, Home Depot, Wegmans, etc.), the Springhill's location was definitely a draw here. Its close proximity to both shops and restaurants place it in a highly advantageous area while staying in Erie. In addition, you can be on the I-79 in less than 5 minutes for those heading back out. Perfect score on location.

Rooms - Surprisingly larger than we expected. Our room came equipped with everything we needed and then some. Room features included a separate sitting area, mini kitchenette (with fridge, sink and cupboards), a full jacuzzi bath and separate bathroom with shower, two flat screen TV's (one in the sitting area and one wall-mounted in front of the bed), and every other convenience that never left us wanting for something more. Fantastic room with the added bonus of being located on the main floor making in/out access super easy (especially when travelling with twin baby girls!). Very impressed, no complaints whatsoever.

Value - We booked through the Springhill Suites website directly, and obtained what we thought was an excellent rate (with a CAA/AAA discount) given the value you get back in return. For less than $100/night, what we received in return far exceeded our expectations. On the whole, we found the Springhill Suites to have a fantastic ratio of price to quality.

Breakfast - Had a great selection of items to choose from that included a waffle maker, sausage, eggs, yogurt, cereal, bagels, donuts, juice & coffee. The breakfast area itself was very spacious with comfortable chairs to relax in while taking in breakfast. Most definitely one of the better "free breakfasts" we've had in recent times that is a more and more popular offering with hotels these days. Great morning meal, left full and set for the day!

The Bottom Line - A truly pleasurable two-nights stay that both met and exceeded our needs and expectations. Top marks go toward value and location, in addition the to the comfortable room and great breakfast. Five stars across the board, and will definitely be returning on a future visit to Erie.

Room Tip: Main floor rooms are super convenient for those travelling with little ones and/or those looking for...
4  Thank globalwanderer2
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

globalwanderer2

Thank you for your review. As a senior contributor your review is tremendous feedback for myself and our staff. Our team loves to read the new reviews. Thank you again for choosing to stay with us!!

Reviewed November 23, 2012

My wife and I stayed at this hotel on Thursday, November 22, 2012. The place looks great and is well kept, however staying awake all night wasn't in my plans. If someone coughed in the next room it was like they were in our room. I could hear every room around us, including aboce and below's conversation. This went on until at least 3:30 am, it started around 11:00 and never seemed to end. When I mentioned this to the front desk she acted suprised, but I have my doubts she really was. Her comment was, "Why didn't you call, we could have moved you." I kind of thought it would quit and as soon as I dozed off it started again. Definately won't stay there again, generally Marriots are well built, this one isn't. I am writing this from a Courtyard Marriott in Niagara Falls, ON and can't hear nothing from either side or above and below. This was the first time we stayed at a Springhill Suites and the last.

John, Hubbard, OH

Room Tip: Stay with brand you know.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank jack50461

John, Hubbard,

First of all I would like to apologize for your stay experience with us. I know it doesn't make up for a lost nights sleep but I am really sorry. Please contact me directly if you ever want to give us another try. Thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

This hotel was perfectly situated for shopping and eating. The staff were pleasant. Especially with the kids (they have lollipops). The room was big and clean, with a sitting area, pull-out couch, and little kitchenette. Nice pool (but no jacuzzi). Lots of parking. Better continental breakfast than you normally get for free. 24 hour coffee. We are definitely booking this hotel when we come back next year. Hopefully they will have a jacuzzi by then ;)

travellindarlin,

Thank you for your review. As you can tell we are very busy with people eager to shop in November. We are glad you chose to stay with us!! Let me know if you need help getting that room booked for next year.

Take care,

Reviewed November 8, 2012

My mom and I stayed at the SpringHill Suites by Marriott in Erie, Pennsylvania for 2 nights for a shopping trip. We actually noticed that there were a few Coach Canada buses taking people on a guided shopping trip, and we ran into them quite a few times throughout the 3 days we were in the area. We almost had the same “trip” planned, except their trip cost much more because of the bus and tour operators.

First Impressions:
My first impression of the hotel was that it was very clean and quiet. We checked in around 5:00 pm on Sunday, so that’s probably not a peak time for people to be around and checking in.

Parking:
There was no shortage of parking, but again we stayed Sunday – Tuesday so that may be because it wasn’t a peak time for guests.

Customer Service:
The service was great. From the moment we walked in, we were greeted by the front desk and checked in very quickly. We had our choice of any of the floors as well. He informed us of the breakfast hours, the pool and gym hours and because we were there to shop gave us a few tips on good areas.

Room:
Our room was a suite with 2 double beds, a sitting area (with sofa bed) and a wet bar with a microwave and mini fridge. The bathroom sink was out separate from the toilet and shower which was nice because we were both able to get ready in the morning. There were two closets at the end of the room by the window, so if you were staying for an extended time, there is plenty of space to unpack.

Food:
Breakfast was in the main room just off the reception area. It was a hot and cold breakfast buffet and there was a pretty good selection each day. There were bagels, biscuits, bread, donuts, muffins, oatmeal, cereals, eggs, sausage, yogurt, fruit, juice, milk and coffee and tea. They also had a huge basket of apples right by the elevator you could help yourself to anytime throughout the day. We took some apples for healthy snacks for our shopping days which was really nice to have.

Location:
We picked this hotel because of where it was located. It was very easy to get to and surrounded by shopping. Since we wanted to shop in both Erie and Grove City and then head through Buffalo on our way back to Toronto, it was very conveniently located. It was only an hour drive from Grove City and 2 hours from the shopping in Buffalo. Normally we stay right in Grove City to shop at the outlets, but going forward we will definitely keep Erie as our central point.

Overall:
We enjoyed our stay. We thought the beds were very soft and comfortable and it was a very quiet hotel. The shopping was great. I would definitely recommend staying at this hotel and shopping in this area.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
Phil E, General Manager at SpringHill Suites Erie, responded to this reviewResponded November 9, 2012

Thank you for posting your tremendously positive response about our hotel. Our staff is so happy their efforts are noticed. The fresh fruit locations seem to be a hit with everyone!! Thanks again for choosing to stay with us while in Erie, PA.