“Yummy Chocolate”

Dining options: Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Warren, Ohio
“Yummy Chocolate”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

I am usually very picky about my chocolate. We got chocolate covered strawberries that were amazing!! REAL strawberries in very good chocolate. The ice cream there is very good as well. I would recommend getting a toddler scoop if you usually get a small. The portion sizes are HUGE.

• Visited July 2014

“Fruitylicious Shake”
Reviewed July 1, 2014 via mobile

I tried this shake, as it was a special.
Coconut sherbert and orange juice...Amazing!!!! I haven't tasted anything so Wonderful in a long time.

Orlando, Florida
“Sponge candy is out of this world!”
Reviewed March 9, 2014 via mobile

We came up from out of state. Family told us about Romolo Chocolates sponge candy. We have always gone to the competition. Romolo's was awesome. Very good competition. Maybe now has our loyalty. A must try!!!

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Mwrn77
Erie, Pennsylvania
“Diamond in the Rough that is Erie”
Reviewed January 26, 2014

How Romolo Chocolates only has one review (at the time of this writing) is a mystery to me. This is one of the can't miss places if you're visiting Erie. The building is divided into roughly two parts: coffee shop and chocolate shop. Both are out of this world.

The coffee shop has great espresso, fresh baked cookies, amazing ice cream, and fantastic speciality coffee drinks. Their hot chocolate is probably the best I've ever had as they use their own hand made chocolate. It is so rich it makes you realize that THIS is what hot chocolate should taste like.

On the chocolate shop side, they have shelves of different types of chocolate you can buy as gifts as well as glass cases full of sweets you can buy individually. The melt aways and sponge candy chocolates are my favorite. I'd never heard of sponge candy before I came to Erie, but it's tastes sort of like a roasted marshmallow to me...covered in chocolate.

You can't beat Romolos if you're looking for a quick chocolate fix or a place to enjoy some coffee. In the warmer months they also have a large patio area and I think they have live music sometimes.

Tip: They always have chocolate samples out in the chocolate shop so even if you're in just to get some coffee, be sure to stop by and get something sweet to go with it!

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank LuckySansei
“Best Espresso in Erie”
Reviewed December 29, 2013

I've worked as a barista in Seattle and NYC and so I'm admittedly a bit of a coffee snob. The cafe at Romolo's is the best place in Erie hands-down for quality espresso drinks. Erie is known for its many gourmet chocolatiers and this is arguably the best in that regard as well. If you are traveling and looking for an Erie-centric experience or gifts to take back, you won't do better than their chocolates. The location directly across from scenic Frontier Park can't be beat and its a short drive from Presque Isle. Note that they don't serve proper cafe food (soups and sandwiches), but they have ice cream and gourmet muffins and the like. They also have great free jazz concerts on their patio in the summer months Saturday nights from 6-9, but if you want a seat, get there early as the place is pretty much packed by six.

• Visited December 2013

Been to Romolo Chocolates? Share your experiences!