“What a nightmare!!!”
Review of Lake Erie Lodge

Lake Erie Lodge
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Reviewed October 17, 2011

All I wanted was a weekend to relax with my husband. We had stayed here previous times over the years and returned once again. It has to be different management than the prior times. The first night I was awakened at 2:00 to a woman fighting and screaming with some guy and shouting obscenity. When we left for breakfast in the morning there was beer cans scattered all about in the lobby. This alone should have made us leave the next day but we had already paid for two nights stay and thought it couldn't be like this again, I was wrong!!!
The next night we was awakened at 11:00 by the front desk calling to say that we only paid for one night. I had to explain to him all of the events that unfolded that day with our checking in. He apoligized and said he would have to go over his paperwork. Maybe he needed more beer money, who knows. Then quess what happens again? The partying and shouting started once again into the early morning. When we went to the office the next morning to check out (8:45) the door was locked and we had to ring the bell over and over again and kept knocking on the door to get someone to answer. Gee, how does it feel getting awakened during your sleep!!!???!!! After 5 minutes the door opened and we gave him our key and left.
VERY POOR management and bookeeping!!!

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Carol R
There are newer reviews for Lake Erie Lodge

Reviewed September 24, 2011

I had a very nice stay in july, went with my sister and my two little boys, and was very satisfied. Room was clean, had all we needed, and staff was extra friendly. Nice inground pool, and late evening campfire for whomever wanted to sit around it. Very nice, relaxed atmosphere. :) Would definately recommend staying there. Harry, the owner, left a wonderful impression on me, very warm, helpful and friendly. Look foward to seeing him my next visit :)

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank becky n
Reviewed September 18, 2011

Accommodating; not fancy but clean and friendly. Very convenient to Presque Isle. Well managed family business. Will return.
K and C

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 28, 2011

This place is horrible, the room smelled bad, bathroom smelled bad and it was noisy with people outside. I asked for the password for the internet because it says free WiFi and the password the guy in the lobby gave me was wrong. Only stayed an hour as after paying for a room and the rest of our party arrived, they wouldn't let us stay, said there were too many. We called earlier that day to reserve the room, the lady said on the phone said our number of guests were fine. The guy at the front desk wouldn't refund us and basically called us a liar by saying there was no lady that answers the phone there, yet his mother was standing there in the lobby. He was very rude to us. What ever happened to the rule customer is always right? Do yourself a favor and stay elsewhere, this was the worst hotel I had ever been at.

Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank Mode09
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Our room was updated.. New carpet, chairs and paint. Clean and a good deal for your money.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This place was the worst experience I have ever had at a hotel and I am not the picky type. The room was not clean (carpet stains, old bed linens, odor). The internet did not work, nor did the TV and the toilet did not flush. On top of that, the staff was extremely immature. Several young men in their 20s hanging around without shirts, drinking and smoking. In the morning they had left their trash all around the place. They kept me up until around 4:30 in the morning smoking and drinking and inviting girls to the area just outside the guest rooms. Oh, you think I am talking about guests....No, this was the hotel staff. I had to go outside and tell them to quiet down. I guess they partied so late they were unable to get up in the morning. Several guests were waiting for them until almost 9 am. I could not check out or complain about the service as they were nowhere to be found. I could see more of their trash from the night before strewn at the front desks and other guests could not shower because they were given no towels. Grow up if you want to run a hotel. Seems they are in it just to impress their girlfriends and have no interest in the guests. Find another hotel until these clowns grow up.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
5  Thank jcrunn
Reviewed July 30, 2011

My child and I stayed at the Lake Erie Lodge after a long drive to visit relatives. The room had two beds, a television, refrigerator, and air conditioning. The bathroom had a 70's era peach colored sink and bathtub. There was ample parking and an outdoor, in-ground pool.
While plugging my cell phone in to charge, I noticed a gallon spray container of some sort of insecticide. This was NOT what I wanted to see in my room!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family