“the bomb”

Ranked #23 of 425 Restaurants in Erie
Cuisines: Mexican
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Bienvenidos! We'd like to invite you to come experience the culinary traditions of authentic Mexican food. Everything we cook is made following generations of family recipes and you won't be disappointed because, as we like to say, we are the "Real Enchilada."
Reviewed December 1, 2012

Went of Tripadvisor advice and it was bang on. The owner came to our table and offered us some Sopas an app for the 4 of us. not even on the menu. My son who went to chef school says it was "the bomb> meaning great and we all thought that, Next soup or salad then entrees. We had the specials and Rellanos, All great Mexican dishes, home made by the owners mother. We finished by sharing a vanilla flan. The place is nice and clean, not in a high end neighbourhood but the food and kindness was memorable for my wife, my boys and for me...

Reviewed November 18, 2012

If you enjoy authentic HOME MADE and fresh Mexican food then Latinos is a must try! Service was excellent, they expalined every item on the menu for us seeing as we were first time visitors, and the food was even better! We started with delicious chips and salsa along with delicious Margaritas which was followed by our entrees. We had the pork dish and the steak both of which were full of flavour and absolutely delicious. This place is a must try, I can't say it any simplier than that!!!!!

2  Thank Phil D
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We came in to the quiet restaurant not sure what to expect. We were immediately greeted by the owner whom explained to us how his family came from Mexico City and how they enjoyed having a small quiet restaurant.We told him that he would make a killing with his food being so good but He stated he was not interested in going commercial and how his mom did the cooking and they have been able to keep the restaurant family friendly. The food was amazing I grew up in Corpus Christi so I knew good Mexican food, but this was much better than I could remember. My family really enjoyed the atmosphere and the food,and the prices were real reasonable, I will be back and I tell everyone about how good it is.

2  Thank Deborah A
Reviewed October 26, 2012

This was my second visit here. The owner, Julio, is very warm and welcoming as is his entire staff. We had the Cocktail de Camarones ~ the Mexican version of a shrimp cocktail, it was delicious! Large shrimp and creamy avacado with a sweet/spicy salsa, served with a bowl full of chips was a great start to the meal. I chose the Pollo con Mole, (chicken in mole sauce), I can't say enough about this dish, moist chicken with mole sauce to die for along with rice, beans, soup and tortillas. My husband ordered the Comida Corrida (one of the house specials) spicy pork in tomato sauce with succulent cactus along with sides as well. I hope to go back in the near future, would definitely recommend this restaurant!!! Thank you Julio! :)

Reviewed October 13, 2012

Very welcoming atmosphere from the hostess, bartender, waiter. Even the owner, Helio, came to talk to us not once but three times. Helio's mother is the cook and she prepares everything from scratch. We always start with her fresh guacamole & homemade chips. Great wine list, too.

1  Thank mary y