“Great motel and we'll be back”
Review of Lake Erie Lodge

Lake Erie Lodge
Ranked #35 of 38 Hotels in Erie
Mentor, Ohio
“Great motel and we'll be back”
Reviewed July 18, 2011

The room was large and very clean. If we had any problems they were taken care of at once. We had a very good time and the morning brunch was excellent.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 9, 2011

I took my family to Lake Erie Lodge, and it was a great value, the pool is clean, the rooms are clean, and the staff courteous. Great value for your money. Very close, just about 10 minute drive to the beautiful shores of Lake Erie.

Erie, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 5, 2011

I recently had family come in from out of town and being that I have quite I small place, I needed a nearby hotel to accommodate them. Lake Erie Lodge is not only in a perfect location, the staff there makes you feel important and comfortable; overall it is very clean (I have a bunch of OCD family members, so if they say this hotel is clean....THE PLACE IS CLEAN!) We had planned on many trips to the beach but found their beautiful landscaping, updates and pool was all we needed to relax and we had a blast! On top of all of the other wonderful things, the pricing is incredibly reasonable and my family already made furture reservations for later this year! Take my Advice and Stay- This is the best choice in the Erie area!-

1 Thank Lsheldon0930
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed July 4, 2011

Lake Erie Lodge Is By Far One Of The Best !! Might Not Be a 5 Star Hotel. But Excellent Service !! Employees Are Extremely Friendly !! Clean.. Owners Interact With All Guests !! And Are Glad To Hear Guest Input .. Will Definatly Stay Here EveryTime I Visit Lake Erie !!
Much Improvement since last year !! Gorgeous Gazebo Built By The Owners Themselves.. Along With A Beautiful Large Fire pit. where guests can relax and enjoy themselves after a long day on the beachh !!! You wont find another hotel with such friendly interactive owners who care deeply about their guests !! SMOKERS !!!! Dont have to worry about running through the hotel on the elevator and such ... .. just step out your door...have a seat...and lite it up... enjoy a nice talk with the wonderful owners !! Frank And Harry !! Lake Erie Lodge !! Is By Far The Best Hotel In Erie If Your Looking For A Good Time !!!!! We Will Absolutly Be Returning

2 Thank amberlynn2012
Johnstown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed June 3, 2011

You can't beat the price and even though it's a little outdated, it's clean. You don't travel to spend time in a room anyways so complaining that its outdated is a little ridiculous, especially for only $50 a night... what do you expect, the Hilton? Get over yourselves people!

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business
1 Thank ecotravelor
New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed May 30, 2011

I recently was in Erie, PA for about two weeks. I needed a place to stay and happened upon LEL. The location was perfect – near the lake and everything else in west Erie. The manager gave me a great deal. The lodge was going through some renovations, but it looked a little better each day. The room was comfortable, clean, and quiet. The staff was friendly and helpful. Next time I’m in Erie, I will definitely be staying in LEL.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled on business
2 Thank 51Ryan51
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed May 20, 2011

I had family to visit so I booked in advance with no problems what so ever, I had a great time and staff was kind and helpful in every way possible. I been there a couple times and every time I went it gets better and better. I noticed they added new carpets that look amazing in the room, a gazebo, and new units in the room. I always had everything I needed and when i ran out the response was fast. The rooms were clean as can be and just as comfortable. It was an amazing stay with everything you need/want right around the block so its walking distance. I also noticed they added flowers right by the rooms that just brighten up your day and gives it an extravagant look... almost makes you feel like your right at home. The owners were very kind and anytime I needed anything they were there to help. I would recommend this to anyone and I'm positive you won't regret it at all and would come back as much as I do. The pools a plus as well and the outdoors are always clean and at night looks amazing with the lighting.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled solo