“Wonderful authentic Mexican food in Erie”

Latino's Mexican Restaurant and Bar
Ranked #22 of 423 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bienvenidos! We'd like to invite you to come experience the culinary traditions of authentic Mexican food. Everything we cook is made following generations of family recipes and you won't be disappointed because, as we like to say, we are the "Real Enchilada."
Reviewed January 1, 2013

My wife and I ran across Latino's through TripAdvisor and went there for dinner (Dec. 28/92), as there aren't many opportunities to get good Mexican food at home (Kitchener, ON). What a wonderful experience! The food (Flautas and pork and potatoes in tomato sauce (house specialty)) were great. Both the owner and his daughter gave advice on the best way to eat the chili pepper to get just the right amount of spicyness. The owner also came over a few times to chat about the restaurant and all kinds of other things. But it was especially cute that the waitress kept referring to "Dad" (not "my Dad" or "the owner"). The neighbourhood isn't the best but don't let that turn you off. We are so glad that we went and will make a trip to Latino's a must whenever we go to Erie.

Reviewed December 7, 2012

We had a great dinner at Latinos last night. We were greeted by the owner who told us about his restaurant and how all there food is prepared by hand by his Mother in the kitchen. We got a order of Sopes for an appetizer that is not on the menu but excellent if they have them. The nightly specials that were both pork dishes, Brian got one of the specials and I had the Chili Rellenos , my was good but Brians was excellent made me wish I had ordered the other special!

This was a great place for authentic mexican and we really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Our first visit was last night and I was ready to plan another visit before our main course arrived! I'd never had mole sauce and the staff offered to let me try a sample before ordering the meal. Even after I ordered the owner promised me that if I didn't love it he'd make sure to cook me something else instead. No problem there, it was fantastic! I can't wait for my parents to come visit so we can take them for some REAL Mexican food! Thanks again Latino's, you made a good night great :)

Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went of Tripadvisor advice and it was bang on. The owner came to our table and offered us some Sopas an app for the 4 of us. not even on the menu. My son who went to chef school says it was "the bomb> meaning great and we all thought that, Next soup or salad then entrees. We had the specials and Rellanos, All great Mexican dishes, home made by the owners mother. We finished by sharing a vanilla flan. The place is nice and clean, not in a high end neighbourhood but the food and kindness was memorable for my wife, my boys and for me...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you enjoy authentic HOME MADE and fresh Mexican food then Latinos is a must try! Service was excellent, they expalined every item on the menu for us seeing as we were first time visitors, and the food was even better! We started with delicious chips and salsa along with delicious Margaritas which was followed by our entrees. We had the pork dish and the steak both of which were full of flavour and absolutely delicious. This place is a must try, I can't say it any simplier than that!!!!!

2  Thank Phil D